Wishes replacement

Jose

Original Poster
I've heard rumors that a new project is being developed with the idea of replacing Wishes.. did u know that?

James122

I think it's definitly time for Wishes to go. It's a fine show but come on, it's been ten years already!

I'm actually surprised they haven't better utilized the projection technology in Wishes, similar to Disney Dreams. They already do a castle projection show, so you would think it would be a no brainer to integrate projections into Wishes.

Horizons1

I think it's definitly time for Wishes to go. It's a fine show but come on, it's been ten years already!

I'm actually surprised they haven't better utilized the projection technology in Wishes, similar to Disney Dreams. They already do a castle projection show, so you would think it would be a no brainer to integrate projections into Wishes.

Tell that to Reflections of Earth.

James122

Just from a technical standpoint, there's no way that a fountain show like WOC could be done in World Showcase Lagoon. The entire lagoon would have to be drained in order to install the piping for the fountains as well as the water filtration system that keeps gunk and stuff from collecting on the fountains. Paradise Bay at DCA is a lot smaller than World Showcase Lagoon and is also a concrete lined man-made body of water, which allowed it to be easily drained.

Even if the lagoon could be drained, that would mean that walls would have to be put up all around the World Showcase, which would spoil the gorgeous views. It would also mean the end of the boats that crisscross the lagoon. I wouldn't mind some new show that utilizes elements from World of Color, I just don't think that a full-blown World of Color type show could be done at Epcot.

rodserling27

Part of me wants to agree that Wishes is getting old, but then there's that part of me that still loves seeing the 40+ year old Main Street Electrical Parade every night. Go figure.

At minimum, Wishes needs to be refreshed, I think we can all agree on that. How hard can it be to update a fireworks show? I'd like to see something themed to the MK, similar to DL's 50th show, but at the same time keep the same theme as Wishes - does that make sense? I like the idea of "wish upon a star" and all that, but it needs a little more than the same scenes/music it's had for years now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom