WOC for mobility disabled visitors

RmeDad

Original Poster
My wife is confined to an EVC due to heart conditions and terminal liver disease. She is incapable of standing for any length of time. We have visited WDW twice since she had this condition (for a total of 10 visits) and had no problem getting around or viewing shows. We are planning our first visit to DLR in May of next year and wonder about viewing WOC. If we book one of the special WOC dinners, will that guarantee us a place for seeing the show without people standing in front of her, or is it a waste of money since the HC marked areas are all in the back of the viewing area? If we choose not to dine, do we need to obtain a Fastpass to see the show?

GiveMeTheMusic

My wife is confined to an EVC due to heart conditions and terminal liver disease. She is incapable of standing for any length of time. We have visited WDW twice since she had this condition (for a total of 10 visits) and had no problem getting around or viewing shows. We are planning our first visit to DLR in May of next year and wonder about viewing WOC. If we book one of the special WOC dinners, will that guarantee us a place for seeing the show without people standing in front of her, or is it a waste of money since the HC marked areas are all in the back of the viewing area? If we choose not to dine, do we need to obtain a Fastpass to see the show?

I'm pretty sure regardless of whether you have a dining package or a regular FP, you will still be taken to the handicapped area for viewing. The top of the viewing area is also where VIP seating is - it's what Disney considers the best view of the show, so you won't be missing out on anything view-wise. You will need either a dining package or a regular FastPass, and be prepared to show up a bit earlier than you would normally to make sure you're taken to the right place. You shouldn't have a problem getting a "seat" where there's no one standing in front of your wife.

Vegas Disney Fan

Everyone needs a FP for WOC, the last 2 shows I've seen people in wheelchairs and ECVs were allowed in a couple minutes before the crowd but that means getting there an hour early. I have no idea if they made prior arrangements or not, just that on both occasions they allowed them a few minutes to safely find a spot.

ETA: this was in the yellow viewing area, not the reserved disability area.

westie

We do the Carthay Circle WoC dinner package. There is indeed a preferred viewing area for the handicapped. Its a great viewing spot and a great dinner. I'd recommend it.

phrog

I was going to ask this same question. So where do the people that are accompanying the person using the ECV
stand/sit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom