1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by danlb_2000, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Fox&Hound

Fox&Hound Well-Known Member

Man, Wilderness Lodge just speaks to me. What a beautiful resort.....

2. flyerjab

flyerjab Kaltxi Premium Member

Here is video of the Villas from a DVC tour. I had to break them up to protect the innocent.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  3. Alexi

Alexi New Member

I've always loved the Wilderness Lodge. The one place I love more than Disney World though is the pacific northwest, so I can't wait to stay in the new DVC rooms that are inspired by that area.

4. Alexi

Alexi New Member

It's absolutely beautiful. Disney did a fantastic job with that resort and I like it a lot more than any of the resorts on the 7 seas lagoon!

5. J2theGo

J2theGo New Member

Is it just me? I'm just not impressed with the new DVC rooms. The cabins look great, but I feel like they went cheap with the bedrooms especially. I kind of feel like all the stuff in the rooms could be purchased at Target or Home Depot. They are nice, but not up to Disney quality I would expect. I think the plain beige drywall walls kill it for me. They don't say midwest lodge or cabin or wilderness at all to me, they say nice apartment.

Kram Sacul, TINKWINGS and patrok65 like this.
  6. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I'm visiting my sales guy Tuesday, so I'll be able to check out the mockups. The cabins look nice from the outside. I'm tempted to walk down to Geyeser Point after the construction crew leaves for the day to see if I can sneak a peek - many of them look completed on the outside. The pool, still a big concrete hole - but it looks like the rock walls are almost done.

Pictures from my room...

20170421_124752.jpg

Attached Files:

7. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

I don't know. They look contemporary rustic to me. Which is the theme. Granted I don't particularly LIKE the theme.

FerretAfros and GoofGoof like this.
  8. TINKWINGS

TINKWINGS Well-Known Member

HUGE Wilderness Lodge fan here and ......Ugh...sorry disappointed....I don't even see contemporary rustic theme here.....and the WIlderness Lodge is supposed to be inspired by the National Parks and Yellowstone......compared to the tradition of the Wilderness Lodge and all its refurbs over the years, this falls way short in my opinion. Its like the decorator had a blank canvas and threw a coverlet on the bed with a kilim print and other than that? I doesn't say wilderness lodge to me at all....oh except the view outside the window. Yes it looks new and neutral but where is the creativity and theming elements that are Disney? If you want contemporary then GO to the contemporary DVC Villas...o_Oo_Oo_O. Nothing in this space says Disney to me.... :bored:.

Kram Sacul, csmat99 and katdralion like this.
  9. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Well-Known Member

Here's a nice view of the interior of the cabins.

10. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

I like the look of the cabins.

Not much to go on for the studio and 1 bed. Looks sleek but a bit "IKEA" and minimalist for my liking.

11. note2001

note2001 Well-Known Member

There are color changing LEDs in the fireplace, hehe. Not sure if I like it or not, but it's different!

12. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Just like real Montana! Give those Imagineers 3 attaboys!

note2001 likes this.
  13. Otterhead

Otterhead Well-Known Member

Looks good! I like the look of these cabins. Now if only you'd turned your camera to the side....

flyerjab likes this.
  14. flyerjab

flyerjab Kaltxi Premium Member

LOL! Actually, my wife took those, with no idea that I would be stealing them to republish on this site.

15. JaxFLBear

JaxFLBear Active Member

dreamscometrue likes this.
  16. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

17. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

I am still astounded at how truly bad these look. How out of place at the WL. And how they've largely destroyed what has always felt like 'home' to me since I first stayed there opening week of 1994.

I am sure plenty of today's Guests, today's DVCers, today's fans will lap these up ... because plenty of the above also have not the faintest clue of theming and sense of place.

As an owner at 'Boulder Ridge' (whatever the blank that is), I am just sickened by the loss of trees, the loss of theme, the loss of beauty and artistry for units that could be anywhere ... what a total piece of (crap). I waited, Ken Potrock, you were wrong, I was right. But you win anyway because there's no going back.

18. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

I really feel like another piece of the DisneyWorld I loved has died. What next?

*shudders*

19. optjay

optjay Active Member

100% agree!!!
    Couldn't agree more. Right from the start of the removal of the "Wilderness" my family felt the loss of our home away from home.
    People saying just wait, trees grow back. No amount of plantings will restore the beauty that once was. the cabins are so out of place, the quite pool is now an attraction size pool.
    We have lost another Disney World treasure

20. yeti

yeti Well-Known Member

"Too bad they spoiled it with a pig!"

Fox&Hound and nor'easter like this.