Wine and Dine half question

SoupBone

Original Poster
We are planning this and there were some questions as to how you get to and from the race. We heard there were limited hotels that would provide transportation, but I can't seem to find anything on the site. This is for the October (Wine and Dine) Half marathon....thanks!

Phonedave

We are planning this and there were some questions as to how you get to and from the race. We heard there were limited hotels that would provide transportation, but I can't seem to find anything on the site. This is for the October (Wine and Dine) Half marathon....thanks!

I don't see anything announced for 2011 yet.

For 2010, race resorts were.

Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All Star Music Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Resort

Last year the race began at ESPN zone, but staging was at EPCOT if you were driving, or at a non-host resort. That meant you parked or took normal Disney transportation to EPCOT, where you would then catch a shuttle to the start line.

At the end of the race (in EPCOT) there was then buses back to the host resorts. If you were staying elsewhere, you had to find AT.

-dave

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Is it possible to get a cab after the face somehow? We've already booked pop century, and don't plan on changing.

Phonedave

Is it possible to get a cab after the face somehow? We've already booked pop century, and don't plan on changing.

Yep, there are cabs out by where the buses are.

If you really want to be sure, get the number of the cab company before you go. That way if there are none there and no CM's in the area, you can just call one.

-dave

dreamfinder

Keep in mind they only initially had half that many resorts listed. It started with Poly, Boardwalk, POFQ, and one of the All Stars. I assume due to demand they added the others. There is a chance the list will be different for 2011 once again. But they do definitely seem to favor All Stars over Pop for any race. I imagine it gives them more bang for their buck as they can use 1 bus for 3 resorts.

Definitely have the number for a cab company before you run. Trying to find a cab at 2 AM isn't going to be the easiest thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom