Wishes at Disneyland Paris

themack618

Original Poster
I recently saw the video of Wishes from Disneyland Paris and I thought that it was awful. Only the French could screw Wishes up. Although the projections and lasers on the castle were cool, I thought that this show could have been done better. If you dont believe me, watch the video on the link below (the video is at the bottom of the webpage).

http://www.seasons.chrismedia.co.uk/wishes.html

sissa216

I actually think its pretty good!!
The graphics on the castle are definitely awesome....better than WDW.

As for the fireworks and the rest of the show itself, you can never capture the 'magic' of these shows on video.
It doesn't look to bad, but I'm sure its much better in person.

I don't really see how it was ruined? :veryconfu

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The French didn`t `screw it up` - DLP has strict rules about pyrotechnics imposed on it due to local hamlets (a bit like Anaheim, but the locals were definatley here first) Hence all pyro is quiet, and launched from the Fantasyland rooftops - nothing beyond the berm (unless its Bastille Day or Xmas/NYE).

Having seen it in person over 4 nights I can say it is a great show. It isn`t WDW`s version, but neither were the FitS` worldwide either. It really is a multimedia show, more akin to RoE in execution. Since you stand closer to the launch area than in WDW, and it`s a lot wider, facing a wall of fireworks less than 100ft away is something I`ve not seen experienced since the original SitS.

stitchcastle

Being a fan of the original 'Wishes', I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the limited version. I have to say though, that what fireworks they did have were amazing and by far surpasses the technology seen in both the original and Disneyland's Remember show. However, giving Paris a fireworks show as its big attraction was a mistake in the first place. Paris will never have a fireworks show as grand and amazing as the Disney shows we've come to love. It is just like what they did with Tokyo's Cinderellabration.

DLP, the most beautiful of all the Magic Kingdoms, will forever be limited by the constraints of its location.

Back to Wishes, the low level fireworks showcased in the show are amazing and are truly a marvel to look at but we will never be able to truly appreciate it knowing all the possibilities and effects left out.

It's like a baby born with no legs. There is nothing anyone could really do about it.

jaredliu

themack618 said:
I recently saw the video of Wishes from Disneyland Paris and I thought that it was awful. Only the French could screw Wishes up. Although the projections and lasers on the castle were cool, I thought that this show could have been done better. If you dont believe me, watch the video on the link below (the video is at the bottom of the webpage).

http://www.seasons.chrismedia.co.uk/wishes.html

I think this version is way better than the orignial wishes and it is even better than DL's new firework. Wishes in Magic Kingdom pales in comparasion to these two. Oh please, not everything in the MK is the best. I suggest you go see it personally before you make such a judemental comment. "Altough the projections and lasers on the castle were cool," ??? They are not just cool, they are by far the most amazing projections ever created by Disney!

SpaceMountainUK

jaredliu said:
"Altough the projections and lasers on the castle were cool," ??? They are not just cool, they are by far the most amazing projections ever created by Disney!

Have you seen Fantasmic and the projections on IASW in DL during their 'remember' fireworks show??

stitchcastle

jaredliu said:
I think this version is way better than the orignial wishes and it is even better than DL's new firework. Wishes in Magic Kingdom pales in comparasion to these two. Oh please, not everything in the MK is the best. I suggest you go see it personally before you make such a judemental comment. "Altough the projections and lasers on the castle were cool," ??? They are not just cool, they are by far the most amazing projections ever created by Disney!

The MK Wishes, even MGM's classic Sorcery in the Sky show are obviously way better than the Paris Wishes. And to say that it is better than "Remember" is just ludicrous.

"go see it first before making sucha judgemental comment" ???

back at you!

Mind you, the most amazing projections ever done by Disney can also be found in "Fantasmic!"; and DL's "Remember" as well as the various shows of Tokyo Disneyland [which by far trumps all the Magic Kingdoms when it comes to entertainment of any sort]

It's bad enough that Paris got a fireworks show when it is truly incapable of hosting such an event, it's even worse that you must blow it out of proportion by saying that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
stitchcastle said:
It's bad enough that Paris got a fireworks show when it is truly incapable of hosting such an event.

Oh come on, DLP is MORE than capable - look at NYE or Bastille Day Fireworks. It is red tape and burrocracy that holds back the shows in Paris (mainly noise regulations stipulated by the mayor of Marne le Valle) - and DLP`s Wishes was funded by DLC as part of the 50th. Underfunded? Blame TDA.

BTW; having seen DLP`s Wishes 4 times I can say it wasn`t as good as WDW`s. Or Remember. Or even the Paris FitS. Technically all the bits were there, it just never came together as it should have.

stitchcastle

marni1971 said:
Oh come on, DLP is MORE than capable - look at NYE or Bastille Day Fireworks. It is red tape and burrocracy that holds back the shows in Paris (mainly noise regulations stipulated by the mayor of Marne le Valle)

exactly, it's not capable of having big booming, knock your socks off pyro shows on a regular basis

WDWizard626

Martin2k5 said:
According to posts on dlp.info "Wishes" will not return to Disneyland Park next year.

Martin

Hey!:D

:animwink: Wishes wont come back to DLP? Why? I have seen the video many times and think it is great. The lasers and projections are great. And the video is not the same as the real thing, but I will see it in person this December in my Disneyland Paris trip. I think the show is great considering all the restrictions. So it is not really horrible!:lookaroun

:wave: This is my first post on WDW Magic.com! :sohappy:

Connor002

By the way, we were at DLP in the early summer 2004. I don't remember any show at the time, and the parks closed very early (8 or 9 pm, thats 20 or 21 for you Europens). Do any of you know the reasoning behind this?

SpaceMountainUK

WDWizard626 said:

Hey!:D

:animwink: Wishes wont come back to DLP? Why? I have seen the video many times and think it is great. The lasers and projections are great. And the video is not the same as the real thing, but I will see it in person this December in my Disneyland Paris trip. I think the show is great considering all the restrictions. So it is not really horrible!:lookaroun

:wave: This is my first post on WDW Magic.com! :sohappy:

Wishes will not be playing in dec at DLP. it was only for the summer season. There will be no fireworks for xmas, only on new years eve

WDWizard626

Nooo! Dont tell me that! I was looking foward to seeing it. Oh well, It did not seem to be as good as Magic Kingdom Wishes from the video. All it is is sparks flying, nothing huge. But will there still be Fantillusion? And when will Wishes end, what month/day ?

cherrynegra

Comparing the DLP version to the MK version is pointless!! MK is not burdoned with all the restrictions that DLP is which is why they're allowed to use the types of fireworks that makes MK's version spectacular. I think for the kind of show they designed to fit the very tight and strict parameters with which DLP operates, the Paris version of DLP is not bad. I think it would be best for our European friends to have a modified version of Wishes than none at all.

stitchcastle

Connor002 said:
By the way, we were at DLP in the early summer 2004. I don't remember any show at the time, and the parks closed very early (8 or 9 pm, thats 20 or 21 for you Europens). Do any of you know the reasoning behind this?

Because DLP is put on the worst location ever for a disney park. It has so many restrictions, it's almost laughable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom