1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by danlb_2000, Mar 25, 2015.

1. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Yep. The studio mockup was mocked up royally.

2. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping for a more constructive response..and perhaps pictures. But thanks anyway....

flyerjab and andysol like this.
  3. flyerjab

flyerjab Kaltxi Premium Member

We will be visiting the show room at SSR tomorrow. I will see what I can do. We are interested in this new DVC expansion.

I always will give things the benefit of doubt before judging. Case on point - the new rooms at YC. I saw pictures online and thought they looked bland and uninspired. After staying in one two nights ago, I totally changed my mind. Those new rooms a great!

StevieRay and andysol like this.
  4. LAKid53

That's my mindset also. Those pictures are artists renderings. Until I see the actual mockups myself next month or someone posts pictures from their tour, I'm reserving judgement. From what I saw of the new pool construction from my room, I think it's going to be amazing and can't wait for it to be finished.

StevieRay, andysol and flyerjab like this.
  5. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Well-Known Member

It seems like there are still a lot of people who are confused by the new names for the DVC resorts at the Wilderness Lodge (well, maybe not here on WDWMagic, but elsewhere). This graphic helps show the two resorts.

MapExplain.jpg

6. hpyhnt 1000

hpyhnt 1000 Well-Known Member

To bring my earlier post full circle, based on the pics from @flyerjab (quoted below), great to see the appropriately lampposts now installed. Much better than the initial ones we saw.

Yeah, the original theme centered on a tribute to the National Parks lodges has been completely consumed. Shame too, as a railroad sub-theme can be a good complement to the parks one (as the original villas showed). But this is what happens when you try to add theming to a build rather than building to a theme.

Geyser Point does look great. It'd look even better if there wasn't a subdivision of cabins right next to it!

7. flyerjab

At breakfast this morning they had screens down to block the wind coming off Bay Lake.

IMG_6882.JPG

You can see on the rafters above that there are heaters. Also, after you order they bring it to your table with cloth napkins and real silverware. Another great touch!

The portion sizes are very good. For dinner last night we had the salmon BLT, smoked turkey sandwich and the classic bacon cheeseburger with waffle fries. All fantastic! I also had the quinoa salad and it was great. Also, it was cold last night and the staff brought out blankets for those that needed them!

For breakfast all the choices looked good. I chose the scrambled eggs, potato hash, bacon and cheddar biscuit. Yum!

IMG_6880.JPG

8. DznyRktekt

DznyRktekt Premium Member

So roughly 1/2 of of the main lodge remains standard resort rooms? Sad.

COProgressFan likes this.
  9. DznyRktekt

This looks great!

flyerjab likes this.
  10. flyerjab

Eventually, the five tables setup right beside the lake will be the prime sought after tables at Geyser Point.

IMG_6894.JPG

We were just sitting here enjoying some drinks and watching the boats. In the distance you could hear the train whistle. It was wonderful.

jt04, amazingwdw, maroonmol and 4 others like this.
  11. WDWtraveler

WDWtraveler Premium Member

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 17. Concur with @flyerjab, these tables by the lake at Geyser Point will be very popular.

IMG_9378.JPG

IMG_9379.JPG

A view of the new pool area and cabins under construction in front of Boulder Ridge DVC. Geyser Point is the large building on the left.

IMG_9370.JPG

A view through the construction fence of the rock work around the new pool area. Faux moss covers the tops of the rocks as with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Avatar land.

IMG_9372.JPG

The replacement lamp posts are more "in theme."

IMG_9375.JPG

A new boardwalk is being constructed to connect the west cabins with the existing boat dock.

IMG_9380.JPG
    An updated view of the cabins from the monorail.
    IMG_9383.JPG

ParentsOf4, DGracey, bgoofy and 16 others like this.
  12. DznyRktekt

Disney rockwork is art!

Fox&Hound likes this.
  13. note2001

note2001 Well-Known Member

Look! Trees!
    Half of what I see there around the first cabin look like fast growing southern pines. That's a good sign. Here's hoping they replant the rest of the stripped land with the same density.

MinnieM123 and Fox&Hound like this.
  14. DVC Mike

DVC Mike Well-Known Member

Below is the official count of rooms by DVC. They match the numbers I published on Wednesday morning, except they count the cabins as dedicated 2-bedroom units and don't break them out separately as I do (26 cabins and 56 dedicated 2-bedroom = 82).

CCV Room Inventory.jpg

ParentsOf4 and WDWFanDave like this.
  15. Fox&Hound

Fox&Hound Well-Known Member

Man, Wilderness Lodge just speaks to me. What a beautiful resort.....

16. flyerjab

Here is video of the Villas from a DVC tour. I had to break them up to protect the innocent.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  17. Alexi

Alexi New Member

I've always loved the Wilderness Lodge. The one place I love more than Disney World though is the pacific northwest, so I can't wait to stay in the new DVC rooms that are inspired by that area.

18. Alexi

Alexi New Member

It's absolutely beautiful. Disney did a fantastic job with that resort and I like it a lot more than any of the resorts on the 7 seas lagoon!

19. J2theGo

J2theGo New Member

Is it just me? I'm just not impressed with the new DVC rooms. The cabins look great, but I feel like they went cheap with the bedrooms especially. I kind of feel like all the stuff in the rooms could be purchased at Target or Home Depot. They are nice, but not up to Disney quality I would expect. I think the plain beige drywall walls kill it for me. They don't say midwest lodge or cabin or wilderness at all to me, they say nice apartment.

Kram Sacul, TINKWINGS and patrok65 like this.
  20. LAKid53

I'm visiting my sales guy Tuesday, so I'll be able to check out the mockups. The cabins look nice from the outside. I'm tempted to walk down to Geyeser Point after the construction crew leaves for the day to see if I can sneak a peek - many of them look completed on the outside. The pool, still a big concrete hole - but it looks like the rock walls are almost done.

Pictures from my room...

20170421_124752.jpg

Attached Files: