Wonders of Life???

RedFurredCadet

And on a different subject, while hopes of resurrecting the pav have slipped (and fractured in the process), they should at least have the heart to consider a memorial to the pav in one form or another (remember some of the AA's from Horizons on display in the Imagination pavilion?)

Though I doubt Buzzy, nor the Hypothalamus, might make it on display in one piece should the decision be upheld.

RedFurredCadet

*facepalms*

No wonder why many people this day and age would rather rub shoulders (and scruffs of the necks) with blue-furred extraterrestrials than even give the forgotten history of the golden dome much consideration. *sigh*

Poor WOL. A victim of the time capsule effect.

Time Capsule Effect: being designed, intentional or not, for a particular time period, with the misfortune of being outdated some time later.

CJR

Instead of closing attractions with in a park for convention space, why not build a convention center? The logic of TDO is questionable.

I understand WoL was not the most profitable pavilion or a top draw at the park, hence its closure. If Disney would place a "Wizarding World" there, I think they might see a better return than using it for convention space. Are there really that many conventions going on in the World Showplace, WoL, and the old Odyssey Restaurant at the same time? If so, again, build a convention center. Let park restaurants, shops and rides be park restaurants, shops and rides.

RSoxNo1

I know I've asked this question before, but does anyone have park capacity estimates over the years? I assume Epcot probably peaked in 1995-1996.

RedFurredCadet

I know I've asked this question before, but does anyone have park capacity estimates over the years? I assume Epcot probably peaked in 1995-1996.
Apparently I'm thinking the same thing too. Of course, in the mid 90s, Epcot's attendance peaked. I wish they'd mention up to specifics (as in x attendants in a given year) especially for WOL. But, alas, there's not a lot of information floating around.

raven

Are there really that many conventions going on in the World Showplace, WoL, and the old Odyssey Restaurant at the same time? If so, again, build a convention center.

Not conventions, events and yes, sometimes there are. EPCOT has an advantage over any other event place around the area: they can be held inside an actual Disney park. Because of this very reason some of those buildings are used on a daily basis and companies will pay a LOT of money for that privalage. Events are a HUGE sorce of income for the company. (Once saw a $10,000 breakfast for a family of 5 being set up in France early one morning).

Most people don't know this but World Showplace holds the catering facilities (kitchens, offices, storage of equipment, etc) that go on for the entire WDW property. So if you see a wedding at the wedding pavilion, a catered convention at Coronado Springs, special events inside other parks and resorts or even the marathons, these are all organized through the WSP facilities. What most people only know of it is simply the ballroom.

Odyssey has Magical Gatherings twice a week and is used for company and other events several times a month.

WoL main open area (the only usable space left) holds large and small events on a weekly basis. And when F&G or F&W comes around they are used for the headquarters for those events. They take a LONG time to set up and take down each year.

Hope this helps to better understand these buildings usage to members here and maybe now you will understand that they are not just sitting there unused.

puntagordabob

:lol: yea, but I've never seen it on a top 10 worst disney ride list from here except mine.. Imagination is usually #1. :lol:

Had you said attractions the #1 would be Tiki Room Under new management! :) Woo hoo bring on August so the Memories of UNM can begin to erase!

, build a convention center. Let park restaurants, shops and rides be park restaurants, shops and rides.

+1

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
WoL main open area (the only usable space left) holds large and small events on a weekly basis. And when F&G or F&W comes around they are used for the headquarters for those events. They take a LONG time to set up and take down each year.

Wasn't it used for the same purpose when it also had the attractions inside the pavilion? I'd say that they could at least make a new update CC and BW, then in the Frontiers in Medicine area, put some interactive stuff in there. The two stage theaters in the middle could be used for live shows which could easily be changed during F&G and F&W festivals, the same with changing the movie in the small movie theater, I was thinking a cartoon animation starring Buzzy.

The only thing that's been changed is all the old interactive stuff are not in the open area anymore, and the Goofy About Health TV's aren't in the way for the festivals. Hence, the middle of the pavilion can all be easily changed for the festivals.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wasn't it used for the same purpose when it also had the attractions inside the pavilion? I'd say that they could at least make a new update CC and BW, then in the Frontiers in Medicine area, put some interactive stuff in there. The two stage theaters in the middle could be used for live shows which could easily be changed during F&G and F&W festivals, the same with changing the movie in the small movie theater, I was thinking a cartoon animation starring Buzzy.

The only thing that's been changed is all the old interactive stuff are not in the open area anymore, and the Goofy About Health TV's aren't in the way for the festivals. Hence, the middle of the pavilion can all be easily changed for the festivals.

-WondersOfLife

You forgot about this detail:

"Most people don't know this but World Showplace holds the catering facilities (kitchens, offices, storage of equipment, etc) that go on for the entire WDW property."

For now, the pavilion is not returning to its former state.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
You forgot about this detail:

"Most people don't know this but World Showplace holds the catering facilities (kitchens, offices, storage of equipment, etc) that go on for the entire WDW property."

For now, the pavilion is not returning to its former state.....

So Wonders of Life is the World Showplace? Or is that all of the abandoned areas in epcot? I thought it was the millenium village. :confused:

-WondersOfLife

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So Wonders of Life is the World Showplace? Or is that all of the abandoned areas in epcot? I thought it was the millenium village. :confused:

-WondersOfLife

Yup, I misread what he wrote.

Although the part about the only usable parts of WoL being used for F&G or F&W didn't escape my attention....

NoChesterHester

In a bluesky stage. No info on a greenlight yet.

I look at this as a great thing. The fact it is "blue sky" means to me that if they do pull the trigger on a refurb, it will be more than repairing and rewiring. I bet they base a lot on the reception of the Tikis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom