Will Wishes pay a visit for New Year's Eve?

s8film40

I'd respond but I'm really not understanding the second paragraph of your post.
I was saying I was impressed and accepted Wishes when it first started over Fantasy in the Sky due to the additional launch sites (there were 5 behind the castle). They very quickly scaled this back and to me this was the only advantage Wishes had over Fantasy in the Sky. Given the recent incarnation of Wishes and now the new HEA show I would personally prefer to see Fantasy in the Sky.

WDW Monorail

I was saying I was impressed and accepted Wishes when it first started over Fantasy in the Sky due to the additional launch sites (there were 5 behind the castle). They very quickly scaled this back and to me this was the only advantage Wishes had over Fantasy in the Sky. Given the recent incarnation of Wishes and now the new HEA show I would personally prefer to see Fantasy in the Sky.

I do not follow your post. With Wishes came 10 in-park sites, the same 10 in-park sites were used up to the last showing of Wishes in May 2017. There has only been one site outside the berm which was upgraded in preparation for Wishes in 2003 and was expanded about 9 years ago. The larger diameter shells were shot from the same location throughout the run of the show.

Of course there are the perimeter sites used for special shows and special events. These were only used for Wishes during the MVMCP in the days before Holiday Wishes debuted. Wishes has had perimeter fireworks a handful of other times as well for either private shows or special occasions such as the 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom park. Recently some of these sites have become semi-permanent along World Drive, North of the Contemporary Resort. The rest are on small trailers that are positioned when needed. One of them for the 360 degree shows is a small floating platform in 7SL.

s8film40

I do not follow your post. With Wishes came 10 in-park sites, the same 10 in-park sites were used up to the last showing of Wishes in May 2017. There has only been one site outside the berm which was upgraded in preparation for Wishes in 2003 and was expanded about 9 years ago. The larger diameter shells were shot from the same location throughout the run of the show.

Of course there are the perimeter sites used for special shows and special events. These were only used for Wishes during the MVMCP in the days before Holiday Wishes debuted. Wishes has had perimeter fireworks a handful of other times as well for either private shows or special occasions such as the 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom park. Recently some of these sites have become semi-permanent along World Drive, North of the Contemporary Resort. The rest are on small trailers that are positioned when needed. One of them for the 360 degree shows is a small floating platform in 7SL.
They had four additional sites they used the first weeks or more of Wishes, two on either side of the main one. You can see them in all the promotional materials from when Wishes first premiered. I still have an Eyes & Ears that shows them on the cover. It was kind of a semi-perimeter fireworks.

WDW Monorail

They had four additional sites they used the first weeks or more of Wishes, two on either side of the main one. You can see them in all the promotional materials from when Wishes first premiered. I still have an Eyes & Ears that shows them on the cover. It was kind of a semi-perimeter fireworks.

I assure you there never were any additional sites.

s8film40

Your eyes deceive you. That is not a real picture. Plenty of firework promotional materials include extra color and shells to fill the black sky.

Looking at that picture again, that's not even a real sequence in the show.
I used to watch the show almost every night, I worked there when it premiered.

s8film40

Then your memory is playing tricks on you.
Yeah okay, my memory is playing tricks on me, Disney photoshopped their promotional images and the conversations I had with my co-workers who also noticed the change never happened. I guess we'll just leave this in the agree to disagree category. In any case it's irrelevant to the point I was making is Fantasy in the Sky better than Wishes or HEA. I do hope they still keep it around for NYE or July 4th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom