Why is Stitch still there?

Kate F

Original Poster
Now, I don't absolutely loathe this attraction like the majority of people on this board, but I really think that it is time for this one to go. I know today's Disney is extremely slow at getting worn out/unpopular attractions replaced, but I still think they would've done something with it by now, considering how widely hated it is. It's been there for over a decade, most people seem to hate it and I don't even think it gets long enough lines to warrant keeping it (I could be wrong about that). I can't imagine it lasting another ten years, even with Disney's tendency to let things rot.

Also, if this attraction were to get replaced, what would you want to see it replaced with? If the building is big enough, I'd like a futuristic, maybe slightly thrilling dark ride, but another show would be nice as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Now, I don't absolutely loathe this attraction like the majority of people on this board, but I really think that it is time for this one to go. I know today's Disney is extremely slow at getting worn out/unpopular attractions replaced, but I still think they would've done something with it by now, considering how widely hated it is. It's been there for over a decade, most people seem to hate it and I don't even think it gets long enough lines to warrant keeping it (I could be wrong about that). I can't imagine it lasting another ten years, even with Disney's tendency to let things rot.

Also, if this attraction were to get replaced, what would you want to see it replaced with? If the building is big enough, I'd like a futuristic, maybe slightly thrilling dark ride, but another show would be nice as well.
I know how you feel. Last time we were there one of stitches arms literally rotted off in front of me.

yepitsandy

I'm a Stitch fan and will ride it every time, even though it isn't great. That said, I know it's going eventually.

I would think it is still there just because it is a low priority replacement. It's in a good spot where it eats some of the overflow crowds from Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Stitch still sells a decent amount of merchandise.

Goofyernmost

Disney is blissfully unaware of any issues with the Stitch attraction at the MK. Surveys say, people LOVE Stitch. Right?
Many do love Stitch. Just because a vocal cross section of the people that frequent this board don't like it doesn't really mean anything. They know how many people go there per day. We don't! They also know that they are running out of options about what to put in that particular building. Not everyone of them can be a top echelon attractions.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Stitch's Great Escape is still there because of the money made in the post show gift shop.

Watch a piece of concept art come out one day where there was a replacement to Stitch based on Tomorrowland and then when the movie bombed, they said, "We'll just keep Stitch instead."

Just to be clear, this is just my hypothetical. I would love to see a return of Alien Encounter, but I know that that is just unrealistic.

Matt_Black

If the show were more popular, I'd say switch it out with Wander Over Yonder. Keep the premise almost exactly the same- Lord Hater and his Watchdogs have captured Wander, but he escapes. The comedy comes from Hater acting all terrified by Wander's niceness and positivity. "Banjo music?!? NOOOOOO!!!"

britdaw

I'm not sure why the Stitch attraction is still there. I don't know anyone who really loves that attraction, and you'd think they'd want to put something in people would actually enjoy.
I do think, especially with everything going on in DAK, Disney Springs, and in HS, Disney's attention is just focused on more "important" projects right now.

FigmentForver96

Many do love Stitch. Just because a vocal cross section of the people that frequent this board don't like it doesn't really mean anything. They know how many people go there per day. We don't! They also know that they are running out of options about what to put in that particular building. Not everyone of them can be a top echelon attractions.
Wait times throughout the year can show the popularity but that entirely aside.

I expect Disney to make something much better because it's Disney. I don't believe for a second that somehow this is the best they could do.

FrostyNaples

It will be changed when the board decides to and approves a budget to renovate. Same process for everything in a business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom