Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Who knew you you could do character meals at universal too!
Wishing Brian a speedy recovery. And maybe we will be seeing another pre trip report soon!
They offer a couple at dinner and a couple at breakfast, but they are only offered on certain days of the week.
Probably no PTR anytime soon.:( I would love for it to happen, but we have so much going on right now! We went into this trip knowing it would probably be the last for awhile!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The character breakfast looks fun! It is somewhat odd to me that they include Simpsons characters at that type of meal considering that most of the audience at character meals are kids... who really shouldn't be watching The Simpsons. :hilarious:
Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny too! I was surprised when I saw them walk through the door because all of the pics I had seen and reviews I had read showed and talked about the Despicable Me characters (Minion, Gru, Agnes,etc) and the Hop characters. Oh well, it was fun!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I'm over here, just waiting for Pandora and Bon Voyage pictures... Don't mind me.:p

I never thought I'd want to visit Uni, but you've got me reconsidering my position..

Glad to hear that Brian is recovering well!
Pandora is relatively soon. Bon Voyage was the second to last day, so you may be waiting awhile!
I think everyone should try Uni at least once. I'm sure we'll be back at some point.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Monday, June 5
Today was our last day at Universal. You can check out via email, so we were up early, had the car loaded, and checked out in time to head to IOA for early entry.
Had to get one more pic of the fountain!

Then we made the walk over and in to IOA for the last time.

They route you through Seuss Landing on early entry days.

Then through The Lost Continent.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Owen decided he wanted to ride Pteranodon Flyers. He was the only one short enough, and he could only take one other taller person on with him, so he and Lily rode. Brian, Logan, and I explored the area. It is a really nice little place!

I wanted to go on just to see what the views were like, but the line was getting too long for the others to want to wait for us!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Logan and Lily decided they wanted to ride Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, so I took them on that while Brian took Owen to meet Spidey.

Then we made our way to Hulk for one last ride.

It was just before 11:00 when we exited, so we discussed what we wanted to do for lunch. Brian had really enjoyed our fish and chips at Three Broomsticks, and Lily really wanted to go back to Diagon Alley, so we decided to try Leaky Cauldron. We walked to the front of IOA, and used the side entrance by Blue Man Group to get in to Universal Studios.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

We again got several orders of fish and chips to share. I was the only one to get a Butterbeer this time though!

It was good, just not as good as Three Broomsticks! I think part of it was the atmosphere. I don't like that they told you where to sit and you were right on top of the people beside you!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thank you for the pics of the flyers
We have never been on because no one in my family ever made the height required
So your pics are the first I have ever seen of the ride or queue

Max
I understand that they restrict it because the ride is so short, but I think it would be a popular ride if they made an adult version of it! However, I like anything that will take me high enough to get a different perspective on the surrounding area!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom