Wilderness Lodge vs. Riverside

prc

We have two options: Riverside standard view at $110/night or Wilderness Lodge at $182 per night. THere will be two adults and one 7 year old boy. Is the Wilderness Lodge worth it?

mightyduck

Originally posted by prc
We have two options: Riverside standard view at $110/night or Wilderness Lodge at $182 per night. THere will be two adults and one 7 year old boy. Is the Wilderness Lodge worth it?

Does the Wilderness Lodge have the savannah view?

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Wilderness Lodge vs. Riverside

Originally posted by mightyduck

mighty, I thought only the Animal Kingdom Lodge had the savannah view? Does Wilderness Lodge have one, too? If they're talking about AKL, I would pay the extra, no hesitation. The Wilderness Lodge is nicer (in my opinion) and closer to MK than Riverside resort.

Upvote 0

prc

Original Poster
Re: Re: Wilderness Lodge vs. Riverside

Originally posted by mightyduck

It is the woods view. We will also be there the week of Thanksgiving and I have heard that the WL is beautiful at that time.

Upvote 0

disneydentist

Originally posted by prc
We've never stayed at Riverside but we stayed at Wl last year and have reservations for this Nov. We love it. IMHO it is the most bang for your buck among the deluxe resorts. Location relative to the MK is great, we've never had problems with transportation, and the atmosphere is unbeatable. Just a though, check out the discount codes at mousesavers.com. We got a courtyard (pool) view for less than you've been quoted for a woods view. LOL.:cool:

Upvote 0

bear-san

WL well worth the money

My wife and I stayed at Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings) when our son was six. We enjoyed it. The following year, we stayed at WL. We LOVED it!

The boat to MK was brilliant, so much so that we used the boat and both monorail lines to get to Epcot. Everything at WL is closer in, and the ducks on the swimming pool each morning was a special treat.

Sure, we may try the AKL in the future, but we're looking forward to going back to the WL this fall!

Upvote 0

Smee

Go to the Lodge, you will not regret it. We have stayed there at least a few nights every trip since WL opened.

Get a courtyard view, you'll love it. The boat transportation to MK is great.

For the money, the Lodge is the best.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

this is a toughy for me....i grew up with Dixie Landings (Riverside) and i love it there...it's like home to me! but i stayed at WL this past June, and i really liked it there as well. but my judgement is somewhat clouded because of an experience that happened at RS in May 2000...a personal and very unique experience that probably doesn't usually happen to people there.

anyway, i've visited WL during the Thanksgiving holidays, and of course they're already decorated for Christmas. and WL really is breathtaking during the holidays! so since it'll be the holidays, my advice is that, if i were in your shoes, i'd splurge and take WL!
and just to answer your question, yes, WL is definately worth it!!
but never under-estimate RS ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom