Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We decided to end the night with a ride on The Jungle Cruise.

We had Skipper Maddie, and she was awesome! Every animal we saw liked to run through the jungle and/or chase you at 355 miles per hour! We got to the snake, and she asked if anyone knew what kind of snake it was. She gave us a hint by telling us it started with a p. Of course, everyone guessed python, but no, it was a plastic snake!! And lots more silliness where that came from!
Owen couldn't pass this up when he saw the sign:

Brian, or I guess I should say Brian's knee, was done for the night, so the kids and I did a quick walk through. Love the views though!

The line for the bus was still horrendous, but we eventually made it back! I love the carpet in the Lion King buildings!

For those of you still counting, this is day 5 of rain!

Matt and Kelly

Then it was time to head over and check in for the Happily Ever After dessert party!

They had a kids dessert kabob, and we got to keep the straws!

POG juice:

After getting our fill, we headed over to the garden viewing area. We picked a spot along the back railing so we could lean. The kids chose to camp out on the grass. We warned them that they would have to move once it started filling up, but it never got crowded enough that they had to move!

Some pics as it was getting darker:

I thought the dessert party was fantastic! We really enjoyed the treats, and the view from the garden was wonderful! It was so nice to not be standing right up behind and next to complete strangers! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who asks my opinion!!

I was just going to ask you what you thought about the dessert party! It's something we would like try but wasn't sure if it was worth spending the money with two kids.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I was just going to ask you what you thought about the dessert party! It's something we would like try but wasn't sure if it was worth spending the money with two kids.
I wouldn't pay for the terrace view, but I would definitely pay for the garden view again!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed the garden view/ dessert party!! We booked that for our trip in December because it's going to be super duper crowded and I didn't want to camp out for a spot for over an hour with my *almost* three year old. This makes me really excited!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed the garden view/ dessert party!! We booked that for our trip in December because it's going to be super duper crowded and I didn't want to camp out for a spot for over an hour with my *almost* three year old. This makes me really excited!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Wednesday, June 7

We let the kids sleep in a little this morning while we went and did a couple of loads of laundry. We then brought breakfast back to the room for them. Nothing too exciting, just some chocolate croissants, a cherry danish, a cinnamon roll, and a chocolate chocolate chip muffin. Unfortunately, I forgot to get pics because we were all so hungry!

Then we drove to our destination.

We checked in for our Beachcomber Shack and were led directly there before the park opened.
Some pics on the way:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Once the park opened, we headed straight for the new family raft ride, Miss Adventure Falls.

We enjoyed it, but not as much as Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach. That could be because we can all ride that one together!! I was so disappointed when they announced that Miss Adventure Falls was going to be 4 person rafts, as they had at first said 6 person rafts! At least they let us split up 3 and 2, and don't make the 2 people ride with strangers!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then hit Crush N Gusher since it was right there! We rode coconut crush first since you could go as a single rider on it.

Lily, Owen, Logan, and I then rode banana blaster, and Brian volunteered to ride coconut crusher again by himself.
I love that they can carry their own rafts now!!

Then one more time for Logan, Lily, Owen, and I to ride pineapple plunge. Brian decided to just wait for us at the bottom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom