Why We Can't Cruise Anymore

ChuckElias

WOW! That's such a big adjustment in such a short time. I'm sorry your dream house wasn't what you hoped. :( But I'm really happy that there seems to be a viable and positive alternative for your family. I hope the transition isn't too hard on everybody. Good luck in your grandmother's place.

BigTxEars

Buy this, you can live on it and we can all join you for free cruises

26261rc.jpg

And I will call you Skipper and everything!

Ralphlaw

Yeah, sometimes a beautiful country home means that you're seeing the inside of your car. Believe it or not, I'm a 10 minute commute from the office, and even that's too much. It used to be a 5 minute commute. But that extra 5 minutes each way every day means an extra 50 minutes in the car per week, an extra 3+ hours in the car per month, and an extra 40 hours per year. It also means I don't go home for lunch anymore.

Long commutes have turned us into human goings instead of human beings. I hope it all works out for you, and, quick, book a med cruise for this summer, and a Baltic for next summer. See you there. We can compare notes and contracting stories.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Yeah, sometimes a beautiful country home means that you're seeing the inside of your car. Believe it or not, I'm a 10 minute commute from the office, and even that's too much. It used to be a 5 minute commute. But that extra 5 minutes each way every day means an extra 50 minutes in the car per week, an extra 3+ hours in the car per month, and an extra 40 hours per year. It also means I don't go home for lunch anymore.

Long commutes have turned us into human goings instead of human beings. I hope it all works out for you, and, quick, book a med cruise for this summer, and a Baltic for next summer. See you there. We can compare notes and contracting stories.

I'd love to book something now, but it just isnt going to happen this year. We really have to get everything back in order first and then decide where to go. I would be up for a transatlantic even. The idea of being on the Magic for 12 or 14 days with nothing to do but hang out is VERY appealing. :D

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
WOW! That's such a big adjustment in such a short time. I'm sorry your dream house wasn't what you hoped. :( But I'm really happy that there seems to be a viable and positive alternative for your family. I hope the transition isn't too hard on everybody. Good luck in your grandmother's place.

Sometimes following the dream doesn't work out. My girl will be the one with the most disappointment, but she will be ok. I was looking at Magic Kingdom maps online the other night and I told her what it was. She asked if we move to Nana's house can we go back there. I said Yes. She was all about moving after that. :D

Bolna

I am so sorry that your dream did not work out! But you are lucky that you can change your situation around and are not stuck with something that makes you stressed out and unhappy.

And those longer cruises are always good value! Most people don't like so many sea days it seems. I love them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom