Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Next Big Thing

I don't know of a single way they'll be able to top what they had. A million and one ways to screw it up though.
I'm sure this will be a lot like the Poly situation where a lot of people who have a connection to the resort may have a hard time accepting the change. However, from what I know, it should still be a very nice area that 95% of guests won't even noticed changed once it's done.

NYwdwfan

Laughing Place (@laughing_place) posted photos on Twitter:

ChD_mgGWYAAulPq.jpg

Jon81uk

What in the world is that?

There was a restaurant marked on the plans, so I am expecting it to be a pool bar and grill similar to what recently opened at the Polynesian's Oasis quiet pool. But there is also discussion that a community hall is coming in this building as well as a restaurant.

Rodan75

There was a restaurant marked on the plans, so I am expecting it to be a pool bar and grill similar to what recently opened at the Polynesian's Oasis quiet pool. But there is also discussion that a community hall is coming in this building as well as a restaurant.

Oh yeah. I guess I just wasn't expecting that to be there. It will be interesting to watch the resort evolve. I know I'm in the minority, but I like how they evolved the Poly.

ABQ

So a community hall similar to what sits next to the villas pool at the Boardwalk? Is this structure between the Trout Pass Pool bar and the boat/bike rental? Can't really tell exactly where it is.

note2001

What in the world is that?
That, is an upperclass TeePee :D only the Counsel of Elders may enter.

Seriously though, On these new units, restaurant, pool house, and cabins, I hope they use the same construction the main lodge and villas have. It would be a crying shame to put up some vinyl sided structures by the lake when the rest of the resort was so carefully made from trucked in Northwest Lumber.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That, is an upperclass TeePee :D only the Counsel of Elders may enter.

Seriously though, On these new units, restaurant, pool house, and cabins, I hope they use the same construction the main lodge and villas have. It would be a crying shame to put up some vinyl sided structures by the lake when the rest of the resort was so carefully made from trucked in Northwest Lumber.
You didn't seriously just write that, did you? There is zero chance of that.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Zero chance of which: the vinyl siding (This is the new Disney: entirely possible they'd do this), or the TeePee? (a joke reference to the TeePees on the lake concept).
The vinyl siding. They didn't go cheap on the bungalows, why would they for the WL? Look, Disney may have had a some issues in the past, but pretty much everything they have done lately has gotten back to the quality builds that they used to do. People don't necessarily like all that they have done (myself included), but it has been quality work.

bunnyman

As a frequent non-DVC guest at the Wilderness, I hope that this new building brings in something like the new Poly Oasis grill that I saw in the above link to reduce crowds at Roaring Forks. I always had wished that the Trout Pass pool bar would have served some items.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I am more curious as to how contracts will work. Will these have exorbitant point costs per night that will have an end goal of reshuffling the entire VWL point chart ultimately raising points needed per night? How will this affect the 50 years contract term? Will the new contracts be 50 or shorter to match the rest? There are a lot of questions I have with DVC add-ons to existing DVC inventory. This will certainly affect my future add-ons whether direct or resale.

@ParentsOf4

ToTBellHop

I am more curious as to how contracts will work. Will these have exorbitant point costs per night that will have an end goal of reshuffling the entire VWL point chart ultimately raising points needed per night? How will this affect the 50 years contract term? Will the new contracts be 50 or shorter to match the rest? There are a lot of questions I have with DVC add-ons to existing DVC inventory. This will certainly affect my future add-ons whether direct or resale.

@ParentsOf4
They cannot modify the points required throughout the year at the VWL for existing owners. If I had to guess, they will make an entirely new DVC resort (at least in name) for the new wing and bungalows with a 2067 expiration. It's the least messy route to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom