Wonders of Life "Cranium Command" Sign Removed. . .

Kodak was having some financial difficulties for a while. My dad works for what used to be Eastman-Kodak in Tennessee, but Kodak allowed that sector to leave the company as long as it took a good chunk of Kodak's debt. I think the rise of the digital camera hurt Kodak, but maybe the new picture kiosks that are popping up in drugstores and Walmarts will help.

Question: I know that Kodak sponsors Muppet Vision and used to sponsor Legend of the Lion King in MK...do they sponsor Philharmagic? I've only seen it once and don't remember seeing any signs, and Kodak always seems to plaster its logo all over their attractions.

askmike1

First of all, yes Kodak sponsers Philharmagic. Kodak has to give a lot of money to Disney because not only do they sponser Imagination, HISTA, and Philaharmagic among other attractions, they get a full page add in the Disney Park Guide maps. I don't know a specifics however.

-Michael

EpcoTim

Its a shame, Cranium Command has a cast that works well together, and they were at a peak time in their careers, not something that will ever be easily duplicated.

Tmacafits

To Miss M:

If you don't want to answer my question, then just don't reply to me. Hey, I just asked a question and I didn't see any forums about space mountain or care to look for one. Since I just joined last night, I decided to check and see if my membership worked. So I just clicked on a forum, didn't know what to reply to anyone about, so I just thought of some question I had thought about and typed it. I knew these forums had nothing to do space mountain so I thought if anyone thought I was dumb for posting that in this forum then they would just give me a forum name where my question could be answered, or just not reply at all.

That said, God Bless.

Well, since WDW is at the top of most families' vacation destination lists and Kodak is the only brand of film sold inside the parks, I'm sure the Kodak/Disney partnership is a lucrative one. It makes sense: people on vacation, people taking lots of pictures, people running out of film, people desperate for more film... :lol:

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I'll never be able to forgive Kodak for what they allowed to happen to Journey Into Imagination. Though I still buy their film...guess old habits die hard. :animwink:

Thanks for the answer about Philharmagic...I was fairly sure that Kodak did sponsor it, but I wasn't positive. That gives them an attraction/pavillion in each park except AK...anyone know if there's a Kodak attraction at AK?

Sorry for the thread drift. :animwink: Long live WoL!!

MissM

Tmacafits said:
To Miss M:

If you don't want to answer my question, then just don't reply to me. Hey, I just asked a question and I didn't see any forums about space mountain or care to look for one. Since I just joined last night, I decided to check and see if my membership worked. So I just clicked on a forum, didn't know what to reply to anyone about, so I just thought of some question I had thought about and typed it. I knew these forums had nothing to do space mountain so I thought if anyone thought I was dumb for posting that in this forum then they would just give me a forum name where my question could be answered, or just not reply at all.

That said, God Bless.
a) I wasn't answering your question because your question was in the wrong place. I was explaining to you how forums work and WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO GET YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED.

b) It's evident that you're rude and careless about other people's conversations that you'd CONTINUE TO POST YOUR OFF TOPIC REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. You could have either (1) read the information, learned something and reposted your question (2) read the information, thanked me and reposted your question or (3) read the information, ignored it and continue to disrupt the conversation. Clearly you felt (3) was the better option. Which is downright rude. When someone tries to help you - because clearly you were new and clearly you didn't know how to post your question which is why I explained it to you in the first place - the appropriate reply is not to wallow in your ignorance and continue to act as if you don't know better, it's to learn and move on. (And please, don't act like you couldn't be bothered to learn how to use the forums, or read the description on what forums are for what subjects.)

c) Once again I remind you that online conversations are no different then real life ones. Which means you don't just walk up to someone who's having a conversation and just butt in. MAKE A NEW TOPIC. Don't be so rude. And don't be so proud of your apparent willful ignorance.

d) And lastly, don't chastise someone for offering to help you and then tack on "god bless" at the end. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this post will just sail right over your head the way the first attempt to point you in the right direction did as well but one can't say I didn't try.

My apologies to all on his behalf since clearly of the two, I am the only one who comprehends discussion interruption.
-m

mrtoad

Tmacafits said:
To Miss M:

That said, God Bless.

Hi. Just go out to the main forums page and find which forum you wish to post your question in. Most likely it would go up in WDW General Discussions. Someone will definitly answer it. To start it off for you, yes the coaster has an uphil start while take off is counted down.

Welcome to the boards... :)

joefox97

Thanks Miss M, for setting him straight. If I wasn't such a reputation sharer, I'd be sharing some negative rep points for him blasting you...

Tmacafits
suffice it to say, it's not nice to pick on one of the good guys. We're a pretty tight bunch, for the most part... and we stick up for our own. We don't take kindly to our friends getting blasted for telling you what you're doing wrong.

And Toad, thanks for pointing out where he can find the info he needs -- in a much nicer way than I would have. :)

And now, so that I can stay on topic, I just wanted to say, I too, will miss the WoL pavillion... I worked there a few times and was really sad to see the merch location gone -- it was a great place to work! The costumes felt like pajamas! They were REALLLLLY comfy!

"Alright recruits -- let's save the wonders of life --- where do you think you are, DISNEY WORLD?" :animwink: @Grizz

Joe

mrtoad

joefox97 said:
And Toad, thanks for pointing out where he can find the info he needs -- in a much nicer way than I would have. :)

I was just trying to do my best impression of a fire extinguisher. :)

mrtoad

Thanks I know what you mean. I always run out and then say to my self when I can post them again I will but by then I can't remember where the post was I wanted to use them on.

askmike1

MissM said:
a) I wasn't answering your question because your question was in the wrong place. I was explaining to you how forums work and WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO GET YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED.

b) It's evident that you're rude and careless about other people's conversations that you'd CONTINUE TO POST YOUR OFF TOPIC REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. You could have either (1) read the information, learned something and reposted your question (2) read the information, thanked me and reposted your question or (3) read the information, ignored it and continue to disrupt the conversation. Clearly you felt (3) was the better option. Which is downright rude. When someone tries to help you - because clearly you were new and clearly you didn't know how to post your question which is why I explained it to you in the first place - the appropriate reply is not to wallow in your ignorance and continue to act as if you don't know better, it's to learn and move on. (And please, don't act like you couldn't be bothered to learn how to use the forums, or read the description on what forums are for what subjects.)

c) Once again I remind you that online conversations are no different then real life ones. Which means you don't just walk up to someone who's having a conversation and just butt in. MAKE A NEW TOPIC. Don't be so rude. And don't be so proud of your apparent willful ignorance.

d) And lastly, don't chastise someone for offering to help you and then tack on "god bless" at the end. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this post will just sail right over your head the way the first attempt to point you in the right direction did as well but one can't say I didn't try.

My apologies to all on his behalf since clearly of the two, I am the only one who comprehends discussion interruption.
-m

Could you be anymore harsh to Tmacafits? The person is new and didn't know what to do. He made a mistake and I think we all got over it (except for you). Personally, I don't think you comprehend discussion interruption. He did not purporsly plan to interrupt the conversation by asking a question about Space Mountain. Thanks mrtoad for answering the question in a nice way and guiding him to how to make a new thread/reply.

Now instead of going on about this for the next 3 pages, how about we get back to the original point of this thread, the removal of The Cranium Command sign. In the WoL pavillion, my two favorite things were Cranium Command and Anacomical Players. The outside of the pavillion looked great, but to me the inside looked way too 1980s. Body Wars would lose whatever was left of its riders because of Mission Space. To me, if they could keep CC and Anacomical Players (actually, they stopped performing long before WoL went seasonal), and revamp the rest. I would make the pavillion's inside less white, and more futuristic while keeping in tune with the body/life theme.

-Michael

MKCP 1985

askmike1 said:
Could you be anymore harsh to Tmacafits? The person is new and didn't know what to do. He made a mistake and I think we all got over it (except for you).

That's not fair to MissM. If anything, Tmacafits' reply made clear MissM was right on target in her original post. If Tmacafits is going to get along on this board, it is going to be with a little more consideration than has been shown so far. I am sure MissM will get some bad rep for her reply, but as soon as I get replenished, I will support her with some green rep. (and no, I didn't give Tmacafits bad rep, but somebody sure did.)

joefox97

Okay, enough fighting kids... if this needs to continue (which I hope it doesn't), take it to PM or e-mail.

Back on topic! Anyone have any favorite memories of Cranium Command or WoL? My favorite was the comfy costumes!

Joe

General Grizz

Original Poster
joefox97 said:
Okay, enough fighting kids... if this needs to continue (which I hope it doesn't), take it to PM or e-mail.

Back on topic! Anyone have any favorite memories of Cranium Command or WoL? My favorite was the comfy costumes!

Joe
LISTEN TO US NOW, AND BELIEVE US LATER. :D

joefox97 said:
Anyone have any favorite memories of Cranium Command or WoL? My favorite was the comfy costumes!

The CC hypothalamus! "Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe." I LOVE THAT! :lol:

My other favorite line: Where do you think you are, Disney World?? :D

MKCP 1985

joefox97 said:

Joe

Cranium Command: the mechanical crawling toy soldiers - seemingly tons of them, in a scene where everything is breaking loose. Remember?

askmike1

For CC, my favorite parts were the preshow and the side action (what the other organs were doing appart from the major action). For some reason, Body Wars never did it for me. It doesn't have the thrills of M:S or the famous scenes from Star Tours. The sensorary things were enteratining, but nothing you couldn't do somewhere else in the 'World.' The bikes were fun, but you had to wait a long time to get on one (plus after all the walking in WDW, biking is not on the top of my priority list). Anacomical players (back when they were there) were really funny, and came up with things really fast.

-Michael
"The Cat!"

wdwjmp239

General Grizz said:
If you haven't noticed at the parks, the CRANIUM COMMAND/General Knowledge/"Also Inside. . ." side at the right-side entrance to the pavilion has been removed.

How strange... I thought they were going to use that overflow space? Seasonal openings? Oh wow!

Does anyone have any pictures/video of what it looks like on the inside now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom