Wishes Dessert Party?

mwlillie

How often do the dates for this event get updated? I've been trying to get a reservation for over 2 months for November but the available data have never extended past the end of this September.

Thanks in advance for any help

CAPTAIN HOOK

Thanks in advance for any help
We found that with the dates for last August. There were rumours that it was ending, rumours that the dates were being released on such-a-date etc etc.
By chance I found that dates were available and it had changed its name from Tomorrowland Dessert to Wishes Dessert.

All I can say is, be patient and keep checking the ADR website

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This is normal as the desert party is often not released at the 180 mark and can be as late as 120 days out etc ESP during the fall when the MVMCP and MNSSHP are happening. Just be patient they will release them soon. :)

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

My two cents is, the dessert party isn't worth it. Did it last December with my sister and niece. Seating was outside under a covered area, and to see the fireworks everyone had to leave the tables and crowd up against the fence when the time came

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I was curious, if the wishes dessert cruise worth the money?

I think so you even get a specisl pin for each person that can only be obtained by going on the Ferrytale Desert Cruise. I think all the desert parties are worth doing at least once at all the parks that offer them. ;)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

My two cents is, the dessert party isn't worth it. Did it last December with my sister and niece. Seating was outside under a covered area, and to see the fireworks everyone had to leave the tables and crowd up against the fence when the time came

To clarify its not a fence it's a railing/concrete half wall that you can get a great view of the show. Lol ;)

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

What's not to like ?

You're in a reserved, covered area. There is unlimited food, drink and desserts, AND you're not crushed and have an elevated view unlike on Main Street. A two deep crowd against a fence is hardly an inconvenience
I just thought it would have been nice to be able to sit at the tables and see the show properly.

To each his own. If you like it I have no problem with that. If it remains in the same location I wouldn't do it again.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

just thought it would have been nice to be able to sit at the tables and see the show properly.
Unfortunately, that's the issue - if you're seated away from the wall, near the entrance or the dessert trolleys, you can't see the fireworks properly without going to the wall as the view is obscured by the canopy

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Unfortunately, that's the issue - if you're seated away from the wall, near the entrance or the dessert trolleys, you can't see the fireworks properly without going to the wall as the view is obscured by the canopy

Believe me, that was the only issue I had. The location of he seating area was nice, and the selection of food and drink was good as well. I was just disappointed with having to slide chairs over and sit by the wall and have to leave the tables.

Upvote 0

Mandy M.

Are the tables assigned or first come, first serve? Park hopping over from Epcot that day so may not make it extra early. Tinker bell is till flying, I assume? Oh yeah, what if it rains?

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Are the tables assigned or first come, first serve? Park hopping over from Epcot that day so may not make it extra early. Tinker bell is till flying, I assume? Oh yeah, what if it rains?
As I recall, it was first come, first serve. A line does form before the appointed seating time. My niece was in a wheelchair, so we were fortunate to get seated at a table closest to the railing.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

the party changed it's entire format in February of this year. you used to be able to stand up against the railing at show time, and tables were reserved so there was no need to stand in a long line- wasting time- to get a good seat.
As of February (and yes I have been there both before and after the change), it is first come first served for seating, so a very long line develops before the party to get "good seats".
Also you may no longer stand up against the rail to see the fireworks, so getting there early and getting a good seat is important. the tables have all been moved closer together and closer to the rail so more people can see, but all the tables in the back third have obscured views and you cannot stand up at the rail to see. We watched 2 families ask for their money back and leave

So while I use to say that I enjoyed the party, we will not be back. Usually when someone doubles the price of something, they improve it, not make it less valuable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bsiev1977

the party changed it's entire format in February of this year. you used to be able to stand up against the railing at show time, and tables were reserved so there was no need to stand in a long line- wasting time- to get a good seat.
As of February (and yes I have been there both before and after the change), it is first come first served for seating, so a very long line develops before the party to get "good seats".
Also you may no longer stand up against the rail to see the fireworks, so getting there early and getting a good seat is important. the table have all been moved closer together and closer to the rail so more people can see, but all the tables in the back third have obscured views and you cannot stand up at the rail to see. We watched 2 families ask for their money back and leave

So while I use to say that I enjoyed the party, we will not be back. Usually when someone doubles the price of something, they improve it, not make it less valuable.
If that's how the seating is dealt with now I definitely wouldn't do it again

Upvote 0

Melanie415

I have been trying to book a dessert party online for October with no availability showing past September. I came across this post at another forum:

"'I just called today and booked a Dessert Party for 10/1/2016 (a non-party night). They quoted me two prices to choose from when reserving - $79.00 for viewing from Tomorrowland Terrace, and $59 for viewing from the old FP+ location. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing, or exactly when the shift will take place, but it looks like that area will be off limits once again at some point; this time for anyone who chooses that option at the time of reservation. Price changes/options may explain the delay."

I called and booked for 10/17. The CM told me it was reserved seating but who knows if it really is...I'm just glad I could reserve it without having to check back everyday waiting for it to show up online. I may or may not cancel it when more info. comes out.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Also you may no longer stand up against the rail to see the fireworks, so getting there early and getting a good seat is important. the tables have all been moved closer together and closer to the rail so more people can see, but all the tables in the back third have obscured views and you cannot stand up at the rail to see. We watched 2 families ask for their money back and leave

That is awful. They have completely ruined this then.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

I have been trying to book a dessert party online for October with no availability showing past September. I came across this post at another forum:

"'I just called today and booked a Dessert Party for 10/1/2016 (a non-party night). They quoted me two prices to choose from when reserving - $79.00 for viewing from Tomorrowland Terrace, and $59 for viewing from the old FP+ location. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing, or exactly when the shift will take place, but it looks like that area will be off limits once again at some point; this time for anyone who chooses that option at the time of reservation. Price changes/options may explain the delay."

I called and booked for 10/17. The CM told me it was reserved seating but who knows if it really is...I'm just glad I could reserve it without having to check back everyday waiting for it to show up online. I may or may not cancel it when more info. comes out.

two things- first, I also called before going since I had read about the change online and wasn't sure if it was true. the CM assured me that "there have been no changes made to the party", and that is is reserved seating. I assume "reserved seating" to them means not walk-up, not asisgned tables.

second, I find the two different selections that you were offered interesting. It was announced a few months ago that there would be a change in that you could reserve the normal party at Tomorrowland Terrace OR you could do walk-up, day of the party and then eat your desserts in Tomorrowland Terrace and walk over to view the fireworks from the old FP location. There was a thread on this site about it. But the FP section was supposed to be for day of reservations, not just two different levels of ADR, wonder if the CM got it wrong, or it has changed already????

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

two things- first, I also called before going since I had read about the change online and wasn't sure if it was true. the CM assured me that "there have been no changes made to the party", and that is is reserved seating. I assume "reserved seating" to them means not walk-up, not asisgned tables.

second, I find the two different selections that you were offered interesting. It was announced a few months ago that there would be a change in that you could reserve the normal party at Tomorrowland Terrace OR you could do walk-up, day of the party and then eat your desserts in Tomorrowland Terrace and walk over to view the fireworks from the old FP location. There was a thread on this site about it. But the FP section was supposed to be for day of reservations, not just two different levels of ADR, wonder if the CM got it wrong, or it has changed already????
I would call again and ask very specific questions.

Are seats pre-assigned, or does "reserved" mean just having to buy the ticket ahead of time?
Can you move to the rail if you're seated on the terrace?

If you can't move to the rail while on the terrace, I feel it's a waste since you're likely to be seated in a place where you can't see the show

Upvote 0

docdebbi

I would call again and ask very specific questions.

Are seats pre-assigned, or does "reserved" mean just having to buy the ticket ahead of time?
Can you move to the rail if you're seated on the terrace?

If you can't move to the rail while on the terrace, I feel it's a waste since you're likely to be seated in a place where you can't see the show

i can assure you of these things, having just been there in April
seats are NOT preassigned as they used to be

you may NOT stand against the rail anywhere in the area, the tables have been moved directly up against the rail, there is no room, and when people from the back started moving around looking for rail space out at the edges, they were sent away by CM

and I agree, it is no longer a good place to view Wishes, unless you get there really early and get front tables.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom