Wishes/Parade

natolij02

Original Poster
I really am not trying to be niave/dumb with this question but.......can someone explain why you need fast passes for wishes or the electrical parade? Does it allow you a specific spot to stand? What happened to the days you just picked a spot, parked your butt and waited for the spectacular shows? I just don't understand why a fastpass is needed.......please explain!

mouse_luv

I really am not trying to be niave/dumb with this question but.......can someone explain why you need fast passes for wishes or the electrical parade? Does it allow you a specific spot to stand? What happened to the days you just picked a spot, parked your butt and waited for the spectacular shows? I just don't understand why a fastpass is needed.......please explain!

Exactly what the PP said. Also, I would never waste a FP on a parade or fireworks viewing area. I'd rather use it for rides, and not have to wait and possibly waste the idea of getting my 4th one at a kiosk since you can't get the poss 4th FP until you've used all 3 up. So, if you are waiting possibly all day for fireworks FP to be redeemed then you may or may not be able to get/use the 4th one (depends if there is EMH at night or not). I will never understand why people do it.

docdebbi

to be honest, we prefer watching Wishes from fantasyland. the kids LOVE having the fireworks shoot off basically right over their heads.
If you have never seen it before, you should probably see if from Main Street to see the choreography as designed to be seen, but if you are not a first-timer- try Fantasyland.

I agree, I would NOT waste a valuable FP on this. too easy to see from places other than Main Street.

BTW- we did use a FP once for the three o'clock parade as it was our fourth day at the park and really had some to throw around- there was no shade, the ground was hot as Hades, and it was crowded. I will however grant you that the viewing spot is great for seeing it, we sat right where the parade turns the corner, so saw it coming directly at us, then from sideways as most people see it. It was an interesting perspective on it, and great for pictures.

mousehockey37

Disney created this idea because there are people out there that don't want to have to plan or wait. It's easier for them to click a little button and say that "I want a FP for fireworks". This is both good and bad. Good in the sense that Disney knows, these foolish people aren't going to be getting any extra FP+'s for that day, remember, you have to use up your primary 3, then you can get a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc by going to a kiosk. This is bad in a sense that people "think" they're getting a one up on others, but like PP's have said, you just get crammed in with other "like minded" individuals... If there's a guy who is 6'7" in front and you have your kid and are behind him... you just wasted a FP.

Also, especially for EPCOT, factor in the wind. There's a lot of times where the smoke is going right into the viewing area. Not exactly magical.

I'll never get a fireworks or parade viewing pass, I'd rather park myself where I want to sit early, relax and enjoy the music and whatnot and have the ability to change if the wind direction changes. Also, it'll keep FP+'s open for me and my party when we want to go on more rides during the day using FP+.

BJones82

I'd rather park myself where I want to sit early, relax and enjoy the music and whatnot and have the ability to change if the wind direction changes

I agree with this, we love ourselves some people watching at the end of a day though I try to stick to benches when waiting for the fireworks or parades otherwise we don't wait, I'm not big on sitting on a curb or sidewalk to wait lol...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I've been there so many times that I have a secret spot that most people assume is off limits and there's a nice ledge to sit on. And when I say the spot is always empty I mean the first few times thought for sure I was going to get evicted from my viewing spot. As for wishes I live watching from liberty square, there's also some childhood memories at the viewing spot.

12_Ears_Dad

This really has me rethinking my FP for the Electric Parade. I thought it would be cool to have a good place to watch and not have to wait a long time ahead because we have small children...

DizneyPryncess

This really has me rethinking my FP for the Electric Parade. I thought it would be cool to have a good place to watch and not have to wait a long time ahead because we have small children...

When my daughter was 2.5, we used a FP on MSEP and had no regrets. It was just like you said - great to have a good place to watch without a long wait. I'd never waited for the front row of the parade before, and waiting for a long time at her age would have been tough. So we went ahead and used it, and she absolutely loved it. We did have 2 days at MK, and only used it for one of the days. :)

12_Ears_Dad

Past Visits: WDW - 83, 84, 92 (BC), 94 (Poly) , 01, 02, 04, 06, 07 (Off Site, Orange Lake), 08 (Honeymoon, Poly), 09 (BWV), 10 (POFQ), 11 (BC), 12 (WL), 13 (BWV), 14 (POR)

That's a lot of Disney, @DizneyPryncess Thank you for your viewpoint on the parade. So the crowds weren't a problem in the fp area?

DizneyPryncess

Past Visits: WDW - 83, 84, 92 (BC), 94 (Poly) , 01, 02, 04, 06, 07 (Off Site, Orange Lake), 08 (Honeymoon, Poly), 09 (BWV), 10 (POFQ), 11 (BC), 12 (WL), 13 (BWV), 14 (POR)

That's a lot of Disney, @DizneyPryncess Thank you for your viewpoint on the parade. So the crowds weren't a problem in the fp area?

No, but this was when the viewing was in front of the castle hub. Crowds were not bad at all the night we were there in general (early May). It's been moved now, so I don't know what the crowds are like at that location. We sat on the curb in front of the castle for a short time before the parade, but not too long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom