• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

becca_

It is very very good and we viewed it from the Tomorrowland bridge as the park was on fire.

The projections I feel did enhance the show, but the downside to that is more people will crowd in the hub now, but it's not too bad since the fireworks are comparable to Wishes so it can be viewed from everywhere.

Yeah, I was in the hub (behind Partners statue one night, in front of it the other) and it felt VERY crowded especially because one night was a Saturday/Memorial Day weekend. I don't know if I would want to miss the projections though unless I had seen it multiple times already because they obviously are a large part of the show.

Daveeeeed

Yeah, I was in the hub (behind Partners statue one night, in front of it the other) and it felt VERY crowded especially because one night was a Saturday/Memorial Day weekend. I don't know if I would want to miss the projections though unless I had seen it multiple times already because they obviously are a large part of the show.
Very true. I noticed the crowding issue at Disneyland Paris' Disney Dreams last year, so that was my biggest fear for Happily Ever After. Thankfully it delivers and after the first few times it's not necessary to be at the front for Happily Ever After since the spotlights benefit 360 vs. Paris' fountains just in front. Also tons of more pyro.

It's a fantastic show either way... different than Wishes but equally satisfying.

Belpois2712

On a rainy day, such as yesterday when I was in the park, the view was perfect as many of the people left. The show was delayed until 11 and due to that, the crowds went down drastically.

Razgriz

Only part I didn't like is the section with Pirates of the Caribbean, it is a bit of a mess visually.
Honestly wish there was more stuff like Aladdin fighting Jafar, that looks really cool and interesting.

Colter

Does anyone happen to know how the new show looks from The Polynesian. I know the face that you could view Wishes was a highly touted perk of staying at seven seas side resort and was just wondering how this new show translates into that.

JS514

Does anyone happen to know how the new show looks from The Polynesian. I know the face that you could view Wishes was a highly touted perk of staying at seven seas side resort and was just wondering how this new show translates into that.

I watched the show from 'Ohana one night and it was great viewing. Obviously cant really see projections, but pyro and lights were highly visible and visually pleasing from where we were. Of course, I can't really speak for the rest of the resort, but I'd imagine it would be great from any unobstructed viewpoint of MK.

jrhwdw

Just like all Magic Kingdom fireworks show, the view outside the park is exceptional! A friend and I watched it from atop the Coca-Cola store Monday night and thought that was a great vantage point.
Too bad HEA is not piped in outside of MK resorts and TTC.

COProgressFan

It's not actually piped. It's stored locally and triggered by timecode transmission.

You learn something every day.

My memory may be failing me, but I remember back in the 80's/early 90's the music seemed louder at the Poly beach, and not just the area by the boat dock, which I believe is the only place to hear it now. Could be my mind playing tricks, I was a kid, but I always thought they had speakers on the island across from the Poly on the lagoon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You learn something every day.

My memory may be failing me, but I remember back in the 80's/early 90's the music seemed louder at the Poly beach, and not just the area by the boat dock, which I believe is the only place to hear it now. Could be my mind playing tricks, I was a kid, but I always thought they had speakers on the island across from the Poly on the lagoon.
That they did, but only for one week in 1976.

TTA94

Of course a brand new Christmas show this year would be nice but I sure wouldnt mind if they brought in WoCs Winter Dreams, or rather DLPs Disney Dreams of Christmas. Great show with a awesome soundtrack! They could incorporate the castle dreamlights into the show as well!

jrhwdw

Of course a brand new Christmas show this year would be nice but I sure wouldnt mind if they brought in WoCs Winter Dreams, or rather DLPs Disney Dreams of Christmas. Great show with a awesome soundtrack! They could incorporate the castle dreamlights into the show as well!
Wasn't it confirmed by DPB that the Holiday shows were going on as planned this year? Of course that could change. I'm a little surprised that Celebrate America is not scheduled yet.

TTA94

Wasn't it confirmed by DPB that the Holiday shows were going on as planned this year? Of course that could change. I'm a little surprised that Celebrate America is not scheduled yet.

It would be a shame if we don't see Something new for Halloween and or Christmas this year.

jrhwdw

It would be a shame if we don't see Something new for Halloween and or Christmas this year.
On one hand, I'm guessing HEA's tools will go into Hallo an Holiday (maybe even Celebrate America and Fantasy NYE?) Though, I'm hoping Holiday Wishes doesn't use too much Projections. The Castle Dream Lights Strobes are stunning during that show!
On the other hand it took 2 years after Wishes debuted for Hallo and Holiday so who knows?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The stage shows for both are relatively new. They're tweaking the parades each year, and the treats. New pins and desserts and Sorcerer cards and M&Gs.

It's unlikely that there will be a new fireworks this year for either in the vein of HEA. That work would have had to already start earlier this year.

Wonder what they'll do about a projection show... the old Celebrate with the holiday tags, something new? Or nothing at all?

TTA94

The stage shows for both are relatively new. They're tweaking the parades each year, and the treats. New pins and desserts and Sorcerer cards and M&Gs.

It's unlikely that there will be a new fireworks this year for either in the vein of HEA. That work would have had to already start earlier this year.

Wonder what they'll do about a projection show... the old Celebrate with the holiday tags, something new? Or nothing at all?

I'm anxiously awaiting them to replace Boo To You, or at least the soundtrack :rolleyes: surely TDL has enough Halloween parade soundtracks WDW could reuse lol.

Hopefully they at least use HEAs lighting package in Hallowishes and Holiday Wishes.

Ag11gani

I'm anxiously awaiting them to replace Boo To You, or at least the soundtrack :rolleyes: surely TDL has enough Halloween parade soundtracks WDW could reuse lol.

Hopefully they at least use HEAs lighting package in Hallowishes and Holiday Wishes.

Replace the parade but not the music, I personally love the soundtrack to Boo To You.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom