• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Next Big Thing

@marni1971 - Do you know if the Main Street buildings will get projections like during the Disneyland Forever fireworks? I have a feeling the answer is no, but just wondering. I did enjoy that aspect of the show as you felt engulfed into it.

Next Big Thing

I was at the DVC event a few hours ago at Magic Kingdom and the Moonlight Magic Blast! fireworks were good fireworks, but godawful soundtrack. Surely this isn't what Disney means when they say "Contemporary Disney Songs"... right? That was pretty much "Move it, Shake it... in the sky".

Sped2424

I was at the DVC event a few hours ago at Magic Kingdom and the Moonlight Magic Blast! fireworks were good fireworks, but godawful soundtrack. Surely this isn't what Disney means when they say "Contemporary Disney Songs"... right? That was pretty much "Move it, Shake it... in the sky".

Given that they used Circle of Life by the disney channel stars that was recorded in like 2004 I think we have nothing to worry about here LOL Seems like someone with the ability to use a sound editor found a couple of songs and mushed them together and called it a show for DVC nights. I will say though when it came to pyro they didn't skip out.

Next Big Thing

Given that they used Circle of Life by the disney channel stars that was recorded in like 2004 I think we have nothing to worry about here LOL Seems like someone with the ability to use a sound editor found a couple of songs and mushed them together and called it a show for DVC nights.
I mean, I sort of figure, but hearing that reminded me of why I hate when Disney tries to be "contemporary" in their music.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I mean, I sort of figure, but hearing that reminded me of why I hate when Disney tries to be "contemporary" in their music.

You're 100% right: That soundtrack sucked. It was passable for a dance party with children, but for DVC members?

The only thing worse than that soundtrack was the non-stop cheering from the crowds. WOOOAHHHH!!! WOOOOAAAHHH!!! Someone needs to tell them that the fireworks aren't feeding off from the energy of the crowds.

The amount of fireworks was awesome, though.

But, you don't have to worry about "Happily Ever After" following suit... the music will be coming from a full orchestra, not an 80s synth box.

jrhwdw

That looked like last year's DVC show, correct? Did not see the OUAT Spot lights in there so no added effects? Any HEA pyro hints in there?

Next Big Thing

That looked like last year's DVC show, correct? Did not see the OUAT Spot lights in there so no added effects? Any HEA pyro hints in there?
I wasn't able to attend last year so I can't say for sure, but it seems like there had to at least be minor changes since "Try Everything" (Zootopia) and "How Far I'll Go" (Moana) were both in the show as far as music goes... I wouldn't think they would have been in it last year since neither movie had been released yet.

If we're strictly talking pyro though, than idk. It likely is the same show from that perspective if I had to guess.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For all the money they are spending, they are adding 5 rides, none of which have outstanding hourly capacity. We are trading GMR capacity (probably reducing), lost BLT for A S S and Slink Dog (likely an hourly reduction) and SWL, which also requires the loss of LMA, an extremely successful holiday offering, and a theater that once entertained guests. At best, we are perhaps adding 1000 guests per hour to the park's capacity. That is far too modest for the kind of money we are talking. Walking space will also only modestly increase due to conversion of existing (or former following closure last year) walking space to backstage and conversion of some backstage to being on stage. The actual boundaries of the park will be unchanged and in most cases, many acres are being eaten up inefficiently. As has been discussed ad nauseum (literally makes me nauseous) the Mickey ride should be a new build in addition to GMR and at least one of the lands should have been largely built as a park expansion. The park needs new capacity, not even trades. They seem to be mistaking Epcot, where even trades would be fine, for DHS, which is underbuilt, poorly organized, and unbalanced. Almost $3 bn should have been enough to solve all three issues. Instead, it will solve none of the three. At least the actual rides should largely be fun even if they are just kicking this park's problem can down the road by maybe 10 years.

I wonder what the park's fourth name will be?

Igers Dogs Breakfast of IP Park

Sthebest

Did anybody see the show tonight? Almost half the fireworks were different than usual. Including no heart or star shells. Still a great show and all of them were replaced with bigger shells it seemed.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I am sorry if this has already bean asked and answered but does anyone know what will happen about holiday versions of the MK fireworks ? Will they re-master the new show to a halloween/christmas theme ?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For my family, all we know is Wishes, so yes, we will miss it. I am willing to give the new show a chance and then decide after how the new one rates.
This. We have to. The new show is probably replacing the most inconic visual in the theme park world. It has a lot to live up to. Let's hope it does, if not surpass it.

Because if it doesn't it'll be a real issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom