Wishes no longer a FP option?

alissafalco

Original Poster
For my trip this upcoming April Wishes was not listed in the line up for FP for any of the days I will be there. I called Disney and they said as of April 19th Wishes will no longer be a FP option. I wonder why? Does anyone have any info on this or have they heard this as well?

brent2124

For my trip this upcoming April Wishes was not listed in the line up for FP for any of the days I will be there. I called Disney and they said as of April 19th Wishes will no longer be a FP option. I wonder why? Does anyone have any info on this or have they heard this as well?
Budget Cuts. They don't have to staff cast members to scan bands and get non FP+ guests out.

YodaMan

Good. Fastpass for theatres/fireworks/parades have always kinda been a waste across the board. What a fast pass entitles you to for each location is never properly communicated and is an unnecessary waste of staffing to make happen. The only real question is the April 19th date, which is the current expected date for Rivers of Light to open. Want to bet that show opens without Fastpass and in the process they remove Fastpass at all nighttimes spectaculars beginning on that date?

Jon81uk

I would expect FP to continue for the other parks night time shows as they have fewer attractions with FP anyway.

I also expect Rivers of Light to be almost exclusively FP as seating is limited. It will be similar to World of Colour.

But Magic Kingdom has enough other attractions so one less with FP won't harm the overall FP line up and they can save on staff costs at MK that they need to spend at DAK.

This is the sort of budget cut that makes reasonable sense. During the much busier season when a Wishes FP would be more useful they can bring them back. During the slower season makes more sense to have the cast working on other things. Also the amount of cast needed for RoL isn't yet known so once that has been running for a few months they can schedule better.

hopemax

Is this part of cuts or because it just isn't necessary or something else?

It might be a guest satisfaction thing too. I know, I know :) But I have seen people complaining that holding one of these means that they can't get a 4th Fastpass and that's frustrating. And people have been complaining how full the viewing areas have been, and they would have been better off just getting a seat somewhere else.

I might call it a labor cut, they felt might not get too much negative reaction.

YodaMan

It might be a guest satisfaction thing too. I know, I know :) But I have seen people complaining that holding one of these means that they can't get a 4th Fastpass and that's frustrating. And people have been complaining how full the viewing areas have been, and they would have been better off just getting a seat somewhere else.

I might call it a labor cut, they felt might not get too much negative reaction.

Agreed. It sounds directly related to budget cuts. But it really is the kind of thing that probably should be done. Like you said, booking any nighttime spectacular in advance means you basically never get a 4th fast pass. And unless you go to a kiosk in person most people will never realize that when booking their vacation online in advance. And when the location isn't exactly a premium and is just as crowded as everywhere else, so so many guests feel like they wasted a Fastpass. And that was honestly probably the point in the first place (encourage guests to waste a Fastpass on something for which they never need one to leave more Fastpass options for the other guests that know better), but I feel like guest dissatisfaction is probably higher than they expected and honestly they can just solve the problem by going back to the way it was and removing Fastpass for things like this.

And while it sounds like Fantasmic isn't part of this change, it really should be considering all the reasons listed above.

alissafalco

Original Poster
It might not mean much to some of you but it seems like it meant something to the OP. I am always astonished that people think the parks should be operated just for them.......to their own needs and likes. Maybe to the OP its important for her to get a FP for wishes.
It's really not important, I was just wondering why. It seemed odd that it was no longer being offered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom