• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Father Robinson

Hopefully in the new show, there willbe sequences that do not have the castle projections on. It's not that I don't like them, as I actually do think they are cool, but taking pictures with somewhat of a cartoon on the castle, as well as the fireworks, getting it all in focus can be a real obstacle.
Long exposure shots w projections will probably make the castle look like a blurry colored mess (with amazing looking fireworks behind it).

drizgirl

Long exposure shots w projections will probably make the castle look like a blurry colored mess (with amazing looking fireworks behind it).

It will. I had that issue with Disneyland Forever. You'll have to learn the show and go with shorter exposures. I did much better shooting Halloween Screams (with projections) after seeing the projection issues I had the night before with DF.

Father Robinson

It will. I had that issue with Disneyland Forever. You'll have to learn the show and go with shorter exposures. I did much better shooting Halloween Screams (with projections) after seeing the projection issues I had the night before with DF.
Yes indeed. With all the shows, prior knowledge of their nuances is extremely beneficial to achieving good shots.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Only if Wishes could had been updated a few years earlier and maybe It would had Tangled's I See the Light, but this upcoming show DOES FREAKIN NOT! :grumpy: and don't even think about rambling on me about this.

thomas998

I absolutely adore Wishes but I agree it is time for an update. As long as this is just a magical I'll be okay.
Being that Disney is all about cutting costs and given the emphasis they put on the animation overlays on the castle... I would be willing to bet that the replacement show will be more light driven from the cheap projections onto the castle and less pyro driven as the fireworks cost them more per show than the cheesy projection lighting. I was never a fan of the way they used projections on the castle but it looks like they will be upping that side of the show quite a bit on this version... Sort of like DL's World of Color only projected on the castle instead of an expensive fountain.... Hope I'm wrong... but I doubt it.

Disney-Trains

Let's give Disney a little credit here... They built a whole new launch site at DHS for fireworks. They could have done the entire Star Wars show with projections and roof top pyro and saved a ton of money.

I'm expecting something similar to Star Wars and Prep and Landing. Full moments of full on fireworks show, but also lots of moments of projection show taking center stage.

Let's also remember Wishes is a MUCH cheaper show than Fantasy, which was the previous regular fireworks show. Wishes, compared to Fantasy, has a lot more down time and slow moments while Jiminy Cricket talks and such.

jrhwdw

Let's give Disney a little credit here... They built a whole new launch site at DHS for fireworks. They could have done the entire Star Wars show with projections and roof top pyro and saved a ton of money.

I'm expecting something similar to Star Wars and Prep and Landing. Full moments of full on fireworks show, but also lots of moments of projection show taking center stage.

Let's also remember Wishes is a MUCH cheaper show than Fantasy, which was the previous regular fireworks show. Wishes, compared to Fantasy, has a lot more down time and slow moments while Jiminy Cricket talks and such.
Are you sure? Wishes is 12 minute, Fantasy was 7min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom