• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

MTBaymax

To be fair, 40 seconds is not exactly good judging material. At first "glance", it seems they're under qualified. But, repeated listening and an anticipation to hear what they'll do for the finale should help stem the blow. (after Disneyland Forever, standards are high)

Kman101

This is CE, not WDI. They've been entrusted with possibly the most symbolic fireworks show in the world. There's a lot to live up to.

Ah, it's local? Hmm. How did I miss that? I trust them less ... we shall see I guess. There is a lot to live up to. Same thing with Illuminations. HUGE shows to live up to ... I'm already going to predict less pyro :/

dan8302

I love wishes, I still get goosebumps everytime I hear the music. It just so happens that we will be down in the parks during the final show and for the debut of happily ever after. As much as I will miss wishes, I can't wait to see what they have come up with.

ToTBellHop

Ah, it's local? Hmm. How did I miss that? I trust them less ... we shall see I guess. There is a lot to live up to. Same thing with Illuminations. HUGE shows to live up to ... I'm already going to predict less pyro :/
A safe prediction. I'm actually not worried about the tech and pyro, which I'm sure will be fine, so much as the visuals on the castle, story, pace, and music. These shows shouldn't be rushed. If they couldn't plan far enough in advance to allow Davison two years to make a show, they perhaps should've kept Wishes. I don't always love Davison's work because the shows are sugary-sweet, but that works in MK and he should've been involved.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As much as I will miss wishes, I can't wait to see what they have come up with.

Can always head out to Disneyland to get your Wishes fix... they brought back "Remember... Dreams come True", and, while it's not exactly the same as Wishes, it borrows a lot of the score of Wishes (with a fun, different middle)... with no replacement show announced, I'd imagine that will show through at least most of the summer...

Disney-Trains

Can always head out to Disneyland to get your Wishes fix... they brought back "Remember... Dreams come True", and, while it's not exactly the same as Wishes, it borrows a lot of the score of Wishes (with a fun, different middle)... with no replacement show announced, I'd imagine that will show through at least most of the summer...

My understanding is Remember has too much pyro to run daily, which is why they run it when they do fireworks weekends only.

If there is not a new show announced, it will probably be "Magical" over the summer... An excellent show that really should run at MK for a bit. It's not an. Impressive show like Remember, it's more on the wishes scale.

Disney-Trains

This is CE, not WDI. They've been entrusted with possibly the most symbolic fireworks show in the world. There's a lot to live up to.
Exactly. The prep and landing show didn't exactly fill me with a lot of confidence that they know how to do this. Technically... It had all the elements that are being advertised for the HEA (pyro, lasers, projections).

The_Bellringer

I prefer "Live the Magic" from Forever, which I thought was glorious. Especially the post-show ballad version. But we will have to wait for the entire thing to find out.

No Name

I'm still waiting for a projection show that tells a story, rather than just presents a collage of great moments and characters. Regardless of which style you like better, it is undebatable that the latter has completely dominated. It'd be nice for some variation.

If you can't visualize what I mean, to anyone who's been on the Dream and Fantasy, recall the show Disney's Believe. It has a much more prominent and less forced story than, say, the Golden Mickeys. The strong story makes for a unique and memorable show, in my opinion.

I'm being quick to judge, maybe Happily Ever After will surpise me. But my biggest fear is that it will feel awfully similar to MK's other nighttime projection/fireworks show, Once Upon a Time. Maybe more "grand," maybe a little heavier on the fireworks, but still quite similar in style.

I'll enjoy it regardless, it just depends how much so. On today's topic, I gotta say, I like the music! Didn't know Odell Beckham Jr. was such a great singer.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

To preface the following statement- It will be a miracle if this show lives up to Wishes, but having said that. I have a surprising a amount of faith with this project. This is about as close to an armchair imagineered show. It will have a greater reliance on projection which is less than ideal, but this show should not be bad by any means. If anything, it should top the projection fest down the road.
I hope to god that's the post show music they were recording. I was expecting a full symphony again, forever had a sound like this and look how that ended up.
These vocal tracks should be overlaid with instrumentals, but still expect a greater emphasis on vocals with this show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom