Will Aquatica finally turn Orlando into a three resort town ?

culturenthrills

Original Poster
I find this interesting. Busch has stepped up with Aquatica and the eventual opening of the Marriott hotels. Orlando has not seen a waterpark like Aquatica. This is truly a a step above the Disney Waterparks and is an all day experience. I think this is great and can't wait to try it this spring.

coasterphil

It should end up being far and away the best waterpark in Orlando, but I'm not sure that will necessarily make SeaWorld a resort onto itself.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It should end up being far and away the best waterpark in Orlando, but I'm not sure that will necessarily make SeaWorld a resort onto itself.

It will be 2 parks and a waterpark, if you add a couple of hotels, then I'd possibly call it another "Resort"....

I guess it really depends on if people would plan to spend 2-3 days exclusively doing Sea World parks, then going to the Disney/Universal parks

sillykid

YES! But before I get :fork: I just want to say that Sea World is nothing like Disney. Disney themes are so strong and so amazing compared to anywhere. I do think that there is an audience for this though. And no doubt people are already booking vacations just for Sea World. It is a destination, and not just an extra day park. I think, as I have said before that these parks can be an amazing day, but in the end, they do not give that same Disne feel. I do enjoy animals and could care less for waterparks. It will be very interesting to see what else Busch will be able to do. Let's see what this new roller-coaster is first.

Pongo

No. Won't happen. It's going to be an awesome water park, but it won't turn Sea World into the next big resort.

TheBeatles

Disney and Universal will always be the main attractions.

If Universal is still affiliated with Wet N' Wild, then this could mean trouble for them.

Figment1986

Busch is working on making a bigger name for their parks... moving their corperate HQ for the entertaginent devision to orlando was one step, aquatica is another.. upgrading BGT over a series of many many years is another step...

They do predict an increase of attendence, Adding more seating to Shamu is a result..

Not to mention a small chunk of land blocked off being referbished for future use ;)

Mr.EPCOT

Orlando has not seen a waterpark like Aquatica. This is truly a a step above the Disney Waterparks and is an all day experience.
I'm sorry, but this is going to have to be one heck of a water park for it to be better than Typhoon Lagoon, or even Blizzard Beach. From what I've seen so far, and I'd like to think I've been following Aquatica's development pretty closely, it just isn't quite there. I can't wait to try it, too, and I'm sure it will be great, but it doesn't look like it will have the immersive theming that truly makes especially TL superb.

amandagibbins

Don't get me wrong because i love Disney but as i live in the uk a trip to Orlando just isnt the same if you don't stop off at Seaworld and Universal as well but i would rather stay at WDW but never say never

Minnesota

I need a raise at my job now for sure. This is a great idea for families like mine . We do Disney everyother year. It sounds like these 3 parks could be done in 3 days, kinda of a mini vacation. Which would fullfill my sea world need and not interfeer with me leaving Disney . That is if I can get over the fact of going to Florida and not to Disney.

bfbulldog

Simple answer is no. Sea World and Aquatica have never been, and still won't be anything more than a one to maybe a one and a half day visit at most. People don't base their vacation plans on visiting Sea World, or Universal. The main draw in Orlando is Disney, and to a much lesser extent maybe Universal, Sea World does not even enter the equation and this won't change with the addition of a water park.

Don't get me wrong I love going to Sea World and Universal now and then, but the fact is these parks should accept their roles and be content to cater to Disney's leftovers, because that's all they're ever going to have.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Simple answer is no. Sea World and Aquatica have never been, and still won't be anything more than a one to maybe a one and a half day visit at most. People don't base their vacation plans on visiting Sea World, or Universal. The main draw in Orlando is Disney, and to a much lesser extent maybe Universal, Sea World does not even enter the equation and this won't change with the addition of a water park.

Don't get me wrong I love going to Sea World and Universal now and then, but the fact is these parks should accept their roles and be content to cater to Disney's leftovers, because that's all they're ever going to have.

There's one park you're forgetting...Discovery Cove...and YES, people have and DO visit only Universal on their vacations (Shock, horror)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I find this interesting. Busch has stepped up with Aquatica and the eventual opening of the Marriott hotels. Orlando has not seen a waterpark like Aquatica. This is truly a a step above the Disney Waterparks and is an all day experience. I think this is great and can't wait to try it this spring.

Have you seen it in person? To me, in reality, it doesnt look anywhere near like Typhoon in terms of theming. There are large steel structures with little to no theming. Certainly looks nothing like the concept art. I expect it to have minimal impact on the water park situation in Orlando. It wont hurt Disney at all.

Sil

hello, i dont think it will turn into a 3 resort town, in a way i think international drive is more of a resort than universal, i love seaworld and universal but i think without disney they would not be anywhere near as popular as they are.

sillykid

So true that it may to you not be a 3 resort town. Though as I have said in other post SW is not looking for 33% of the pie. They are looking for anyone looking for a day away from the big boys. Make the parks better and people will come. I truely enjoy this place. It's big, blank and can be unthemed placed. But it's got Clyde and Seymore. Sorry WDW does not have them. And from pre-show on, this could be one of Orlando's funniest and cutest shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom