Will you ride the water car at the Boathouse, for 100.$ ?

bethymouse

Crazy prices, but that's what I thought about Characters in Flight. My son and I did it once, and it was a neat experience. So... I may be willing to shell out 100$ to do it once if my boys ( age 10) are interested. Another signature restaurant huh? Sounds interesting.... On the dining plan? Can you make ADRs yet does anyone know? I wonder if they'll FP+ the boat ride? LOL.:D

copcarguyp71

There are tons of free boat rides to be had throughout the parks if I really feel the need to be on a boat I would hop on one for free...

If I felt the need to be in a small boat then I could have more fun for less money in the Sea Raycers @ $45 for 60 minutes.

Note: My thrifty tendencies tend to be in agreement with the voices in my heado_O

Frankie The Beer

Maybe. Unfortunately this might be one of those things where enough adult beverages get in the system someone could just say "screw it, lets do this" and whip out a credit card.

blueboxdoctor

Here are the details - http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-...g-set-for-the-boathouse-at-disney-springs.htm

"You may not have heard of them before, but they are cars that can operate on both land and water. The BOATHOUSE will be offering tours of the Village Lake in an amphicar for $100. The 20 minute cruise has seating for 3 guests, plus the boat captain - guests will not be able to drive themselves."

My kids were really interested in them. As a family of 4 we couldn't all ride.

The link seems to imply one of the cars will be the one featured on Fast and Loud, so that may be worth it right there. But in all seriousness probably not, I'd rather watch the guys on Top Gear try to get their amphicars working.

Siren

Okay, I totally admit to being just a tad excited about this. I wonder if the cars will sink in the water, like this one.

33mbcz6.jpg

This Mini Cooper version rides right on top of the water! It's really impressive, how the car stays elevated just above the water!

24c8mqs.jpg

2gv1s92.jpg

.....and when this happens they can call it a 'unique magical experience'

8581099.jpg
LOL. For me this would be a unique 'unmagical' experience, I mean disaster.

From today's NYDaily News: a 1966 Amphicar

View attachment 89205
It's classic & cute.

Forget the amphicars....I want to ride the Mickey Couch.
mickeycouchboat_zpsevgcbszf.jpg

Top-Gear-Jeremy-Clarkson-AP.jpg

POWER!!!!

Bring Back Clarkson.
LOL, these are hilarious!

betty rose

Original Poster
Okay, I totally admit to being just a tad excited about this. I wonder if the cars will sink in the water, like this one.

33mbcz6.jpg

This Mini Cooper version rides right on top of the water! It's really impressive, how the car stays elevated just above the water!

24c8mqs.jpg

2gv1s92.jpg

It's classic & cute.

betty rose

Original Poster
I love water to look at, these things might scare me....I'm not a good swimmer....and I'm afraid of that brain eating amoeba, in Disney....it's okay to call me chicken:D

lazyboy97o

33mbcz6.jpg

24c8mqs.jpg

2gv1s92.jpg

It's classic & cute.

Why would they bother to acquire actual Amphicars only to modify them to not sit in the water?

As cool as it is no. I can ride a boat for cheaper and longer, and ride in a car for free. If it was cheaper maybe, but for now if I had $100 to spend at Disney it would not go towards that.

seahawk7

There is no way I would ride in that boat even if it was paid for. I just read the restaurant review and they showed a video of the car going into the water. It rides too low in the water for my taste. They look like they will sink.

Siren

Why would they bother to acquire actual Amphicars only to modify them to not sit in the water?
Did you actually read my post? Or were you just being a 'lazy boy', lol. It was just a question, an inquiry into how low the cars actually sit in the water. I made no mention of Disney modifying anything. Ugh....

The youtube video below shows how low the cars sink into the water and it's pretty low. I still want to try it though, just once!

And, OMG! Just chill.

Maybe they'll have a "Coupon Day" or something... LOL
LOL. This is just too funny!

As an aside, I saw the menu for the Boathouse and the pictures and I can't wait to try this place. Bravo Disney!

Sean23

Maybe I want to check it out this weekend. It does sound a bit pricey not being able to take it out yourself like the mini speed boats but probably would sink it if I left it in car mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom