Why is Pinocchio missing from park and Disney?

Geppetto

Original Poster
Why is Pinocchio and all of the characters from his movie missing from the park? Besides wishes and a few songs Pinocchio has vanished. Also, the skipped Pinocchio from the diamond blu Ray movie and even in the new app there is no Pinocchio???? Why are these characters being phased out?

mouse_luv

Why is Pinocchio and all of the characters from his movie missing from the park? Besides wishes and a few songs Pinocchio has vanished. Also, the skipped Pinocchio from the diamond blu Ray movie and even in the new app there is no Pinocchio???? Why are these characters being phased out?

They're in parades, you see them from time to time at special events at the park as well. Also, there's a whole QS restaurant in Fantasyland at the MK in WDW called Pinocchio Village Haus.

Cmdr_Crimson

Has one of the most Memorable songs.....Shows disturbing Imagery.....Disney!
tumblr_lr1kxtIwdx1qcbuyio1_500.gif

FigmentPigments

I also think that Pinocchio is an older movie that a lot of today's kids may not know. I know I was on a cruise playing guess who I am and the audience tried everything to get the boy to guess Pinocchio. We said things like he has a conscious and wishing upon a star, but the boy never guessed it. When he was told it was Pinocchio, he looked so confused like he had never heard of it.

JIMINYCR

He doesnt carry a sword or a light saber. He doesnt take part in any action filled fights. Kids dont relate to that kind of a character anymore. The force isnt with him and neither is Disney..:p

Want to see some images of Jiminy, Figaro and others, go stroll through Pinocchio Village Haus. They have some great painted scenes on their walls in all their dining sections.

DisneyPrincess5

DH and I JUST had this convo a few weeks ago while strolling through MK. We were talking about some classic movies that dont have a ton of representation in the parks.

Pinochio does have ok representation considering that not every film can have a ton of attention. He does have a bronze statue in the castle hub, there's some merchandise, Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland, and as @Matt_Black said, "When You Wish Upon a Star" is definitely the anthem of everything Disney. I'd even venture to say it's one of the most, if not THE most recognizable Disney song.

Schneewittchen

He doesnt carry a sword or a light saber. He doesnt take part in any action filled fights. Kids dont relate to that kind of a character anymore. The force isnt with him and neither is Disney..:p

Want to see some images of Jiminy, Figaro and others, go stroll through Pinocchio Village Haus. They have some great painted scenes on their walls in all their dining sections.

I love Pinocchio, my kids not so much. Seriously, it's a movie about being a good boy and minding your parents.

With the older films, my kids like male leads that slay dragons, steal from the rich, fight pirates, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom