Working Backyard rollercoaster!! (no longer frustration)

NYwdwfan

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Now just hope that these guys don't hear about it...
082115-other-bears-in-pool-pi-mp.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Those bears ROCK.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Your coaster is coming along nicely! (For some odd reason, I just had a flashback to my childhood, when my brothers would be out in the back yard, nailing together pieces of wood, etc., for their homemade go-karts. Now, those weren't nearly as sophisticated as what you've been working on, but I enjoy those types of down home, backyard, creative projects. There's nothing as rewarding as creating something yourself! :) And I think it's safe to say that you will be the only person with his own coaster in the neighborhood, and well beyond! ;)

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
It sure looks like a lot of fun.

I'm just curious when you will adding the second lift hill and the return loop for your Out and Back. :D
We hope to have it make it back by around December because snow is going to put a damper on construction. If not, hopefully by the end of the next summer (should be done by then). Here is our newest video, we are going very extreme. It only took us a weekend to do this, and it was a pretty large task to do.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Really enjoyed your latest update video; it was so much fun to see the progress. I must say you have quite an ambitious, steep banked turn (yikes! :jawdrop: ) in the woods!! I can't wait to see if you guys can make that work. :happy: Also, the idea of looping the return track back through the woods, adds additional interest to the ride. Best of luck with the continuation of this project, and I hope you can finish before the snow falls.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
Really enjoyed your latest update video; it was so much fun to see the progress. I must say you have quite an ambitious, steep banked turn (yikes! :jawdrop: ) in the woods!! I can't wait to see if you guys can make that work. :happy: Also, the idea of looping the return track back through the woods, adds additional interest to the ride. Best of luck with the continuation of this project, and I hope you can finish before the snow falls.
Thanks! We are really ambitious and we want to go extreme, we don't want a boring roller coaster. We have actually thought about making a loop.... but we probably won't do that, that would be crazy! And we are looking for names too, we don't know what we want to name it. I thought 24 wheels under the seat was a creative and funny name with a disney reference (there are actually 24 wheels on the car), but we decided it wasn't gonna work. If you guys have any ideas, feel free to post them, we are open for suggestions!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's great!!! So glad to see you back, working on this exciting project. I can't believe how far you've gone since you first started this. Your current ride looks smooth and fast! Well done! Looking forward to more updates in the future. :happy: (P.S.: I like the basketball thrown into the hoop--nice touch! :hilarious: )

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
It has been a while since I have updated this thread on my backyard roller coaster, but it is coming along well even though winter in Wisconsin and the fact that I am at college has halted the construction again! Nonetheless, we have some pretty cool news about it! Last week the TV show Inside Edition aired a segment about our rollercoaster and two other backyard roller coasters!! I will insert the link to the segment they did, we are the second roller coaster in it! This is just a tidbit of our roller coaster, so if you want to know more about it, subscribe to our Youtube channel "Coasters and Karts" for all of our other crazy and random update videos!
https://www.youtube.com/user/WoRlDdOmInAtOr41- Link to our channel on Youtube!
I hope you guys enjoy it! It is really just such a fun and amazing project to be working on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom