Will i be able to have a "pool day" in December ?

MATEUS

Please help me with my question. Your answer can help me and everyone who plans to travel to Orlando at this time, to save money on hotel choice.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The answer is maybe. It depends on the weather at that time. I've been to Disneyworld in December when its been 70 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and other times when its been 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The Disney pools are all heated, but the water parks are not.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
It also depends upon where you live. Floridians tend to avoid going into a pool unless the temp is well above 80; Canadians, for example and as a group, think nothing of jumping into a heated pool if the temps are in the 60s. Before I moved to FL, I would have done the same.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

It also depends upon where you live. Floridians tend to avoid going into a pool unless the temp is well above 80; Canadians, for example and as a group, think nothing of jumping into a heated pool if the temps are in the 60s. Before I moved to FL, I would have done the same.
We've been staying in Southwest Florida for the past 3 weeks at my sister's home. The first time we went in the pool, the water was 86 degrees, which was too cold for my sister. Now with the heat wave we've had the pool has been 92 - 94 every day, and the thought of anything cooler makes me shiver. It's going to be a long cold summer when we go back home to RI tomorrow.:joyfull:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

It's FL and the weather is a rollercoaster at this time of year. It could be in the 40s or it could be in the 80s. Last time I was there at this time, you knew who the Floridians were. They were the ones in Mt Everest snow gear when it was 65 degrees. Everyone else was in shorts and flip flops. Unfortunately, you have to plan for everything at that time of year.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

As a midwesterner my son and husband went in the pool at 60 but I said no way! Even northerners don't always like the cold.

I've been to FL in December with temps in the 80s and then later that week they were in the 40s. Most of the time it would have been too cold for me, but I need it in the upper 80s to do so where the guys might have jumped.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom