• Blue

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Violet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the heck is an Indigo?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • What does this poll have to do with anything?

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I love all of the colors!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

The90skid

Original Poster
Attention Fellow Armchair Imagineers! :bookworm:

For those of you who do not know me, I am The90skid (Call me "Kid" for short). I have a very busy schedule, and I lament the fact that I am unable to compete in any of the imagineer games due to time constraints. However, I still want to exercise my creativity by starting this thread. Think of it like a personal competition for myself.

Here are the rules that I will subject myself to.
  1. Every Friday until the end of the year, I will post one concept for a ride, attraction, event, restaurant, resort, character interaction, or other Disney Theme Park related concept.
  2. The concepts will be completely original; inspiration from other imagineers or rides will be noted if used.
  3. The concepts can be presented in any format (i.e., a walkthrough, a paragraph, a sentence, a word, a picture, etc.)
Sounds simple enough right? But what good are rules without rewards and penalties for following them or breaking them? My rewards will be my own enjoyment of my good and bad ideas. The penalties though? Much more interesting...

1. If I fail to post a concept on a Friday, I will be required to rewrite the lyrics to a Disney animated feature song.
  2. The first viewer to comment their suggestion for a Disney song after 11:59 PM EST on the missed Friday will determine the song that I must rewrite.
  3. Song submissions must be songs that have lyrics that I can find (i.e., don't tell me to rewrite the lyrics to orchestral background music or something goofy like that).
  4. At a minimum, I am only required to rewrite four lines of lyrics.
This thread is more like an accountability thread. I want you folks to hold me accountable to being creative! I also want this to be fun and light-spirited. If it ceases to be fun, or I don't get any feedback, I will discontinue this thread. I look forward to presenting some crazy ideas and songs to you all, and I hope you will enjoy them! :happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
This sounds unique and different, but actually might be more time-consuming than most of the competitions.

Most of the competitions on here involve teams for at least some if not all of the competition duration. If you're worried about time constraints, I'd try this thread for now...see how you do.

If you're able to get a ride concept or something similar up every Friday (or at least most Fridays)...solo....then you can absolutely compete in these competitions. I'd definitely try one of the upcoming comps like @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer or @DisneyManOne's League of Dreamers in the coming months.

Looking forward to see what you do!

RMichael21

This sounds unique and different, but actually might be more time-consuming than most of the competitions.

Most of the competitions on here involve teams for at least some if not all of the competition duration. If you're worried about time constraints, I'd try this thread for now...see how you do.

If you're able to get a ride concept or something similar up every Friday (or at least most Fridays)...solo....then you can absolutely compete in these competitions. I'd definitely try one of the upcoming comps like @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer or @DisneyManOne's League of Dreamers in the coming months.

Looking forward to see what you do!
I completely agree! I'd love to have you on The Sole Imagineer Season Two: Redemption Island in January! I love forward to seeing what you come up with in this thread. :)

The90skid

Original Poster
Happy Friday, Ladies and Germs! It is now time for me to present my concept for the week, so without further ado...

What if Zorro made an appearance at Disney? Disney used to air a black and white show about a masked, caped swashbuckler who lived in old California during the time of Spanish rule. I remember enjoying the show as a kid, and I dressed up as Zorro for halloween one year. I think Zorro could be integrated at a new area/attraction at Disney California adventure. Maybe they could create an old, Spanish town and have ride where you ride horses with Zorro, running away from the bad guys! Something like a coaster on rails that travels through the country side and the town using horse-like ride vehicles.

And there you have it! I would love to generate some discussion down below, so give me a holler! How would you take Zorro and integrate him at Disney? How would you design a ride for him?

orlando678-

I would create a new movie series similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. Then I'd create a stunt show in a new Spanish area or a EMV carriage ride where you follow Zorro on an adventure in a way similar to Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Indiana Jones Adventure combined.

The90skid

Original Poster
I would create a new movie series similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. Then I'd create a stunt show in a new Spanish area or a EMV carriage ride where you follow Zorro on an adventure in a way similar to Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Indiana Jones Adventure combined.
That was kind of what I was thinking about how the ride would work. What if instead of a movie series we bring back the tv series?

orlando678-

That was kind of what I was thinking about how the ride would work. What if instead of a movie series we bring back the tv series?
I'm not sure if it would work. Perhaps with ABC, but I think a movie would be needed to see if it is tv worthy like with the Muppets which could even help the franchise to become more popular.

orlando678-

I prefer the old muppets, but I won't argue with your opinion :) Which parks could this area/ride fit in? I originally thought that Disney California Adventure was a natural fit, but what about DHS?
Those would be the best places. There is however one more place which could be a possibility. In between Adventureland and Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Orlando, there Caribbean transitions into Spanish Californian architecture.

The90skid

Original Poster
Those would be the best places. There is however one more place which could be a possibility. In between Adventureland and Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Orlando, there Caribbean transitions into Spanish Californian architecture.
I am not an expert on estimating how much space things like this would take. Could anything possibly fit there?

The90skid

Original Poster
So here is a teaser for what a reworded song would be like from me! To the tune of "Under the Sea":

"The traffic is always faster,
In somebody else's lane
You dream about merging over,
But that is a big mistake

Just look at the cars around you
Right pedal is on the floor
Whats that in the rearview mirror
Who are the lights flashing for?

Take it easy, take it easy,
Sir I was late, cut me a break
Take it from me!
Back there the truck, he was so slow
And then my wife she told me so
Thats why we speedin'
I know it's cheesy
Take it easy!"

The90skid

Original Poster
Lads and Lassies, Happy Friday to ye all! And now for my Friday concept: Hot Cheese at Casey's! (Nope, sorry, just kidding)

My real concept is for a new restaurant. I would call it "Chef Kermit's" and it would be a complete parody of "Chef Mickey's" at the contemporary resort. The Swedish Chef himself would be there operating a Swedish Foods Counter, preparing various delicacies from his Grand Mama's old cookbook. There would be a stage set up somewhere in the restaurant for the Muppets to provide some entertainment a la the original muppets show, including stand up comedy from Fozzie, some musical numbers, and skits performed to parody Disney movies. All live! Gonzo would be the maitre de at the front of the restaurant, entertaining guests as they wait for their table.

And thats my idea! What do yall think? Should hot cheese be provided at the restaurant? Also, I think sweetums should be a bus boy.

spacemt354

Chili's
Lads and Lassies, Happy Friday to ye all! And now for my Friday concept: Hot Cheese at Casey's! (Nope, sorry, just kidding)

My real concept is for a new restaurant. I would call it "Chef Kermit's" and it would be a complete parody of "Chef Mickey's" at the contemporary resort. The Swedish Chef himself would be there operating a Swedish Foods Counter, preparing various delicacies from his Grand Mama's old cookbook. There would be a stage set up somewhere in the restaurant for the Muppets to provide some entertainment a la the original muppets show, including stand up comedy from Fozzie, some musical numbers, and skits performed to parody Disney movies. All live! Gonzo would be the maitre de at the front of the restaurant, entertaining guests as they wait for their table.

And thats my idea! What do yall think? Should hot cheese be provided at the restaurant? Also, I think sweetums should be a bus boy.
I like it! One question...where would this be located? In Hollywood Studios or somewhere else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom