Wonder refit 2016?

KeithVH

Original Poster
We were planning on doing the PC repositioning cruise next fall on the Wonder for our 30th anniversary. I know that they haven't release the full 2016 schedule (only through April). But I'm hearing rumblings that the Wonder will be in drydock after next summer.

Are we just in rumor mode due to lack of a published schedule or do we need to be making other plans for next fall?

ChuckElias

It wouldn't surprise me, Keith, since the Magic recently had its big make-over. But I haven't heard anything even close to being reliable. Sorry.

PensFan

i haven't heard anything either but i would also be very surprised if they didn't makeover the Wonder soon to match Magic. I'm actually surprised that they haven't already done it. i mean it's a 15.5 year old ship...

It's a size issue. The Wonder is the only one of DCL's four ships that currently fits through the Panama Canal, thus allowing the Alaska / west coast iteneraries to continue. The Magic is now too to large after the addition of the ducktail during it's reimagining. Once the much delayed Panama Canal expansion is complete, it won't matter, and the Wonder will undergo it's make over. I've read rumors of the Magic and Wonder swapping places next summer and the makeover happening in fall 2016, but who knows?? It's all just Internet speculation at this point.

Tonka's Skipper

15.5 years old............gee she's barely middle aged!

However Pensfan is totally correct the completion of the new locks are the key.

AKK

Nmoody1

I think the Panama Canal will be finished soon? We'll,know a little more maybe by Wednesday ... Or at least what she's doing up until summer... If she's listed as going to Europe that could be a big give away!

DISNEY FANTASY

The next round of Disney Cruise Line itineraries will be available next week for summer 2016. The announcement will be on Monday / Tuesday with bookings on Tuesday morning with online bookings available on Thursday (Gold and Platinum members of the Castaway Club would be able to book on Tuesday or Wednesday).

There will be a few surprises not reported so far on the Internet.

Dream and Fantasy will be in the main doing the same itineraries from Port Canaveral use of Tortola will continue. Fantasy will alternate East and west seven night caribbean runs in the summer and then eastern only in the autumn. There will be a ship in Alaska, but slightly shorter season, some say it might be the Magic rather than the Wonder. There will be more Mexican Rivera and possibly Hawaii runs. There will be a ship in Europe, possibly following a similar schedule to this year, with several sailings in Norway area and a few runs to Iceland, followed by Mediterranean sailings in August. Some expect the Wonder will enter a lengthy dry dock at the end of the Mediterranean sailings before coming back to the US, much like the Magic did in 2013. The Magic / Wonder swap is not confirmed it might be delayed re the late running new Panama Canal. Fantasy will have a dry dock and Magic will take over those runs and Western Caribbean runs in the autumn. There have been double port bookings and bookings by ship size rather than name that leads to some difficulty in predictions. We can see seven night Med cruises from mid August that may be after a 12 night Med cruise on August 1st but there is a port booking in the Baltic that clashes with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom