• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

jrhwdw

HEA doesn't need the Dreamlights to enhance the finale because the finale is already FLAWLESS! Wishes needed them because it had a snooze-fest finale and the lights added the extra umph! People need to get over Wishes, I am so sick of hearing about it.
I don't think Wishes had a snooze fest finale from Jan-Oct, but I do know Wishes' Castle Dream Lights Finale was the most stunning thing I've seen in any park! I love the strobes in Holiday Wishes' finale also! If the lights came on for the post show, it would be better. HEA's finale is fantastic don't get me wrong.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When it comes to real world situations, I welcome variant opinions. But when it comes to things like Disney nighttime spectaculars, I will not entertain the variant opinions especially if they are of the mindset that a tired old show from 2003 is better than a technological tour de force from 2017.
I think you've made your opinion and mindset clear.

Especially with comments like this:

"AJH219: Like how downright STUPID do you have to be to have the audacity to criticize Happily Ever After? What kind of idiot does that?"

Conversely, narrow mindedness can be seen as idiotic.

Last edited:

Disney4family

Each to their own remember?

Many find HEA to be too much in your face at times too.
Thank you.
I was going to respond, but you said it best.

I teach my own kids and my students to value and validate everyone's opinions, whether or not you share the same opinions.

I can never "get over" Wishes. It will always hold such a special place in my heart. I don't need to explain why I believe it's better for me than HEA, it just is. I don't need to convince anyone why I prefer Wishes to HEA. I could tell you how my children grew up with it and how it's such a huge part of their WDW experience. I could tell you my memories of standing next to my father, who has since passed on, with tears in our eyes when it was over one year. I could go on with many, many magical moments, feelings, emotions and memories. But I don't have to. They're mine & they're a part of my WDW experience, just like the magic and awe and wonder of HEA is for others today. I'm okay with that. I've walked through the HUB during HEA. I've seen it in person.

I guess my WDW mindset is for an old, tired show from 2003. I guess I'm just not into a technological tour de force from 2017. That's for this experience. I'll take each new one as they come.

Some new experiences at WDW are better than what they've replaced - others aren't.

Thank you, Martin.
I don't need people telling me my feelings are wrong.
WDW is big enough for multiple opinions about multiple things. My pleasure there is derived from the past and present & just like many others, I can't wait for the future as well.

Jones14

Thank you.
I was going to respond, but you said it best.

I teach my own kids and my students to value and validate everyone's opinions, whether or not you share the same opinions.

I can never "get over" Wishes. It will always hold such a special place in my heart. I don't need to explain why I believe it's better for me than HEA, it just is. I don't need to convince anyone why I prefer Wishes to HEA. I could tell you how my children grew up with it and how it's such a huge part of their WDW experience. I could tell you my memories of standing next to my father, who has since passed on, with tears in our eyes when it was over one year. I could go on with many, many magical moments, feelings, emotions and memories. But I don't have to. They're mine & they're a part of my WDW experience, just like the magic and awe and wonder of HEA is for others today. I'm okay with that. I've walked through the HUB during HEA. I've seen it in person.

I guess my WDW mindset is for an old, tired show from 2003. I guess I'm just not into a technological tour de force from 2017. That's for this experience. I'll take each new one as they come.

Some new experiences at WDW are better than what they've replaced - others aren't.

Thank you, Martin.
I don't need people telling me my feelings are wrong.
WDW is big enough for multiple opinions about multiple things. My pleasure there is derived from the past and present & just like many others, I can't wait for the future as well.
YEP. YEP. And I’m in the HEA > Wishes camp, so it’s not like it’s just the Wishes fans who feel this way. Belittling someone for their opinion on something as trivial as a theme park show is immature and unnecessary. Healthy debate is fine, but are we in the 5th grade with the personal attacks?

Jeremy P

I realize not everyone shares the same opinion but after paying a premium for party tickets, I felt a little ripped off getting the old fireworks show when I had seen the amazing HEA just a few days earlier. I loved Wishes but I feel like if you create a technologically advanced show that hasn't been poorly rated and then charge people a premium to treat them to an inferior nighttime show, it seems a little wrong to me.

And when I say inferior, that's based purely on facts of technology and execution.

21stamps

I like HEA, but isn’t it supposed to just be a stopgap between now and the 50th?
Don’t get too attached. I am surprised, however that they didn’t debut new holiday shows.

I haven’t seen HEA.. so I can’t personally give an opinion on it.

I’m also surprised with Holiday Wishes staying., I kept hoping that a new show would roll out for the parties.

No Name

I do think Happily Ever After is the best fireworks show to ever play at Magic Kingdom, and I don't readily praise things. I agree they should've readied holiday versions for this year instead of playing the holiday Wishes.

I like HEA, but isn’t it supposed to just be a stopgap between now and the 50th?
Don’t get too attached. I am surprised, however that they didn’t debut new holiday shows.

Someone said they've reconsidered.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

From the Rumor Tracker under 50th Anniversary...
  • there will be an eventual replacement for "Happily Ever After" (which replaced "Wishes")
  • although... there may be rumblings that since HEA was so well received, they might just update and upgrade it instead of a brand new show. [here]

Which points to...
Received a suggestion today that HEA is so popular that there are discussions of a "Happily Ever After: Celebrate!" update for the 50th (of course the name could change) in lieu of a brand new show. There would be tech upgrades as in World of Color: Celebrate.

Will have to watch closely how this story comes alive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom