Wilderness Lodge DVC Cabins

ToTBellHop

The Disney filing on the Wilderness Lodge has a marking for "View to Fireworks".

Do you really think some cabins might have a view of the nightly fireworks?

Looking at the diagram below, if Disney doesn’t leave many trees in front of some of the cabins, a fireworks view might be possible.

However, the island in front of the cabins, and perhaps the Contemporary Resort might restrict some views.

What do you think?

MK_Fireworks.jpg
The island would be the problem. I'm sitting in a fifth floor room and can see Wishes, but you can't see the fireworks from ground level.

216bruce

I'm sure like the Polynesian Bungalows, the Cabins will be beautiful. But again, Disney is missing the point while milking DVC for every last cent. The beauty and charm of the Lodge and Villas lies in the architecture and intimacy. To ruin that is a shame. If they mess around with the WL lobby like they did with the Poly's, that would be a crime.
I agree, but I also am quite sure that next to no one will sell their points back to Disney or put them on the market because of the changes and additions. That tipping point hasn't been reached yet. It may at some point, but right now we, as DVC owners, are kinda stuck with either 'deal with it and learn to like it' or 'sell'. The third option 'gripe' is quite valid, but probably won't mean much.

RSD Part Deux

I'm just wondering how the contracts will work with this. WL Dvc has long been sold out. Now with the bungalows one would assume they will be selling lots more points. Will these contracts have the same expiry date as current WL contracts or will they be new expiry dates? I can see this becoming very messy.

ToTBellHop

Well - IF you have a "Villas at WL" contract - please read it. In clear language: The property description covers our contracts.... it is very specific, and it does NOT describe anything BUT the property we are responsible for.

You will also note, as with all DVC interests, that the total number of points may not change.

WDW may build anything they wish to... the day they violate an existing contract is likely the day DVC dies.

These are the reasons that I expect will push these "New offerings" into a totally separate DVC contract. It's just not worth it for DVC to destroy their reputation over an existing contract violation.
The easiest response is just to make a new DVC like you mention. The Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge would work.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually, they can easily add these to the current DVC there. It's in the contract that they are allowed to do this. The execution, however, might be a bit tricky. The original contract end date is January 31, 2042. They can add these into the inventory, just like they did for the SSR Treehouses. Since it has been so long, they would have to offer a new end date for those points bought from the new villas, but current owners would still get the 11 month window, even for the new options. I think they would probably offer an upgrade just like they did with OKW for a new contract end date. We'll have to see how they do it, but adding them into the current DVC there is doable, since they already have one resort (OKW) with 2 different contract end dates, it would be simple to add another into their computer system.

ToTBellHop

Actually, they can easily add these to the current DVC there. It's in the contract that they are allowed to do this. The execution, however, might be a bit tricky. The original contract end date is January 31, 2042. They can add these into the inventory, just like they did for the SSR Treehouses. Since it has been so long, they would have to offer a new end date for those points bought from the new villas, but current owners would still get the 11 month window, even for the new options. I think they would probably offer an upgrade just like they did with OKW for a new contract end date. We'll have to see how they do it, but adding them into the current DVC there is doable, since they already have one resort (OKW) with 2 different contract end dates, it would be simple to add another into their computer system.
If they offered other VWL owners the option to extend to 2066, then yes. I bet that extension would cost a pretty penny, though...think I'll stick with 2042. I'll be 82 in 2066!

S. Paridon

Does anybody know when they might start to offer these for sale? My wife, our kids, and I absolutely love the Lodge and stay there every time we go. We have been tossing the idea of DVC around for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger because of the cost.

That being said, I have a feeling like the ambiance of the Lodge may be lost a bit with all of this construction going on, kind of like the Poly. We were there just this past April and the minimal construction there was a bit of a bummer.

Thanks.

Seth

ToTBellHop

Does anybody know when they might start to offer these for sale? My wife, our kids, and I absolutely love the Lodge and stay there every time we go. We have been tossing the idea of DVC around for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger because of the cost.

That being said, I have a feeling like the ambiance of the Lodge may be lost a bit with all of this construction going on, kind of like the Poly. We were there just this past April and the minimal construction there was a bit of a bummer.

Thanks.

Seth
Have you looked into a DVC resale at Wilderness Lodge? It might be exactly what you are looking for--you can find 150+ point contracts good through 2042 for about $80/point. Also, if they are about to make serious improvements to some of the infrastructure at the resort (and it seems they are--pool and dining), it might be smart to buy now before demand presumably rises.

Seanual757

I like the concept I go agree if they tear out all of the trees what’s the point and it goes against everything about FTWL. Cabins in the woods is a great concept but I am also afraid they will price these like the Bungalows @ Poly and I would not stay in them.

S. Paridon

Have you looked into a DVC resale at Wilderness Lodge? It might be exactly what you are looking for--you can find 150+ point contracts good through 2042 for about $80/point. Also, if they are about to make serious improvements to some of the infrastructure at the resort (and it seems they are--pool and dining), it might be smart to buy now before demand presumably rises.

Does anybody finance DVC or do you just drop the cash straight down? What's the general opinion?

lostpro9het

You can but honestly the best way to actually save money joining DVC is to have the cash on hand. Otherwise those interest payments really dilute your savings.
Just my opinion, well and maybe ISTCNavigator57's too, don't go into debt for a luxury item item this!If you have such a hard itch to be a DVC member then save up $3-$5k and buy a small resale. Otherwise, be patient, save, and it will be worth it more in the end.

S. Paridon

Just my opinion, well and maybe ISTCNavigator57's too, don't go into debt for a luxury item item this!If you have such a hard itch to be a DVC member then save up $3-$5k and buy a small resale. Otherwise, be patient, save, and it will be worth it more in the end.
I have absolutely zero desire to go into debt for Disney or anything else. If the wife and I don't have the cash on hand, we won't do it, plain and simple. Just trying to see what others have done. I always assumed that most resales were probably people who did finance the purchase, got in over their heads and bailed.

dreamfinder

Does anybody finance DVC or do you just drop the cash straight down? What's the general opinion?

Plenty of people finance. But it takes a 10-15 year breakeven and often turns it into a 20-25 year breakeven. Most timeshare is going to be at least a 10-15% interest rate, so it's pretty ugly. Financial advisers will usually recommend not to do so strictly from a practical nature, if you can even convince them that timeshare in and of itself is a good idea.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, in addition to taking cash rooms and converting them to DV studios, Disney is going to clear cut the woods on the borders of the Lagoon? Those trees are one charms of that resort. Plus, they act as a sound barrier for boat and bus noises.

Imagine getting a first floor villa and now your view is not trees, but a view of the entry to someone's bungalow. Bad idea, Disney.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If they offered other VWL owners the option to extend to 2066, then yes. I bet that extension would cost a pretty penny, though...think I'll stick with 2042. I'll be 82 in 2066!

I'll be....well let me just say my picture would show up on a Smucker's jar on the Today show. ;)

harryk

Will hate to see a single tree removed to add the cabins along Bay Lake. Those trees greatly enhance the wilderness feeling when I look out the windows or sit on the balcony. If they actually placed the cabins on the lake as they have done at the Poly - I would have no objection -- this would not remove the trees at the buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom