Why We Can't Cruise Anymore

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Well, we can cruise but it will probably be awhile after our 8 day on the Magic in April.

FrontElevation_zps92a4260f.jpg

Phonedave

Very nice - I like the craftsman style columns in the front.

But man, those are some big windows to "waste" on a garage. I know, it's for the balance on the facade, but I would be tempted to sit in my car and look out them. It would made for an AWESOME workspace though.

-dave

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Very nice - I like the craftsman style columns in the front.

But man, those are some big windows to "waste" on a garage. I know, it's for the balance on the facade, but I would be tempted to sit in my car and look out them. It would made for an AWESOME workspace though.

-dave
I agree about the windows, but I am not sure it would have worked without them. Its a 22x24 garage and I won't ever park in there. My wife has a Highlander and that will be the only vehicle to set tires inside. I have a long F-150 with wide mirrors and I don't want to squueze in. Plus, what you don't see is... I have a 30'x 50' metal building with a big roll up door to park in if I need to which is also my workspace. :D

Phonedave

I agree about the windows, but I am not sure it would have worked without them. Its a 22x24 garage and I won't ever park in there. My wife has a Highlander and that will be the only vehicle to set tires inside. I have a long F-150 with wide mirrors and I don't want to squueze in. Plus, what you don't see is... I have a 30'x 50' metal building with a big roll up door to park in if I need to which is also my workspace. :D

That's sweet. I was sort of wondering why a single car garage - but with the outbilding it makes sense.

I have a two car garage and when i would pull my wife's Ford Expedition in to it to work on, it was a scary process - very close commi g thorough the door. Pluse depending on how far it was into the garage, someone had to climb out a window.

-dave

Tonka's Skipper

Well now that is indeed a beautiful home!

But hold off in saying no cruising!!!

Have you looking into putting pontoons under the house and maybe get a rate from DCL to tow it behind one of their vessels?;)

AKK

sweetpee_1993

Well, cruising continually isn't all it's cracked up to be. Trust me. Next year I'm pushing for less cruising, more local travel, maybe Disneyland, and getting more settled somewhere that we're comfortable. Current digs just aren't cutting it. A home everyone is happy in is more important than the getaway. By FAR. The house is gorgeous! I, too, love those columns. The color of the house reminds me a lot of our house over in Port Arthur. I miss my house but not the location. :D

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
The posts are 8x8 cedar. The bases below the posts will be stone as will the area on the front where the building wrap is still visable.

Also, Kid 1 started kindergarten this year. Have to work around that and book when everyone else is going. Although a full ship is a full ship no matter when it is I suppose. My 3 year old boy out of the blue will say "See princesses" :)

I have tried and tried and can't make any trip work as far as the current itineraries go.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
UPDATE!!

We finally got moved into the new house on January 27th. We have concluded its not going to work.

My wife has an extra 30 minutes in the morning and evening for her commute. Thats a full hour she doesn't get to see the kids.
She really does not like to drive and another hour is not at all fun for her.
There is A LOT more work outside than I bargined for. I expected work, but being in the middle of it has changed the scale.
Being out in the country away from town is not as we expected.
My grandmother is in assited living now and we have the opportunity to buy her house that was built in 1894 and is the house where I grew up.
We spent a good deal more on the place than we had planned and it has created a financial hardship.

The new house is very nice and many people would love to have it. I just don't want to have the bigest, bestest, etc at the expense of not being able to enjoy it due to commute times. Not being able to travel. Not being able to enjoy life. A nice big new house isn't worth the price of everything else.

So we are planning on selling this, paying off all debts and still be able to get the other house. Be back in town. Most importantly be able to plan trips and have fun as a family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom