Wilderness Lodge Bus Song

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Ok, so I have a challenge for you. I recorded part of a song on a bus from the Wilderness Lodge to the MK. We had just left the bus stop at WL when this song was played. I really would love to know what the song is if possible, it's a beautiful song with nice relaxing pan flute music. It's most likely part of the WL area loop but I've never heard this particular piece before. Anyway, the video is mine, like I said I started taping as soon as the bus pulled away from the stop at WL.

Any help will be greatly appreciated since I've been trying to figure this out for a while now!

Thanks everyone!! F.R.

Gomer

Your video is marked as private. Not sure if its just me.

I know I've heard Bela Fleck played on the WL bus before, but I don't remember a Pan Flute in those tracks.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Your video is marked as private. Not sure if its just me.

I know I've heard Bela Fleck played on the WL bus before, but I don't remember a Pan Flute in those tracks.
I just changed that to public. I guess because I hadn't published the video yet it automatically set it to a private setting. You can probably view it now. Thanks for telling me!

ABQ

@Gomer may be correct, I'm not sure, however they used to sell a selection of CD's in the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, they may still, including the music heard around the lodge itself and on the buses that service the lodge.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I believe its this.

This is EXTREMELY close, but not the same one. I've been doing a search and sampling the songs in the lists, some really close like this one. I wish there was a list of just the bus loops from and to the resorts. There's also one from the bus to the Beach Club that I'd love to have.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
It definitely sounds like it's Native American Flute, but it's not one of the songs on any of the WL loop pages that I've seen. If it's Douglas Spotted Eagle it's not the ones they have listed on the sites I've seen. This is really driving me crazy, I feel like I'm so close to figuring it out.

Bairstow

Well it's definitely Lakota flute music. I can't tell from your recording whether there's anything else, drums or bird sounds or whatever, in the background.

You say you were on the bus, not just at the bus stop?

I've heard that certain Peter Kater tracks from this are used:

Specifically, track 8, "Sand Creek Memories", but this doesn't sound like that.

Try track 13, "Lakota Flute Song" or track 23, "The West".

Bairstow

The second half of this video is Douglas Spotted Eagle's "Creation," which is also part of the confirmed resort loop tracklist.
I don't think this is it.

Bairstow

Ok, did a bit of searching on other message boards, and it looks as though the music loops for the buses are newer, and completely independent of the music loops played at the actual resorts.

Still, check one more track for me, #20 on this CD, "Creation".

It's a soundtrack from a documentary produced in 2006, so it has to be older than the original loops for Wilderness Lodge.

http://www.amazon.com/Way-West-Bria...11447562&sr=8-1&keywords=brian+keane+way+west

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I want to know which Cast Member had a wicked streak and decided the theme song from that other park should play on the Disney buses. I thought I was crazy until my daughter started humming it.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom