Windsor Hills

PrincessBelle

Original Poster
Ok...right forum this time. Anyone stayed in Windsor Hills? I would love to hear any thoughts or experiences. We are looking at a 6 bedroom villa for the 11 of us.

2excitedkids

we will be staying at windsor palms in a few weeks. to my knowledge these 2 are affiliated with each other. i went through www.vrbo.com and found a 3 bedroom condo for only 525 per week, no security deposit required just a credit card in case of damages and no cleaning fees!!! there are a lot of fees that you have to watch for because every rentor requires different things. the one we rented is owned by a man in tennessee, he has been very very nice. he subcontracts through a local rental company for check in and housekeeping, etc. but you book directly through him. a lot of people are apprehensive to do it this way, but we have used this site for beach rentals in the past with good success. just be careful if you rent a villa the pool heat can be through the roof as far as cost.

good luck!!

PrincessBelle

Original Poster
Well thats a positive review. :lol:

I have to say it just sounds so good. Especially for the price. We would have been looking at 4 hotel rooms for the 11 of us and would have been really restricted with little kids who would be in bed early. Here everyone has a bedroom, we have the freedom to move around our own house, plus all the bonus's that the complex offers.

PrincessBelle

Original Poster
that sounds like a good deal 2excitedkids.

We found one from the Windsor Hills site and are also looking at booking directly with the owner. Its 6 bedroom and the rate is normally $8000 for the 4weeks that we are staying. But because its a long booking, he has given us the rate of $6000 for the 4 weeks, including pool heating, taxes etc. no extras. When we divide it between all of us, it works out at $500 per week for my family. Just so cheap and will private pool and jacuzzi, games room, internet access and free telephone.

2excitedkids

the kitchen will come in handy for such a large group, split food costs also. the man we rented from required 30 days before trip to have everything paid. we paid half down after booking back in november. after a week we got an email from his letting us know that since that 30 days fell right at christmas he would give us longer to pay the balance. so, balance now is only due 15 days before check-in. that helped us out so much. kindness of a stranger is such a nice thing!!!!!!!!!!!

rlaeromech

We stayed there in October and will be there again this weekend. Unless I am at Fort Wilderness in an RV, I will be at Windsor Hills. You can beat the price for a larger size group. It is VERY Close and the houses are REALLY nice. The one I had was around $200 a night. And we had a group of 14. 3 familes to pay the $200 a night so it was only about $67 a night per family. Kitchen, large barthrooms, mulitple bathrooms, it all adds up and makes it hard to justify staying on grounds and I love the on-site hotels. The only thing they need to do is work out a deal for EMH and free parking. Like that'll ever happen. Definetly would recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom