Will Wishes pay a visit for New Year's Eve?

PortOrleans

Not sure. Though guests have fond memories of 'Wishes' it seems probable that 'Happily Ever After' would be used in the festivities as Disney invested a hefty amount into its creation.

JIMINYCR

Don't count on it coming back, even for a New Years celebration. Disney has decided to say goodbye and when Disney says goodbye, they don't change their minds because guests are sad its gone. Too much is invested in the new show. If we counted Mr Toad would still have a spot in MK.

saxamoophone

Considering it's 2017 and I'm watching 24, XFiles, Prison break, will & grace, Full(er) House and Girl Meets World on TV......

Fantasy was previously used for major holidays, so it makes sense, right?

rob0519

With the money spent on the replacement, there is nothing for Disney to gain financially from bringing back Wishes for one show. It's time to let it go. If anyone has seen it live in the first few days, do you have any idea what it looks like from Fantasyland in terms of projections on the castle? It was a good place to watch Wishes, but if there is no projection on the back it will push even more people into Main St.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
You never know because they do run 2 shows that night. Disneyland performed fantasy in the sky in the same night as forever not to mention couldn't launch Remember because it was occupied by forever. I have a feeling HEA wiped out Fantasy in the Sky's launch spot which might leave Wishes as the only option since it's still set up, on top of that there's no way there going to load up HEA twice in one night.

drizgirl

Don't they run Holiday Wishes that time of year? I know once the last party is held they typically change over to the holiday version.

Cmdr_Crimson

giphy.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
Don't count on it coming back, even for a New Years celebration. Disney has decided to say goodbye and when Disney says goodbye, they don't change their minds because guests are sad its gone. Too much is invested in the new show. If we counted Mr Toad would still have a spot in MK.

Tell that to Disneyland.... who continues to bring back old shows and especially for holiday shows.

Rolling out four new fireworks shows in this year is a tall order. We could see holloween, NYE, or Christmas go back to their prior shows

WDW Monorail

I mean July 4th.

Maybe 20 years ago it was but certainly not recently. Celebrate America - A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky has been displayed on July 3rd and 4th since 2008 and on select other days in 2013. Prior to that the show's working name was something along the line of Fantasy in the Sky but the display was nothing like it.

Do they still use Fantasy in the Sky for the special occasion shows? Fantasy in the Sky was much better than Wishes, I would much rather see that one occasionally.

Are you talking about Fantasy in the Sky prior to 2003 or the updated special show for New Year's Eve that's been showing since 2007?

s8film40

Are you talking about Fantasy in the Sky prior to 2003 or the updated special show for New Year's Eve that's been showing since 2007?
I'm talking about the special shows for NYE and 4th of July. It's typically the old Fantasy in the Sky show followed by a holiday portion with perimeter fireworks. It's been a while since I've gone into the park on one of those days though.

WDW Monorail

I'm talking about the special shows for NYE and 4th of July. It's typically the old Fantasy in the Sky show followed by a holiday portion with perimeter fireworks. It's been a while since I've gone into the park on one of those days though.

Fantasy in the Sky is not displayed on the 4th of July. The NYE version is vastly different than the nightly show version from the late 90s and early 2000s. Only the soundtrack is the same. The show is just over 7 minutes in length without the NYE tag. Could you imagine the uproar of the kooks on this site if the nightly show went from 12.5 minutes in length to 18 minutes in length back down to 7 minutes in length?

s8film40

Fantasy in the Sky is not displayed on the 4th of July. The NYE version is vastly different than the nightly show version from the late 90s and early 2000s. Only the soundtrack is the same. The show is just over 7 minutes in length without the NYE tag. Could you imagine the uproar of the kooks on this site if the nightly show went from 12.5 minutes in length to 18 minutes in length back down to 7 minutes in length?
I prefer the soundtrack from Fantasy in the Sky, so that's really all I was paying attention to. I'll take a good mix of classic Disney songs over these horrible Wishes & HEA custom songs any day!

I enjoyed Wishes when I first saw it because the fireworks were more spread out, then they very quickly pulled all the extra launch sites and it was essentially the same show with different music.

WDW Monorail

I prefer the soundtrack from Fantasy in the Sky, so that's really all I was paying attention to. I'll take a good mix of classic Disney songs over these horrible Wishes & HEA custom songs any day!

I enjoyed Wishes when I first saw it because the fireworks were more spread out, then they very quickly pulled all the extra launch sites and it was essentially the same show with different music.

I'd respond but I'm really not understanding the second paragraph of your post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom