working out for Disney

Songbird76

Good early morning to you! 5 fat burning miles and day 26 is done. I've also gotten my dh out to work. I'm heading to the farm market today. If nothing else I'll be able to get the guys some eggs from there. They are so much better than the ones from the store and I don't get the cheap eggs! I hope all of you are having an excellent weekend!
Oh is the farm market open again?? Or is this not the one where you buy all the fresh veggies?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh is the farm market open again?? Or is this not the one where you buy all the fresh veggies?
There wasn't much in the way of veggies yet but it was still fun just walking around! BTW I think we may go through a bit of veggies LOL a few vendors remembered me and told me what should be coming in over the next few weeks:) Kale and arugala coming soon:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning it's my do nothing day, well sort of I did do my day 27 practice. Today I plan on going with my dh to get a few things for the trip. Then it's watch a movie, eat a salad with pickles from the farm market, a warm bath and some Yogini maybe, maybe not.:D

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Had a great weekend. The weather felt like early Spring with cool mornings and warm afternoons. We got a lot done around the house.
Have errands to run today. Then, walk this evening with DH.
Rain chances every day this week starting tomorrow. But, we really need some. Time to clean closets then. :)
Have a good day!! :cool:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning Monday weights, 5 miles LS Ultimate 5 day and the day 28 practice. Only 2 more days to go. They have been easy but have gone very quickly. It was a bit nippy so I ran some errands seeing my chicken friends didn't want to brave the a bit too cold:hilarious: I wanted to get to some yogini yesterday but it was a bit late when I got home yesterday, so hopefully later today!

Songbird76

I think I overdid it today. We went to the middle ages festival and it takes place in a big clearing and I think the uneven ground kind of did me in. My hip is pretty sore. I didn't "work out" per se, but did walk for quite a while.
DSCF4490.JPG
DSCF4531.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning it's dark and drizzly but I managed to get 4 1/2 miles in before the rain:joyfull: Early, very early I did some Zumba and my day 29 practice. Tonight's dinner salad and gf pasta with turkey meatballs. for me white bean salad instead of meatballs:joyfull: My dh is being really good about his diet and he even did a walking workout and some sit ups last night, I'm not sure sitting in the recliner counts:hilarious: Sometimes life brings happy surprises:)

epcotisbest

Tonight's effort on the grill. Chicken leg quarters. Served with a salad. Very moist and tasty. The one with the BBQ sauce is for my wife. Way too much sugar for me. Instead of a sodium-filled rub, I just sprinkled on a little black pepper and grilled indirect at 400 degrees to an internal temperature of 180. They came out just right. Did not really miss the rub. I do miss bbq sauce.

leg quarters.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another great early morning for me.:joyfull: LS 5 advanced miles and the day 30 practice. I did it, I'm finished, yea and boo all at the same time. Of the 30 days of yoga this was my favorite, Adrienne took off her mike put on some music and said go for it. You could either follow her or do your own thing so I did my own thing for the most part. Sun salutations and twisting for the most part, that's what I needed so I just ran with it. I'm going to keep doing yoga maybe not everyday but the goal is to add it at least 3 or 4 days a week. It's going to warm up a bit today so to celebrate I'm going raw for breakfast and lunch Namaste

epcotisbest

Another great early morning for me.:joyfull: LS 5 advanced miles and the day 30 practice. I did it, I'm finished, yea and boo all at the same time. Of the 30 days of yoga this was my favorite, Adrienne took off her mike put on some music and said go for it. You could either follow her or do your own thing so I did my own thing for the most part. Sun salutations and twisting for the most part, that's what I needed so I just ran with it. I'm going to keep doing yoga maybe not everyday but the goal is to add it at least 3 or 4 days a week. It's going to warm up a bit today so to celebrate I'm going raw for breakfast and lunch Namaste
Congratulations! Those 30 days went by fast.
You could always repeat the 30 day thing starting from the beginning, you know, just to perfect your technique. Sorta like what I plan to do on our upcoming trip to SSR. I plan to practice my poolside lounging as I need lots more practice.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Congratulations! Those 30 days went by fast.
You could always repeat the 30 day thing starting from the beginning, you know, just to perfect your technique. Sorta like what I plan to do on our upcoming trip to SSR. I plan to practice my poolside lounging as I need lots more practice.
Thank you. I've been looking at a few other yoga challenges. I have a few Rodney Yee dvds from the library so I'll do some of those and then decide. I think I'm going to add in some pool side lounging once it warms up a bit more:D I'm really bad at that:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

epcotisbest

Thank you. I've been looking at a few other yoga challenges. I have a few Rodney Yee dvds from the library so I'll do some of those and then decide. I think I'm going to add in some pool side lounging once it warms up a bit more:D I'm really bad at that:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Practice makes perfect...or in my case makes things somewhat better! :eek:

epcotisbest

So @figmentfan423 I am eating lots more salad and even beginning to like them, or at least not resent having to give up fried potatoes, fried squash, heck fried anything I like better than salad!
Sorry got a little sidetracked.
Anyway, I still use too much salad dressing and I know they are full of chemicals, carbs and calories, but just can't, or I suppose I should say won't, eat the salads without plenty of dressing. I usually go for ranch because it is lower in carbs than my favorite, thousand island.
Do you have any good salad dressing recipes or links to homemade dressing recipes you would care to share? I have a Vitamix blender and it does a great job, so making it creamy won't be a problem. I don't really care a lot for vinaigrette type dressings but will use them ever now and then for a change of pace. With fresh veggies coming in in about a month or less, I see a lot of salads (and yes, some fried squash) in my future.

Songbird76

So @figmentfan423 I am eating lots more salad and even beginning to like them, or at least not resent having to give up fried potatoes, fried squash, heck fried anything I like better than salad!
Anyway, I still use too much salad dressing and I know they are full of chemicals, carbs and calories, but just can't, or I suppose I should say won't, eat the salads without plenty of dressing. I usually go for ranch because it is lower in carbs than my favorite, thousand island.
Do you have any good salad dressing recipes or links to homemade dressing recipes you would care to share? I have a Vitamix blender and it does a great job, so making it creamy won't be a problem. I don't really care a lot for vinaigrette type dressings but will use them ever now and then for a change of pace. With fresh veggies coming in in about a month or less, I see a lot of salads (and yes, some fried squash) in my future.
I make my own Ranch dressing, but I don't measure anything. I just dump things in and go by smell. You start with a base of mayonaise or miracle whip, (I use mayo) and add either milk or buttermilk to thin it to a texture you like. Then you add garlic powder, onion powder, MSG (or not), salt, and black pepper. You can add dill if you like it. I prefer a more mild taste, so I use regular milk and mayo and no dill, and I go easy on the onion powder. Ranch is about the only dressing I like.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi! Going to jump in here. Have you tried olive oil and red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar? They are the only dressings we make at home. They are both good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom