Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

One thing that I loved about WL is how it always seems removed from the rest of WDW, a little oasis of calm in a world of busy. A large part of that allusion was due to the visual blocking of that stand of trees to the west of the lodge. I'm afraid that with the additions of the cabins they will lose that visual isolation and sense of peace.

peter11435

More people packed into the parks. :arghh:
Except it doesn't work that way. Additions like these don't drive attendance at the parks. It just redistributes how and where guests stay while visiting. And even if it did (which it won't) this would represent maybe 100 extra guests at the resort. That would be completely unnoticeable at the parks.

CaptainAmerica

I think it'll be nice when completed but I'm not going to love being there during the construction. Any clarity on timeline? Might need to switch to AKL.

ToTBellHop

One thing that I loved about WL is how it always seems removed from the rest of WDW, a little oasis of calm in a world of busy. A large part of that allusion was due to the visual blocking of that stand of trees to the west of the lodge. I'm afraid that with the additions of the cabins they will lose that visual isolation and sense of peace.
I'm afraid of this too. It looks like most of the trees between WL and MK will go away. That may also mean the Standard and many Woods view rooms will become MK view.

CaptainAmerica

It's marginal. With no trees, it will be a true MK view. You really think disney will sell a newly-clear view as standard?
With that service area in the foreground? I sincerely hope so. The thing that gives me confidence is the fact that AKL has a number of less-than-perfect savanna rooms that they sell as Standard.

I could see them sold as MK view but with a much smaller premium than the monorail resort MK views. They won't sell otherwise.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Seems like a good time to start to reconsider franchising one of these babies:

vasaria_pitchfork_and_torch_co_light_tshirt.jpg

andysol

If it makes for a much better or additional pool, an additional waterfront restaurant, and new community areas (curious what these will be)- all for the cost of 26 waterfront cabins in an area where there was a walking trail? I'll take it.

There's going to be complainers, but I'd wager they complain about everything. Some people don't like change, even when it adds more and better options.

Of course, it's wait and see until we see more info. At least the toilets will flush without waking the dead like the bungalows. And one small request- please don't have the TVs need an instruction manual.

note2001

At least the toilets will flush without waking the dead like the bungalows. And one small request- please don't have the TVs need an instruction manual.

Ahem, Wilderness lodge, you don't get no stinking TVs in those cabins... or power.
And your toilet will be silent because it's an outhouse :D They call it realism.

Last edited:

janoimagine

Ahem, Wilderness lodge, you don't get no stinking TVs in those cabins... or power.
And your toilet will be silent because it's an outhouse :D They call it realism.

Nice. :)

I am not going to complain, but we have a 250 pt contract at the WLV's ... I for one am not thrilled about the addition's and think that a new DVC would have been better suited to the Campground as initially planned.

What I don't like is tearing up the shoreline and removing the secluded feel the resort has, the line 'fireworks view' on the plans makes me laugh, I did like the pines and wildlife that I could see in the mornings from our room, but now it would appear that the view we had will be replaced with the backside of cabins ... not sure I can say I am a fan.

I am all about the pool upgrades and new eateries, but did they have to tear out the shorelines? I will hold off all judgement until I actually see some concept artwork but man ... more DVC ... ?

note2001

What really worries me about all this are the undisclosed changes that will inevitably be going on. So we know the shoreline will change with new cabins, the boat rental dock may or may not be moved, there will be changes to hidden springs pool (I hope they can keep it surrounded by trees)... but what else...

First thought... The wilderness trail along the shore will be impacted on the WL end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom