Why WDW ?

real mad hatter

Good Morning Folks..Hang with me on this one..After having exchanged a few views with @MR FERRET on fine dining on another thread this morning,I explained to the gentlemen that although I love dining out and indulging on fine food & wine,it's not a reason I pick WDW for a vacation.This got me Tinking..Now to my question..When you start to plan a Disney vacation,wither it be a weekend trip or a two week trip..What is the number one reason for picking Disney.?:inlove: Is it because of your children .? Is it for the thrills and spills.? Is it to relive memories of your own childhood.?.. So here am I planing out a 6th visit in 2015 that will set me back around $8000, give or take.For 14 days & nights..So what is my number one reason for planing this expensive vacation...???....Pause.....:rolleyes:.....More pause...o_O....Escapism..To escape from the real world for 336 hours ( give or take ) and live out my fantasy with my DW and DS and have memories that I'll cherish forever..." You may say I'am a dreamer,but I'am not the only one."..:hilarious: So what is your number one reason for planing a WDW vacation.?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good Morning Folks..Hang with me on this one..After having exchanged a few views with @MR FERRET on fine dining on another thread this morning,I explained to the gentlemen that although I love dining out and indulging on fine food & wine,it's not a reason I pick WDW for a vacation.This got me Tinking..Now to my question..When you start to plan a Disney vacation,wither it be a weekend trip or a two week trip..What is the number one reason for picking Disney.?:inlove: Is it because of your children .? Is it for the thrills and spills.? Is it to relive memories of your own childhood.?.. So here am I planing out a 6th visit in 2015 that will set me back around $8000, give or take.For 14 days & nights..So what is my number one reason for planing this expensive vacation...???....Pause.....:rolleyes:.....More pause...o_O....Escapism..To escape from the real world for 336 hours ( give or take ) and live out my fantasy with my DW and DS and have memories that I'll cherish forever..." You may say I'am a dreamer,but I'am not the only one."..:hilarious: So what is your number one reason for planing a WDW vacation.?
To quote an oft used meerkat "Simples"
Because it's Walt Disney World.. end of
a sensible answer :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
It is because of the complete "bubble " thing.When we are there we are so disconnected from our real world back home its awesome.Just me and DW in our own little world.. No phones,No interweb,not even a watch for me ..

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

This is going to sound insane but our WDW trips are some of the least stressful we take because it's only a 2 hour direct flight from home, and we've been there so many times that I don't stress out at all about what we see or don't see. I know we'll be back at some point so whatever we miss, we catch on a future trip. The quality at WDW is pretty consistent, usually, so we also know, for example, that our hotel room will almost certainly be nice and clean.

We take a lot of other vacations and while I'm always up for traveling somewhere new, when we take those trips I know I'm going to need to put in a lot more research and planning and worrying before we leave. With WDW I could practically book a trip and leave tomorrow and not be especially stressed out about it.

Upvote 0

Tiggertoo56

Who needs kids. A group of 7 of us are going in Oct 2014 and all are over 25! We just love Disney as its Disney! Somewhere where you can pretend to be a kid again. Actually the only time we went with a kid he was 10, the next twice we all got to go together the 3 kids with us were teens. Agree with @Mr Ferrett - SIMPLES - its WDW.

Upvote 0

nolatron

DW and I have been to WDW nearly every year since '99. The reasons we go... Probably originally for that childhood escape but probably now there's 2 main reasons: getting to see our kids enjoy as much as we did but also cause of that "bubble". Of course, we still enjoy ourselves. But for us a vacation to WDW a simple and easy trip to plan. It's a 1 stop destination where once we get there we're there. We don't have to drive all around a busy city in rush hour to get to "the sights", or try and figure what there is to do in a city for a toddler (and now an infant). While we like to travel going to Disney is just relaxing for us.

And even as we get older I find I'm slowly shifting from going for the rides for more the atmosphere and dining. With lines and crowds continually getting bigger every year, sometimes I'm just as happy chilling with a dole whip on a bench as I'd be riding a bunch crowded rides.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Well, it's certainly escaping reality into the magic bubble, but the kids do play a role. As fun as WDW was pre-kids and as much as I know we'll enjoy an adults only trip...having this kids with us really does enhance the magic. Even though they're getting a little older and many of these things aren't new to them, they approach it all differently than an adult- just adds a bit of extra magic IMO.

Upvote 0

jw24

I think for me being a solo traveler, it's a lot of things. Like everyone said, the idea of escape from the real world and all its stresses. I'm definitely in the bubble when I go to WDW. I find myself more relaxed and less worried when going to WDW as opposed to other places. Because of past experiences, it's easier to plan as opposed to visiting a place you're not familiar with. Other than that, the theme park parks fit me. At most giant theme parks, there's not much to do because I don't do thrill rides and roller coasters. With WDW, there's more options, ride wise. I also think one reason I love going to WDW because unlike a lot of people who got to go to Disney as a kid and are now doing the favor to their children, I never had great childhood memories of WDW because I have no recollection of them. I mean, most people have stories when they were a 4 year old and got their first photo with Mickey. They have stories about getting a hug from their favorite princess when they were 5. I never got to experience those iconic childhood moments at WDW so basically, I'm trying to make up for it with trips of my own. Plus I'm just downright happier when I'm in WDW than other places. I mean, I wouldn't choose to vacation in a place I hate. Like I've said, just being there is the best feeling of all.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I think for me being a solo traveler, it's a lot of things. Like everyone said, the idea of escape from the real world and all its stresses. I'm definitely in the bubble when I go to WDW. I find myself more relaxed and less worried when going to WDW as opposed to other places. Because of past experiences, it's easier to plan as opposed to visiting a place you're not familiar with. Other than that, the theme park parks fit me. At most giant theme parks, there's not much to do because I don't do thrill rides and roller coasters. With WDW, there's more options, ride wise. I also think one reason I love going to WDW because unlike a lot of people who got to go to Disney as a kid and are now doing the favor to their children, I never had great childhood memories of WDW because I have no recollection of them. I mean, most people have stories when they were a 4 year old and got their first photo with Mickey. They have stories about getting a hug from their favorite princess when they were 5. I never got to experience those iconic childhood moments at WDW so basically, I'm trying to make up for it with trips of my own. Plus I'm just downright happier when I'm in WDW than other places. I mean, I wouldn't choose to vacation in a place I hate. Like I've said, just being there is the best feeling of all.
Yeh! Me too..Never got my hug until I was almost 52 years young,:(

Upvote 0

LucyK

No kids here but we go back because it's where we feel most connected to each other (my mom and I). She has her friends, I have mine and although we live together one barely sees the other one. So we make a point of travelling together at least once a year, just the two of us. We've been to a lot of places and get turns picking locations, but the one place that truly bound us was WDW. We share an immense love for all things Disney and being there together was more emotional than anything else we've done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

It takes me a way to a place where I am truly happy. It brings back memories as a child with my family. I love the rides, I love the food, I love Walt Disney, I love remembering my family. The number 1 reason - it just is with out a doubt my happy place. There is no place that I would rather be.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Because Disney gives me everything I want in a vacation. I can do as much or as little as I want. The variety of thrills, entertainment, events, excitement, is such that I am never bored, or lose my desire to go back. I never once thought that when my son grew up , that was the end of my Disney days. And cost? Well if I want something bad enough I find a way to save for it. And I want Disney bad. I've never experienced another vacation that gave me as much pleasure and joy as consistently as Disney has. End of story.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom