Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

mikenatcity1

So they are treating them like a separate DVC resort? 2 DVC resorts on the same property? That won't be confusing at all. o_O

This sounds similar to what they did at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Jambo/Kidani.

If purchasing at Copper Creek gets home resort priority to all of WL (just as purchasing 1 of AKL did) i'll be all over this :)

cindy_k

The announcement says its a new DVC resort... which to me sounds like Original WLV members won't be able to reserve the new cottages in the 11 month window and visa versa. With Poly, AKL, even Saratoga Springs, the cottages / wings / sections are a room type with different point values, but not a separate resort.

orky8

The announcement says its a new DVC resort... which to me sounds like Original WLV members won't be able to reserve the new cottages in the 11 month window and visa versa. With Poly, AKL, even Saratoga Springs, the cottages / wings / sections are a room type with different point values, but not a separate resort.

This is more than just the cottages -- it is also the entire south wing of the existing main lodge that has been converted to DVC (Copper Creek). There are now two resorts at WL and, correct, it does not seem that current WLV owners will be able to reserve the new DVC at the 11 month window or vice versa (though, I suppose, Disney could allow it if they wanted to).

Poly is not the same -- Poly was a new resort with studios and bungalows built and sold at the same time. On SSR, I don't think treehouses could stand could stand by itself as a viable DVC, so they lumped it in with SSR. AKL was much closer in time between Jambo and Kidani, so again, not really the same.

Horizons1

Oh no, the former Hidden Springs Pool is being renamed. I fear it will be something along the lines of the Noisy Wide Open No Longer Secret Pool of Awesomeness.
It won't be enjoyable anymore. Oh, and don't forget it will now have a fence around it!

surfsupdon

Strangely of all of the things that folks complain about at WDW this is the one that gets me riled up. I hate the pool fences or more accurately really I hate the limited pool hours.

Those new limited pool hours are ridiculous, especially at Resorts where the quiet pool is not hidden away allowing you to jump in. A morning swim after a morning workout is a way of life on vacation for me. But pools don't open till sometimes 9am. This does not work. So usually I arrive before the cleaning crew does and cool off after the morning workout.

Monorail_Orange

Actually, in today's highly litigious atmosphere, I understand the existence of the fence and limited hours for those pools monitored by lifeguards, which I think is practically every guest pool on property anymore.

Monorail_Orange

I understand the rational...I just don't like it.
I get what you're saying, but if the alternative to fence and limited hours is no pool at all, then i'm good. But yes, if we didn't have to have those things in the first place, that would be better, but that's just not possible in today's society.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
This actually makes me happy, as I was worried that new buyers (for the cottages) will probably be buying in at a higher number of points, then jumping into original units at the 11 month window, shutting out lots of original owners. This is one case where I'm happy for segregation. The other resorts mentioned above, were all constructed and sold simultaneously, so no changes to pre-existing owners....everyone is on equal ground, so to speak. I'm more than happy to wait until the 7 month window to use my original VWL (now BRV) points at Copper Creek (CCV).

Last edited:

Rodan75

I'll try to post pics later. But they are currently pouring foundations for little buildings on the shore of the 'Boulder Ridge' side. Looks like the cabins on this side will be on the shore and not over the water. The foot print for each building looks small.

Jon81uk

I'll try to post pics later. But they are currently pouring foundations for little buildings on the shore of the 'Boulder Ridge' side. Looks like the cabins on this side will be on the shore and not over the water. The foot print for each building looks small.

None of the cabins will be over the water, they will all be within the woodlands.

COProgressFan

Those new limited pool hours are ridiculous, especially at Resorts where the quiet pool is not hidden away allowing you to jump in. A morning swim after a morning workout is a way of life on vacation for me. But pools don't open till sometimes 9am. This does not work. So usually I arrive before the cleaning crew does and cool off after the morning workout.

Saw this at DAK Lodge this fall. Dad with two little girls arriving at pool around 8am with bathing suits on, towels, pool toys, etc. But pool was closed. Kids of course seemed disappointed. With two small kids of my own, I felt their pain.

Sometimes its nice to have a nice quiet, early morning swim. Would be nice to see longer hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom