Why is the MDE app still so terrible?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
I just want to say that the MDE app for Android is abysmal. It's the very epitome of untested junk software. I'm trying to use it today to schedule a couple of FP+s for next weekend and it's just a terrible experience.

For example, scheduling FP+. In order to schedule FP+ in MDE on Android (across multiple devices and accounts) you have to start your FP+ selection and then click the little calendar icon next to the month because the app does not populate the calendar properly. If you tap anywhere in the calendar, it exits the FP+ selection page and takes you to the previous page.

vTIEAPN.png

Once you get past this problem, half the time you try and select an FP+ it tells you that an error occurred, or it just kicks you back to the previous selection screen without any message at all.

Just now I picked my date from the calendar and then Hollywood Studios. MDE switched to the FP+ selection screen with a little spinning circle but instead of listing FP+ availability it sent me to the "How It Works" page.

Seriously TWDC, is testing your software really that hard?

/rant

Chef Mickey

From what I've read, MDE (like so many other apps) is more optimized for iOS than Android. Android has so many different versions of the OS rolled out at one time with extremely poor adoption and even more phones of different manufactures and sizes that many apps work poorly and inconsistently across devices.

This is another reason iOS/Apple are raking it in...it's just a better model. And I currently have a Note 4. I cannot wait to replace it with the iPhone X/8. Never Android again...I have the same problem you're having with SO many other apps.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
From what I've read, MDE (like so many other apps) is more optimized for iOS than Android. Android has so many different versions of the OS rolled out at one time with extremely poor adoption and even more phones of different manufactures and sizes that many apps work poorly and inconsistently across devices.

This is another reason iOS/Apple are raking it in...it's just a better model. And I currently have a Note 4. I cannot wait to replace it with the iPhone X/8. Never Android again...I have the same problem you're having with SO many other apps.

I don't have problems with any apps, except this one.

Chef Mickey

I don't have problems with any apps, except this one.
Is you Android newer? I have problems with following apps:

TheScore (Sports)
MDE
Chase
Google Finance
Yahoo Finance
Stock Gallery App
Yahoo Mail
Priority Pass
Viber

The error is usually, "Unfortunately ____ has stopped."

Surprising, Amazon works very well and I never have issues with Chrome.

I also have the 30% battery = OS crashes in 1 minute problem and loop restarts until battery is actually dead. ATT even gave me an entirely new phone, same problems a month later.

I've had several Android phones and they all started doing this at the end of second year, into third year. After it happend on my Galaxies and now this Note, I'm done.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
Is you Android newer? I have problems with following apps:

TheScore (Sports)
MDE
Chase
Google Finance
Yahoo Finance
Stock Gallery App
Yahoo Mail
Priority Pass
Viber

The error is usually, "Unfortunately ____ has stopped."

Surprising, Amazon works very well and I never have issues with Chrome.

I also have the 30% battery = OS crashes in 1 minute problem and loop restarts until battery is actually dead. ATT even gave me an entirely new phone, same problems a month later.

I've had several Android phones and they all started doing this at the end of second year, into third year. After it happend on my Galaxies and now this Note, I'm done.

Between phones, tablets, Android TV devices, etc I have about 13 Android devices within reach ranging from Arm to x86 and from 4.4 to 7. MDE is the only app that's consistently bad.

LeighM

Luckily, I've never had an issue with MDE on any of my Android devices. Typically, if I'm having any issues with my phone, it's because I haven't updated the app to the most recent version. Now what I am having problems with, and can't seem to fix, is that after the most recent software update for my phone was pushed out, I keep getting a pop up message about the auto backup to the Cloud isn't working or connected. No matter what I do, the darn message keeps harassing me!!

AndyS2992

I used it on Android back in 2015 every day for two weeks and it worked perfectly fine with no problems at all. I hope they haven't messed with it too much.

Cmdr_Crimson

The thing that really stinks about it is once they updated it all of my androids will not let it run on it due to compatibility. I get to the sign in area and it won't let me log on...It worked fine last year but, now it refuses even after the update...I wish this app would have been useful for guests who have older devices but, nooooo..

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

This.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom