working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Morning all!! Just checking in. This am it was Body by Jake, all I can say now is Jake is getting a body by Figgy! Good workout and I heard the same bull as @Sans Souci did yesterday twisting helps you detox all I know right now is good posture right now is essential or my sides feel funny. cyually I feel pretty good I just feel it where I should. So to everyone out there just get moving today! Put the radio on and dance like a fool for 5 minutes.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Check in with a new workout (I strayed from Ultimate Yogi today :eek:.). I did an online workout called *ahem* "Buti" (pronounced "booty"). It was a fusion of yoga, twerking and high intensity cardio. It was, um, interesting, but fun. It was definitely one of those workouts where you have to close the blinds. It was a good calorie burn though. I will do it again some time, since it went by so quickly and it was different.

Happy Friday, everyone! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Morning all! Can't do my outside walk today cause it's raining, but I am going to walk indoors. Also, doing my Pilates today plus cleaning the house! I'm going to move it, move it, move it!!
Hello-

Check in with a new workout (I strayed from Ultimate Yogi today :eek:.). I did an online workout called *ahem* "Buti" (pronounced "booty"). It was a fusion of yoga, twerking and high intensity cardio. It was, um, interesting, but fun. It was definitely one of those workouts where you have to close the blinds. It was a good calorie burn though. I will do it again some time, since it went by so quickly and it was different.

Happy Friday, everyone! :)[/ YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mawg

I like this thread and it has given me more motivation to work out today. I'm 40lbs over weight; at least I was on Jan 1st. I've lost 6 lbs since then so I'm 34 lbs over weight. I'm going to the World the second week of June and I'm tired of looking fat in all my vacation pictures. My goal by the time of my trip was to get down to 200lbs, not my target weight but a realistic goal, I'm at 224 as of today. I'm not losing the weight as fast as I wanted to as I wanted to be at 220 by the end of February. I tried this last year too, January of last year I started at 230, got down to 210 by early summer gained it all back by New Years. This year I'm trying to be more steady, not eating "Diet" meals but inventing recipes I can live with for the rest of my life so to make a lifestyle change. Actually, I've always cooked pretty healthy my biggest problem is at dinner I keep eating if there is food left and I always want a dessert late at night. I have a treadmill. I have been running on it about 4 times a week right now and need to do more. When I started I could run at a 5 for .25 miles, now I can run at a 6.5 for 1.5 miles and finish 3 miles in 36 mins. Making progress.
Anyways, I thought I would come on here from time to time and let others know how I'm doing and if there is anyone else trying to lose some to offer some encouragement. Now gotta go run --thanks

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
We had a thread going here called Disney diet buddies that has some really great info in it if you guys have some time to check it out. In that thread I learned about a blog called Skinny Taste. It's amazing! I cook dinner almost exclusively from her recipes now and haven't come across a dud yet. The recipes are complex in flavor but not in preparation or ingredients. I really can't say enough good things about her recipes. If you're looking for some flavorful and tasty yet healthy meals check it out!

Sans Souci

@burks, your weight loss is awesome! Making healthy eating and regular exercise a lifestyle change is the way to go. Good luck and keep checking in!

@Eeyore I love Skinnytaste. I am a vegetarian and I love that she regularly posts recipes for the veggies.

@figmentfan423 This is a vegan cooking blog that I use. http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/ I have made the vegan enchiladas with cashew cream, my carnivore husband devours them. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I like this thread and it has given me more motivation to work out today. I'm 40lbs over weight; at least I was on Jan 1st. I've lost 6 lbs since then so I'm 34 lbs over weight. I'm going to the World the second week of June and I'm tired of looking fat in all my vacation pictures. My goal by the time of my trip was to get down to 200lbs, not my target weight but a realistic goal, I'm at 224 as of today. I'm not losing the weight as fast as I wanted to as I wanted to be at 220 by the end of February. I tried this last year too, January of last year I started at 230, got down to 210 by early summer gained it all back by New Years. This year I'm trying to be more steady, not eating "Diet" meals but inventing recipes I can live with for the rest of my life so to make a lifestyle change. Actually, I've always cooked pretty healthy my biggest problem is at dinner I keep eating if there is food left and I always want a dessert late at night. I have a treadmill. I have been running on it about 4 times a week right now and need to do more. When I started I could run at a 5 for .25 miles, now I can run at a 6.5 for 1.5 miles and finish 3 miles in 36 mins. Making progress.
Anyways, I thought I would come on here from time to time and let others know how I'm doing and if there is anyone else trying to lose some to offer some encouragement. Now gotta go run --thanks
Congrats and don't worry if your weight loss slows as it will for most people! Don't give up!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
@burks, your weight loss is awesome! Making healthy eating and regular exercise a lifestyle change is the way to go. Good luck and keep checking in!

@Eeyore I love Skinnytaste. I am a vegetarian and I love that she regularly posts recipes for the veggies.

@figmentfan423 This is a vegan cooking blog that I use. http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/ I have made the vegan enchiladas with cashew cream, my carnivore husband devours them. :)
Thanks all I really didn't feel like doing much this am but you guys are keeping me accountable!

disneysince71

Namaste. Good morning as much as I thought I could have used an extra hour of sleep today (weekend lazy) I'm glad I got up and did my Sunday yoga infact I feel so much better I'm going to log off and do another yoga almost said tape LOL dvd.
Preview

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom