• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

EvilChameleon

Again, I would just like to say I would have no problem with ending Wishes right now and running Magic, Music, and Mayhem for a month or so until this show launches.

Those mortars on the castle. So good.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
On board audio, modern lighting and special effects, smoother Track layout etc.

Not a fan of the star wars overlay personally but the florida space mountain is pretty old school and not really appropriate for the worlds #1 attended theme park in my opinion.

(Appropriate in that it's extremely dated in every possible way).

I love both rides for different reasons. And I thought the SW overlay was pretty cool.

IanDLBZF

On board audio, modern lighting and special effects, smoother Track layout etc.

Not a fan of the star wars overlay personally but the florida space mountain is pretty old school and not really appropriate for the worlds #1 attended theme park in my opinion.

(Appropriate in that it's extremely dated in every possible way).
Wait 'til you ride the Paris one without the SW overlay. I heard it's the cream of the Space Mountain crop!

jrhwdw

Summer Nightastic was trying to divert attention from Potterlands opening. It cost a fortune. Many were surprised they were being given the budget to begin with.
They prob. used the money they were saving form only doing F! 2 to 3 times a week back then! Rolleyes....

TBH, I don't know how I'd feel if Hook and MM&M/SNFS permanently killed Wishes. Granted SNFS was awesome with 180 perimeters every night no lees, but it doesn't have the same feel as Wishes. Maybe if they gave it Magical's theme. I wouldn't have minded if SNFS was the summer show all these years but that's about it I think.
Let's not forget MSEP was also in Summer Nighttastic! Seemed like a great team to counteract Potter at IOA. We'll see if HEA is strong enough to fight Volcano Bay and SeaWorlds new night show (If that's still on, haven't heard much)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've ridden both. Don't mind a ride being a little rough, was just wondering what you were insinuating with the comment about safety.
The WDW Space Mountain track has been retrofitted over the years in an attempt to beef it up. Most recently trim brakes were added before the final drop to reduce stress.

It was scheduled to be removed and replaced in 2008-9 but the budget was cut. The spray paint marks where it would have been sliced up are still visible today.

Many believe this points to the structure not being 100% safe for the public to ride. I wouldn't suggest such a thing on a public message board. I do know people personally who refuse to ride anymore, which of course is their prerogative.

I also know people who ride every visit.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Ride Disneyland's Space Mountain. Then you will see what is wrong.
Ridden 'em both, many times, fairly recently.
  • I dislike Disneyland's on-board soundtrack -- much prefer the music and effects as you pass by at MK, although it was better before somebody screwed up the volume levels.
  • Disneyland's is smoother, no doubt. But I don't find MK to be so rough as to make the ride less fun, although if I had a bad back, I'd likely prefer Disneyland's ride.
  • WDW's is a wilder ride, with more unexpected dips and turns. I like that version better.
  • Disneyland's queue inside the building is better, but if you don't have FP, you start out waiting on the roof of the Magic Eye theater, and by gosh, it is themed as the roof of a building, with a lovely party awning for cover. Good background music, though.
  • Disneyland has an excellent system for boarding those in wheelchairs or who need extra time. WDW's is really hard to get into if you don't walk well.
Some things better in Fla, some in Cali, but most are in the eye of the beholder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom