Wishes viewing at Contemporary ?

NEL

Original Poster
Hello all.

Wondering if there is a viewing area at the Contemp similar to the one at California Grill ??
I have been trying to get a reservation for dinner at Calli Grill, we are a table for 6, we love the food and we want to view the Halloween fireworks but I have had no luck getting a reservation. So, I was wondering if there is a viewing area that is equally as good as California Grill, in which they also chime in the music, and maybe we can dine in " the Wave" and see the fireworks in the alternate spot.

All tips, help, and assistance is greatly appreciated, Thank You !!!

seafoodbuffet

Ditto what @belledream said. The 4th floor lounge sometimes gets crowded. Another nice place is actually the bridge between Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. You have nice unobstructed views and gives you an interesting perspective on just how far set back the fireworks are from the actual castle. See this photo for an idea of the view.

IMG_1406.jpg

NEL

Original Poster
Thanks for the replys. Had no idea there was an observation deck on the 4th floor. Does it get crowded. How are the views , obstructed ?? Any pictures or videos ?? Again thanks for all the help !!

seafoodbuffet

The observation deck area can get crowded if you show up minutes before the show. Because the deck is pretty huge, it's conceivable that you'd have to stand behind other people who are right up against the rail. There's no real obstructions unless you count the monorail track although there does tend to be a brightly-lit parking lot which might take away from the experience somewhat. The view is very similar to the picture I shared (they're pretty close to each other).

I'd recommend camping out at least 15 minutes before and perhaps 30-45 if you're there during a peak season.
Another lovely benefit is that you can head back to your room immediately after the show instead of dealing with the massive crowds that vacate the park after fireworks.

HauntedMansionFLA

Or when in doubt, you can always get a Theme Park View room and watch the fireworks in the privacy of your room. They pipe the music in through your TV while its going on and the best part is, no crowds. :)
That would be cool to watch during the MVMCP without being in the park. Any idea if they pipe the music in during these events?

harryk

That would be cool to watch during the MVMCP without being in the park. Any idea if they pipe the music in during these events?
Best view from outside the park is from the Poly beach. The fireworks are designed to be viewed with the castle directly in front of you. A lot of the visual effects are lost when viewed from the side. They are nice, make lots of noise, but the visuals with the castle in the center is missed if you can't see them from the front. Have viewed from the Grand Flo and the Contemp. and enjoyed them but did miss the actual visual design which the fireworks designers prepared for we the viewer.

HauntedMansionFLA

Best view from outside the park is from the Poly beach. The fireworks are designed to be viewed with the castle directly in front of you. A lot of the visual effects are lost when viewed from the side. They are nice, make lots of noise, but the visuals with the castle in the center is missed if you can't see them from the front. Have viewed from the Grand Flo and the Contemp. and enjoyed them but did miss the actual visual design which the fireworks designers prepared for we the viewer.
Good to know that bit of information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom