Where should we stay?!

• Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Art of Animation

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

MgFP13

Original Poster
I am trying to decide between these 2 resorts that I can get for the same price:
Wilderness Lodge (Queen + Bunk Bed)
Art of Animation (Family Suite)

So, I guess the big difference is size of the room and quality of the resort. WL is a deluxe with more amenities, but a much smaller room. The AoA is a nice size 2-room suite, but with less hotel amenities. I also like the location of WL as we will be spending 2 of our days at MK. Has anyone had experiences at both of these resorts? Help me decide!

epcotisbest

I am trying to decide between these 2 resorts that I can get for the same price:
Wilderness Lodge (Queen + Bunk Bed)
Art of Animation (Family Suite)

So, I guess the big difference is size of the room and quality of the resort. WL is a deluxe with more amenities, but a much smaller room. The AoA is a nice size 2-room suite, but with less hotel amenities. I also like the location of WL as we will be spending 2 of our days at MK. Has anyone had experiences at both of these resorts? Help me decide!
Did not mention when you are going. Main pool at WL is undergoing refurbishment right now. That might sway your decision. If it is after pool rehab, WL all the way.

MgFP13

Original Poster
Staying with an 8 and 3 year old. That's why the extra space at AoA is so appealing. If it was just us, it would be WL, hands down!

Mouse_Trap

If you're gonna drop this amount of money on a hotel room, that at the very least it needs to be the Deluxe, not a value motel room.

WL without a moment of thought.

Tinkerbell397

I have never been to AOA but I would imagine that a family suite would have more space than a queen/bunk room at the WL. The WL is a lovely hotel, very convenient to the MK and the other MK resorts but it is a bus to the rest of the parks. My husband and I stayed at the WL last September and for some odd reason, they gave us a queen/bunk room. I found it extremely claustrophobic. When you walk into the room, the typical closet is on your left and bathroom on your right and......BOOM!...... the bunks stick right out into the entryway. They were not against a full wall, but against the wall parallel to the entry door. The bunks are small but certainly comfortable enough for a 3 and 8 year old. We probably had 3 feet between the queen and the bunks and then about 5' from the queen to the window. Hope this helps. It will also depend on how much time you plan to spend in the room. If you leave in the AM and return for bedtime, the WL will probably be fine. If not, I just think it is poorly designed. Just my opinion. Have a magical trip!:cat:

ToTBellHop

WL all the way. It is a much nicer resort. Not worth the sacrifice of amenities and location to get extra space in a gaudy suite. Plus, having a single building with lots of fireplaces is really nice on those cool December evenings. And then the Christmas tree! Gorgeous!

R W B

I personally feel WL is more of an adult resort when compared to AoA. I think you will enjoy WL much more but the kids would probably like AoA more. Also, I've been in December 4 times now, great time to go but it may be a little chilly which is great forthat time of year but if its in the 50s or 60s, are you going to let your kids go swimming? The WL pool is fantastic so something to think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom