Wonder docked unusually at Port Canaveral

MaryJaneP

Original Poster
In looking at the Port Canaveral Webcam, the DCL Wonder is docked away from the usual Disney Terminal building and alongside the cranes usually used in SpaceX rocket recovery. Any info on this?

ChuckElias

That's awesome! Even though Parrot Cay wasn't my favorite, to have the menu is a great souvenier!!
IMHO, Carioca's (the replacement on the Magic) is no better. Different color scheme, some building silhouettes, and new light fixtures, but essentially the same room. You can even still see the sliding doors where the parrots are hidden. If they change it on the Wonder, I hope they do something better with it.

mikenatcity1

IMHO, Carioca's (the replacement on the Magic) is no better. Different color scheme, some building silhouettes, and new light fixtures, but essentially the same room. You can even still see the sliding doors where the parrots are hidden. If they change it on the Wonder, I hope they do something better with it.

That's no good! I was hoping they changed it up significantly...the theming of Parrot Cay (and the overall look with the buffet) was what I wasn't a fan of (the others hide it well). Hopefully the new place is better!

mikenatcity1

You can see pictures of the revamped Carioca's in my trip report on our Iceland cruise last summer: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/iceland-fjords-and-aad-adventures-after-disney.902207/

If you don't want to read the whole report, here are some pictures of Carioca's on the Magic:

Thanks for both!!! I really enjoyed sifting through the trip report! I have it saved so I can spend more time reading it :) The Magic is the only ship I haven't sailed...hoping to in the next 12-16 months. Glad to see some of the differences from that and Wonder.

ChuckElias

Thanks for both!!! I really enjoyed sifting through the trip report! I have it saved so I can spend more time reading it :) The Magic is the only ship I haven't sailed....
You're very welcome. I hope you like the report. It's funny, that it's the one ship you haven't been on b/c we consider the Magic to be our "home" within the Disney fleet. We've been on the Wonder a few times, the Fantasy twice and the Dream once (soon to be twice -- in 2 weeks); but most of our cruises have been on the Magic and we still love it.

mikenatcity1

You're very welcome. I hope you like the report. It's funny, that it's the one ship you haven't been on b/c we consider the Magic to be our "home" within the Disney fleet. We've been on the Wonder a few times, the Fantasy twice and the Dream once (soon to be twice -- in 2 weeks); but most of our cruises have been on the Magic and we still love it.

We are the same way with the Dream- we have been on it 4-5 times and have 3 more scheduled (almost all have been in the same stateroom) :) Our friend who has been traveling with us is the same with the Wonder!

hope you enjoy your Dream cruise! Halloween is an exciting time to travel (if you celebrate)

garagely

Apologies if this has been said already, I've been very sick since the end of that sailing! Parrot Cay is being rethemed to Tiana, from the Princess and the Frog. That character was a cook. So expect New Orleans style cuisine/decor and stuff like that. Our waiters were both excited for the dry dock. They'll be helping out with the moving of things and tearing things out, and they said it would be cool to see Tiana's come together like that from the very beginning.

We ended up at the very last show EVER in Wavebands as well. I won't be sad to see that and the Route 66 theme go. It was looking quite dated, although the Wonder is my family's favorite ship in the fleet. I'd love for Diversions to become O'Gills, but I don't think they'll be doing that.

ChuckElias

I'd love for Diversions to become O'Gills,
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I have LOVED Diversions since Day 1 and I was sad that they changed the Magic's to an O'Gills. Leave me just one Diversions!

(Although I will say that I like the Magic's O'Gills better than the Fantasy's.)

garagely

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I have LOVED Diversions since Day 1 and I was sad that they changed the Magic's to an O'Gills. Leave me just one Diversions!

(Although I will say that I like the Magic's O'Gills better than the Fantasy's.)

Well that's just wishful thinking on my part. I think they're leaving that Diversions alone, so you'll still have one!

21stamps

You can see pictures of the revamped Carioca's in my trip report on our Iceland cruise last summer: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/iceland-fjords-and-aad-adventures-after-disney.902207/

If you don't want to read the whole report, here are some pictures of Carioca's on the Magic:

Well, you just wrecked my day. ;)

I'm going to have to read your trip report now. We are doing Iceland with MSC. Disney was first choice, but after months of waiting for pricing to be announced, I sat in shock and horror as I read the email from my TA. So, chose MSC..never cruised with them before, hopefully all goes well!

ChuckElias

Well, you just wrecked my day. ;)

I'm going to have to read your trip report now. We are doing Iceland with MSC. Disney was first choice, but after months of waiting for pricing to be announced, I sat in shock and horror as I read the email from my TA. So, chose MSC..never cruised with them before, hopefully all goes well!
Yeah, the DCL Iceland cruise was, uh, pricey. MSC has a much more European flavor. Many of their ships give announcements in multiple languages, with English not being at the top. I've heard both good and bad from American travelers. Not bad, like Carnival-bad. Just making an adjustment to the feel of the line. I'd bet that you will enjoy it a lot.

21stamps

Yeah, the DCL Iceland cruise was, uh, pricey. MSC has a much more European flavor. Many of their ships give announcements in multiple languages, with English not being at the top. I've heard both good and bad from American travelers. Not bad, like Carnival-bad. Just making an adjustment to the feel of the line. I'd bet that you will enjoy it a lot.
I hope so! I had booked it for summer '17.. But rescheduled for summer '18 since we are doing Alaska next June. One of the things that attracted me to MSC, besides the itinerary, was the reviews of so many international travelers onboard, and a more European feel. Some Americans may be bothered by that, but for me, and for my kid, it's a bonus.

The pricing was confusing at first, but I figured it out and think/hope that I selected a good cabin and "experience". The DCL one was out of my range..over $13k for a Cat 5A.. I was shocked bc their 7 night Europe cruises aren't priced badly at all. Those extra nights really up the price on Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom