Wilderness Lodge boat - MK rope drop

kbmb

Original Poster
Does anyone know....can you make it to the MK rope drop by taking the WL Boat? Or is that cutting it too close? Doesn't the first boat pick people up at 8:30am?

How about the WL Bus, when is the earliest bus to MK?

Mukta

http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/water.htm

Operating hours

Open: The ferries begin operating 30 minutes prior to park opening including Extra Magic Hours. For example, if there are Morning Extra Magic Hours beginning at 8:00am, ferries take their first trip from the TTC to MK at 7:30am.

Closing: The ferries operate until 1.5 hours after park closing, including Extra Magic Hours.

Capacity and Schedule: The capacity of each ferryboat is 600 guests and 3 crew members. During opening and closing, all 3 ferries operate. During daytime and late night operation, 2 ferries operate with wait times between 10 and 20 minutes in most cases.

Mukta

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/using-walt-disney-world-bus-system-wilderness-lodge

One of the greatest benefits to staying at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel is that you receive complimentary transportation on property via a wide range of buses, boats, and monorails that move throughout the resort. Wilderness Lodge Bus service is bus service “available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2:00 a.m. from the Downtown Disney Area”.

kbmb

Original Poster
http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/water.htm

Operating hours

Open: The ferries begin operating 30 minutes prior to park opening including Extra Magic Hours. For example, if there are Morning Extra Magic Hours beginning at 8:00am, ferries take their first trip from the TTC to MK at 7:30am.

Closing: The ferries operate until 1.5 hours after park closing, including Extra Magic Hours.

Capacity and Schedule: The capacity of each ferryboat is 600 guests and 3 crew members. During opening and closing, all 3 ferries operate. During daytime and late night operation, 2 ferries operate with wait times between 10 and 20 minutes in most cases.

Thanks, but this doesn't really answer my question. I was wondering IF it's possible to make it. I was more looking for people with experience doing it.

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/using-walt-disney-world-bus-system-wilderness-lodge

One of the greatest benefits to staying at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel is that you receive complimentary transportation on property via a wide range of buses, boats, and monorails that move throughout the resort. Wilderness Lodge Bus service is bus service “available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2:00 a.m. from the Downtown Disney Area”.

Thanks.

Clamman73

Thanks, but this doesn't really answer my question. I was wondering IF it's possible to make it. I was more looking for people with experience doing it.

Thanks.

I've been on the boat from WL to MK and I don't think it took more than 10 minutes, so if a boat leaves 30 minutes before opening, then it should be possible...

kbmb

Original Poster
I've been on the boat from WL to MK and I don't think it took more than 10 minutes, so if a boat leaves 30 minutes before opening, then it should be possible...

Thanks. We used to stay at the WL all the time, but haven't been back for 4-5 years, and never used the boat first thing in the morning. I thought I read where boats start 30 minutes before, but I wasn't sure if it got to the WL dock at 8:30.....and then left 10-15 minutes later, thus not getting to MK until 8:55a or so. Plus I wasn't sure how often they sent that early boat over to the campground.

Sounds like the bus might be the safest option.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We are always at the parks first thing in the morning and especially at the MK so we can watch the opening show, never had a problem taking the ferry from WL to get to the opening of MK.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We used the ferry several times, including to make rope drop, so yes it's possible. It's also my experience that the buses and ferries start operating earlier than what the web site says. You can ask the front desk when the first ferry/bus leaves, but we've caught buses nearly 2 hours before park opening before when going to a pre-rope-drop ADR.

devoy1701

Does anyone know....can you make it to the MK rope drop by taking the WL Boat? Or is that cutting it too close? Doesn't the first boat pick people up at 8:30am?

How about the WL Bus, when is the earliest bus to MK?
Boat ride is about 15 minutes. You would make the Rope Drop, but if you wanted to be near the front...you're probably better off bussing it. The bus is (or used to be) the absolute fastest way from WL to MK.

75disney

We always take the bus around 8:15. We were usually at the park for the opening show every time. Take the boat back to the hotel later in the day. It is very relaxing after a long day in the MK.

kbmb

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. We really only want to see the rope drop show.....so being at the front doesn't matter as long as the kids can see the characters. Looks like both the boat or bus will be good.

In all my stays at the Wilderness, we've never taken the bus to MK (or any other park). I heard the Wilderness Lodge buses are pretty nice because there aren't a lot of other stops. Is that still true?

devoy1701

Thanks everyone. We really only want to see the rope drop show.....so being at the front doesn't matter as long as the kids can see the characters. Looks like both the boat or bus will be good.

In all my stays at the Wilderness, we've never taken the bus to MK (or any other park). I heard the Wilderness Lodge buses are pretty nice because there aren't a lot of other stops. Is that still true?
There are no other stops (it used to be anyway) and it's like a 5 minute ride. It's pure bliss. easily the best bus route ever. I know it includes Ft Wilderness on some of the runs to the other parks, but i'm pretty sure it has it's own MK line.

dave&di

When we stayed at the WL last year we only ever took the boat to the MK, we always got there with time to spare.

rwdavis2

It's not one of the large ferry boats but something much smaller. But you will make rope drop. We've done it several times. Just get to the dock early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom