WindTraders is all out of Banshees in The Rookery (NO JOKE)

LithiumBill

My son wants one of these, even though my brain tells me it will break before we get home. He has been "researching" aka "YouTubing" constantly since he learned we are going to WDW...

Please tell me these are sturdy, and will not break in a day. (note: he has his own gift card to spend, so I am just looking out for the lad)

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They way they are designed as essentially a Puppet I would have thought they would be pretty durable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My son wants one of these, even though my brain tells me it will break before we get home. He has been "researching" aka "YouTubing" constantly since he learned we are going to WDW...

Please tell me these are sturdy, and will not break in a day. (note: he has his own gift card to spend, so I am just looking out for the lad)

Adults who know better feel compelled to buy one after the adrenaline rush of the ride. When the time comes, you're going to push your son to the ground for your own if there's just one left.

RSoxNo1

Hopefully not....avatars success is it's emersion and unique noin Disney look. So hopefully the merch lives and dies inside that land
I think some of the merch in the store is linked more to the movie than the land. They'll find a balance and rest assured that if something isn't selling, it will be out of there. For example, I doubt those Na'vi translators last too long.

RSoxNo1

Adults who know better feel compelled to buy one after the adrenaline rush of the ride. When the time comes, you're going to push your son to the ground for your own if there's just one left.
The figures are cool, and it's entirely possibly they evolve them down the line to something with more motion than a tension puppet.

Karakasa

One thing to point out to people is that at the time Avatar was still in theaters, there were reports of people feeling depressed and suicidal and, though I can't find anything of it now I definitely remember it in retrospect, attempting if not outright committing suicide due to being so caught up with Pandora and not wanting to live in a world where it wasn't real. The movie is still the best performing film ever... I personally think I underestimated its sway myself. But you know, as someone pointed out, Fox just never capitalized on the success- no merchandising to speak of, no spinoffs, nothing.

Regarding fandom, there was very much an Avatar fandom. For about a year after the movie came out, even, there were cosplays of it. Just not anymore. The fandom just died because it was just the movie, then nothing else. Fandoms outside of very hardcore cabals of fans can and do die if nothing is being put out officially- I'm seeing it happen with a Japanese franchise very dear to my heart (Sengoku Basara) before my very eyes, and I'm convinced unless Capcom puts out something big (a video game or anime series) of the series soon, it's just going to wither.

With that in mind I'm not really surprised to hear that the banshees are all sold out. While a lot of the film's success had to do with the 3D effects, I still think the world of Pandora itself is captivating to people. There was clearly a lot of thought put into it. And people just love fantasy worlds that feel like they could be real. Now that it, in a way, IS real, I could very easily see it being a draw for people to come to WDW beyond "hey, something new at WDW". Maybe not as big as Potter was or Galaxy's Edge will be, but a draw still. Moreso than probably Toy Story Land or a hypothetical Indiana Jones land.

Bacon

Sorry for the bump but my visit to pandora is almost here! :) I forgot to ask, How much is the pirch for the banshee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom