Pre-Trip Will 7 be our lucky number? Disney World 10/2-10/10

This will be our 7th trip to Disney. We started going in 2010 when our daughter was 3 years old. I had never been prior and I fell in love with it when she saw it the first time. This is our 5th trip as a family, but 7th trip for Lizzy and myself as we went June 2014 and April 2015 without DH/daddy.

I lost my job in March of this year. The good news is I was only unemployed for 2 months before finding a new, lower paying but better job with flexible hours, closer to my daughter's school and the work from home option! While unemployed I convinced my husband that we needed to take a Disney trip in October for my daughter’s fall break. I was feeling sad with nothing to look forward to and I was positive I would have a job by then plus my Disney fund was just about where it needed to be to pay for a trip so I plead my case. He gave me the okay and I started planning.

When it all started we were staying at POR from 10/3-10/10 and I was happy. We were planning to do eat out of pocket and do no dining plan. Then free dining came out. My agent tried everything to get me a reservation for this to no avail. I was ok with that! A week later she texted me at 10:30 pm on a Saturday saying that if I could move to Caribbean Beach in a Pirate room we could get the free dining. Plus we would have to move our flight one day earlier. I weighed the options by figuring how much we would spend out of pocket to eat would be more than upgrading to a pirate room and getting the free dining, we would be saving money, so why not. I hear the horror stories about how far the pirate rooms are from the food court, but in all honesty, we’ll live! We’d never stayed at this resort before and my daughter loved the looks of the pools so it was a done deal. Thankfully Southwest had a flight the night before at 5pm so we easily switched to that one. Who doesn’t like getting to the DME 12 hours earlier than originally planned?

The details:
Who:
Myself (43)
DH aka Grumpy (44)
DD – Lizzy

Additional Folks:
Grammy (age-she’d kill me if I told)
Dre (my sister)
Max (BIL)
Aidan (nephew)
will be joining us from 10/2-10/5

Where: Caribbean Beach – Pirate Room – 10/2-10/10

Why: Because I'm a nut and Disney is great! Plus, fall break for the kiddo from school so it's either find child care for a week, take a week off work and stay home or go to Disney. No brainer :)

I would love to have your comments on our plans, will you join me?

Up Next - Dining Reservations

Last edited:

Courtney6682

While unemployed I convinced my husband that we needed to take a Disney trip in October for my daughter’s fall break.

Atta girl! Sounds like something I would do lol...

We stayed at CB in 2013 and loved the main pool/food court area. FC had tons of choices and the TS Shutters wasn't bad. I wouldn't necessrily reccommend it with all the other great spots in WDW... but it was fine when me and my husband didn't feel like leaving the resort. He loved the bar area by the main pool. Lot's of peple knock the size of it...it IS huge...but the resort itself is pretty...all in all we would stay there again.

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Atta girl! Sounds like something I would do lol...

We stayed at CB in 2013 and loved the main pool/food court area. FC had tons of choices and the TS Shutters wasn't bad. I wouldn't necessrily reccommend it with all the other great spots in WDW... but it was fine when me and my husband didn't feel like leaving the resort. He loved the bar area by the main pool. Lot's of peple knock the size of it...it IS huge...but the resort itself is pretty...all in all we would stay there again.

Thank you for the info about CBR and its size. I am planning this trip not to be park every day open to close, but to take time and enjoy the resort since we are paying for the pirate room. I figure since there is internal buses, we might as well use them. Plus, I will put in a request for a room in building 36 or 37 and hope for the best. The first weekend my sister, etc will be there and since they live in Florida they will be driving up. We'll have access to 2 cars if need be.

My DH looked at the menu for Shutters and wants to eat there, so we have a reservation for our last night there. We figure that we'll be tired after the week and we are doing MK that day. It closes at 7 for the MNSSHP so we'll head back, have dinner and be at the resort for the evening to get ready to go home the next day.

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Who doesn’t love making ADRs? Here’s what I have planned so far:

Saturday 10/3 – dinner at Rose and Crown for 7 people at 8:30 pm. This is the first of 5 restaurants we are trying for the first time. Illuminations is at 10 pm so I think we can take our time with this meal so we can watch it from here? I’m going to ask for an outside table with no expectations. I was shocked and surprised to snag this reservation.

Sunday – 10/4 – no planned meals. We are doing the MNSSHP on this day so we are planning to be at MK when it opens, take a break in the afternoon and then go back for the party in the evening.

Monday – 10/5 – no planned meals this day either. We are doing EPCOT so we figure we’ll snack/eat our way around the World Showcase for Food & Wine. We are doing a full day here during the week since the weekends are nuts for F&W.

Tuesday – 10/6 – My sister and family are headed home, so just DH, DD and I for meals from here forward. We have dinner at Jiko at 7:15. This is our AK day so we plan to take a bus from the park to the hotel for dinner. We’ve never eaten here so I am excited – restaurant #2 that is new this time.

Wednesday – 10/7 – Hollywood Studios this day and we are trying Hollywood Brown Derby for a 3:45 early dinner/Fantasmic package – restaurant #3 that is new this time. I think Grapefruit cake is in my future for this day.

Thursday – 10/8 – Magic Kingdom in the morning / Epcot in the afternoon & evening. We are trying Restaurant Marrakesh for the first time.

Friday – 10/9 – Lunch at Cinderella Castle. We love the atmosphere here and I need one princess meal. Dinner at Shutters (5th new restaurant this time) back at the resort. We figure we’ll try this since its where we are staying and we can just go back to our room after.

Saturday – 10/10 – day of departure. We are going to Animal Kingdom for part of the day and going to Tusker House. I love this buffet and this is the only buffet of this trip.

Next is figuring out Fast Passes. 88 days until the trip. 27 days until fast passes, if I am calculating correctly. Midnight on Sunday 8/2?

NonnaT

This will be our 7th trip to Disney. We started going in 2010 when our daughter was 3 years old. I had never been prior and I fell in love with it when she saw it the first time. This is our 5th trip as a family, but 7th trip for Lizzy and myself as we went June 2014 and April 2015 without DH/daddy.

I lost my job in March of this year. The good news is I was only unemployed for 2 months before finding a new, lower paying but better job with flexible hours, closer to my daughter's school and the work from home option! While unemployed I convinced my husband that we needed to take a Disney trip in October for my daughter’s fall break. I was feeling sad with nothing to look forward to and I was positive I would have a job by then plus my Disney fund was just about where it needed to be to pay for a trip so I plead my case. He gave me the okay and I started planning.

When it all started we were staying at POR from 10/3-10/10 and I was happy. We were planning to do eat out of pocket and do no dining plan. Then free dining came out. My agent tried everything to get me a reservation for this to no avail. I was ok with that! A week later she texted me at 10:30 pm on a Saturday saying that if I could move to Caribbean Beach in a Pirate room we could get the free dining. Plus we would have to move our flight one day earlier. I weighed the options by figuring how much we would spend out of pocket to eat would be more than upgrading to a pirate room and getting the free dining, we would be saving money, so why not. I hear the horror stories about how far the pirate rooms are from the food court, but in all honesty, we’ll live! We’d never stayed at this resort before and my daughter loved the looks of the pools so it was a done deal. Thankfully Southwest had a flight the night before at 5pm so we easily switched to that one. Who doesn’t like getting to the DME 12 hours earlier than originally planned?

The details:
Who:
Myself (43)
DH aka Grumpy (44)
DD – Lizzy

Additional Folks:
Grammy (age-she’d kill me if I told)
Dre (my sister)
Max (BIL)
Aidan (nephew)
will be joining us from 10/2-10/5

Where: Caribbean Beach – Pirate Room – 10/2-10/10

Why: Because I'm a nut and Disney is great! Plus, fall break for the kiddo from school so it's either find child care for a week, take a week off work and stay home or go to Disney. No brainer :)

I would love to have your comments on our plans, will you join me?

Up Next - Dining Reservations
You will LOVE CBR's pool! It's a lovely resort and I personally like it better than either of the Ports... It is much larger, but IMHO is much prettier and love the greenery, hammocks, and evening marshmallow roasts! Your family will enjoy it!

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Great plans :) And staying in POR :) Just a few weeks before we will arrive at POFQ :) Our 2016 trip will be POR :) Enjoy the pre feelings!!

I am a little sad that we aren't staying at POR this time, however, I am eagerly anticipating a new adventure in a new resort. Does anyone know if the internal buses are pretty regular?

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
You will LOVE CBR's pool! It's a lovely resort and I personally like it better than either of the Ports... It is much larger, but IMHO is much prettier and love the greenery, hammocks, and evening marshmallow roasts! Your family will enjoy it!

The pool looks awesome. My daughter is 8 and when she saw it she practically begged to stay there. Who am I to refuse?

FlaggNL

I am a little sad that we aren't staying at POR this time, however, I am eagerly anticipating a new adventure in a new resort. Does anyone know if the internal buses are pretty regular?

Now I see :) I misread you msg :) Thought that you are staying in POR. But you moved to CR and now have a free dining plan :) Tha;s also great! In 2015 POFQ for us and in 2016 POR. The 2016 offer was so good we had to take it :) As far as I know from our Oct 2014 trip the buses go with a pretty regular time schedule.

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Now I see :) I misread you msg :) Thought that you are staying in POR. But you moved to CR and now have a free dining plan :) Tha;s also great! In 2015 POFQ for us and in 2016 POR. The 2016 offer was so good we had to take it :) As far as I know from our Oct 2014 trip the buses go with a pretty regular time schedule.

I don't blame you for taking a great deal. I figured we would be spending more to eat out of pocket than it would be to upgrade to a pirate room, so we went for CBR this time. I have stayed at POR 3 times now! Mansion, Bayou and Royal rooms. AoA once, POFQ once. As you can see POR is my favorite too!

NonnaT

I personally have never used the internal buses, so can't answer that, but if you ask for a room in Jamaica or Aruba, you won't need the buses...

ColoradoEquestrian

Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like everything lined up and you will have a great week with some great food :D 10/4 happens to be my birthday, so have a cupcake for me that day--ha!!! MNSSHP is a total blast--are you planning to dress up?

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like everything lined up and you will have a great week with some great food :D 10/4 happens to be my birthday, so have a cupcake for me that day--ha!!! MNSSHP is a total blast--are you planning to dress up?

I don't have plans to dress up at this moment. I was thinking of matching shirts for our group for one of the days. Kinda cheesy but could be fun, maybe?

Cupcake. Ok! What is your favorite? I'll be at the MK all day and at the resort so it would have to be one close by there.

Every day I am counting down to this trip. I cannot wait to be back!

NonnaT

I don't have plans to dress up at this moment. I was thinking of matching shirts for our group for one of the days. Kinda cheesy but could be fun, maybe?

Cupcake. Ok! What is your favorite? I'll be at the MK all day and at the resort so it would have to be one close by there.

Every day I am counting down to this trip. I cannot wait to be back!
Love the tee shirt idea. There are a million choices, including making your own design with your family name, say on vista print. I made some for our family for our AK day and got a lot of complements! I'm sure someone will chime in soon about a cupcake!

TheMouseFan

So my date to make Fast Passes is 8/3, if I stay up til midnight on 8/2 can I make them at 12:01 am??
As long as all of the parks are closed by midnight (not including EMH). If MK happens to be open later, you won't be able to start making them until it closes and the computers can reset.

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
As long as all of the parks are closed by midnight (not including EMH). If MK happens to be open later, you won't be able to start making them until it closes and the computers can reset.

Thank you. I just checked and MK is open until midnight this Sunday. I think I'll stay up and give it a shot.

Yelloweaver

Original Poster
Hope you get what you want!! Have a great trip!

Thank you so much! We shall see on Sunday. I'm not stressing this trip. Its #7 so we want to slow down and enjoy our time without racing all over the place this time.

I just booked this, this morning:

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tasting Sampler — NEW!To celebrate the Epcot Food and Wine Festival’s 20th anniversary, for the first time ever, you can enjoy this sampler package that allows you to Taste Your Way Around the World easier than ever before! You’ll also enjoy priority seating for the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Show!
You’ve wanted that pass to Eat and Drink Your Way Around the World — well, here it is!
This package includes:
  • Eight entitlements for food or beverage of your choice at 30 Food and Wine Festival Booths
  • Priority seating at the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Concert on the day the package is purchased
  • Limited release 20th Anniversary pin that comes in 3 different colors
When: Limited amount of packages available daily
Where: Epcot
Pricing: $59, per person, plus tax. Epcot admission required.

Super excited. We are going the say Smashmouth is playing. Should be a fun time!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom