Woody and Buzz Plushes at Six Flags

Sr Cara de Papa

Original Poster
I was at Six Flags Fiesta Texas this past Saturday and noticed that at one of the carnival game booths the prizes included Buzz Lightyear and Woody plushes. Has anyone else been to Six Flags and seen them? Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me, but upon a closer look they didn't seem to be "Disney" quality plushes. I was taken by surprise to see Disney characters at Six Flags. Anyone know if Disney/PIXAR allows this? :wave:

TowerOfTerror

A couple of the Six Flags parks used to have stores filled with Disney branded merchandise. It’s Pretty Sad that they can’t create their own identity instead of buying the lowest quality Disney branded goods to sell. I have gone to many Six Flags over several years and the only thing that they can successfully do is build roller coaster. I only wish that they can maintain and operate them correctly. :brick:

dandaman

^You should visit Magic Mountain in Valencia... apparently they've really gotten their act together in the past couple of years.

As for the rest... well, no comment as of yet. :lol:

kc1296426

Magic Mountain used to be complete s@#!, but recently it's like been said before, gotten it's act together. Love that place.

Disney plushes and other toys were sold in many places, fairs, theme parks, non-disney outlets and such. It's no big deal because they bought them from Disney in the first place (right?).

disneytopdog

A couple of the Six Flags parks used to have stores filled with Disney branded merchandise. It’s Pretty Sad that they can’t create their own identity instead of buying the lowest quality Disney branded goods to sell. I have gone to many Six Flags over several years and the only thing that they can successfully do is build roller coaster. I only wish that they can maintain and operate them correctly. :brick:

The Six Flags in Arlington, TX has a whole "Disney Plush Store"

It is real sad that they spend a ton of cash for the rights to the Warner Brothers Characters and then promote Disney characters in there store.

Whats next a Disney Vacation Club Kiosk at the front gate or next to the Superman Ride!!!!

the-reason14

It is real sad that they spend a ton of cash for the rights to the Warner Brothers Characters and then promote Disney characters in there store.

Whats next a Disney Vacation Club Kiosk at the front gate or next to the Superman Ride!!!!

Ohh, I used to love that ride. The Superman Tower of Power or something along those lines. It was like 300 something ft. in the air and it was a drop ride. I used to love it, man. But that line used to be so freikin long. But it still was a great and fun ride.

Sr Cara de Papa

Original Poster
Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing many Warner Bros character plushes. They did have alot of plushes from The Simpsons and Family Guy characters. Go figure!

fosse76

It's not uncommon for other businesses to cross-license. Six Flags acquired the license to Looney Tunes in 1984 when they purchased Six Flags Great America (Chicago), which is by far the most efficiently run theme-park in the chain (and is their biggest money-maker, it was also the model used for the turnarounds of Magic Mountain and Great Adventure). They acquired the remaining Warner Bothers catelog when the chain was bought by Warner Brothers in 1991. Then when Six Flags was bought out, the licensing agreement was passed on to the new company, who didn't think that Bugs Bunny was popular enough. So they began to put all that other material in the park. I think new management will eventual weed that stuff out. But the thinking behind it is to have as much variety for prizes as possible. I mean, do you really want twelve different skill games to have the same prize? It's better to give people something recognizable as to opposed to a stuffed frog that's more generic than this season's American Idol.

dwightshrutefan

Ohh, I used to love that ride. The Superman Tower of Power or something along those lines. It was like 300 something ft. in the air and it was a drop ride. I used to love it, man. But that line used to be so freikin long. But it still was a great and fun ride.

Just hope your legs dont get severed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom