Why is the MDE app still so terrible?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
I have an Android and I was very impressed by how well the app worked when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

It was better today, except for that calendar problem. I wonder if it's related to the problem some other people in other threads were reporting with the site not working.

bigrigross

Even on IOS it acts wonky. I am on the most recent version of IOS and on a 6S Plus and it behaves worse than my wifes phone which happens to be android.

Disney.Mike

Never used the app for FP+ reservations. But I did use it for last minute dinners and to check wait times on my phone (Droid Turbo 2), and wifes phone (Iphone 6). No major issues with the apps functionality on either.

Chef Mickey

Android holds 86% of the market.

I've had no issues.
That's true, but misleading.

iOS Share
US - 44%
Japan - 57%
Australia - 46%
Great Britain - 48%

Android has a high worldwide (what you quoted) share because it's cheap and is driven by India and China. iOS is the dominant player in many developed markets, particularly when you consider iOS only runs on iPhones, which is a single device (iPhone) besides different sizes. Android literally runs on dozens of other devices, many costing under $150...which is what most people buy in emerging markets.

Bottom line is people who can afford it choose iOS far more than your number indicates (as if they choose Android 86% of the time).

Android is a lot like Windows. Every device runs it and it works great when it works...but it's plagued with problems because there is no control over the hardware.

Rebel_

No offense, OP, but are you sure your expectations are appropriately set? Like, what percentage of the time do you expect the product to work? Should it be online more than, say Test Track? Should it rollout as seamlessly as RoL did? What I'm asking is have you accepted any responsibility in this?

:cool:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
No offense, OP, but are you sure your expectations are appropriately set? Like, what percentage of the time do you expect the product to work? Should it be online more than, say Test Track? Should it rollout as seamlessly as RoL did? What I'm asking is have you accepted any responsibility in this?

:cool:

That's a good point, I need to lower my expectations here. As long as it's operational at least as often as Frozen I should be happy. It's sort of like my moldy uncooked hamburger example from the other day. Thanks for pointing that out for me. :joyfull:

Rebel_

That's a good point, I need to lower my expectations here. As long as it's operational at least as often as Frozen I should be happy. It's sort of like my moldy uncooked hamburger example from the other day. Thanks for pointing that out for me. :joyfull:
Moldy, uncooked hamburger?
Have you been eating at ABC Commissary?

Goofyernmost

Heck no! I learned not to eat there years ago!
I used to skip it with great regularity, then by accident or necessity, don't remember which one, I was there for lunch and had an Asian Salad and it was great. I only remember the other stuff from back when Disney/MGM first opened and it was not pleasant.

homerdance

I used to have an android, i really preferred to it the Apple product. But I started to not be able to update any apps because the updates for my Galaxy came from Verizon and they were very poor at pushing them. I think by the time they finally pushed some, i was like 4 versions behind the "current" version. I switched to my iPhone and honestly don't like it as well, but rarely do I have re-occuring issues with APP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom